1/6 [ New ] PANGAEA Toy 1/6 Gladiator General PG02 Official Pictures Updated!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my personal experience I would say no.
I have both the cmtoys and the new coo models body (which are almost identical)
and both of them have a very thick torso.
Judging from the armor the cmtoys spartacus had (it was made specifically for a cmtoys body),
the aci version probably will not work with this.

But on this video (08:25)
I just saw a guy put a cmtoys armor on an aci body.
So until someone has it in hand or we receive info from aci, we 're in the dark.
Thanks! I'm hoping either this or the KP version will work with the CM body. :pray:

I afraid the bodies you mentioned could not fit the armour which is very tight for our ACI bodies.
cheers
Bryan

I thought so.
Never mind, today an arm on a coo models seamless body broke when trying to change a pose,
so I prefer to use the stock body.

Just try to make all joints stiff to hold any pose,
because in my Greek General the joints on the elbows and the wrist pegs are a little loose,
unlike the joints on the shoulders and knees which are stiff.
When holding heavy die cast weapons everything must be on the stiff side.

Regarding the deluxe version (which I 'll buy) I would prefer if both heads were included
with a little change in price of course.
It's unusual when paying the most money for a deluxe version to not get a head,
offered in a simpler version.

Anyone offering the Arena/Barbarians set for sale that is reputable? I usually only order HT's from SideShow, but I need me a Maximus, like yesterday!!!

Thanks,

JP

Bryan,

For clarification, the Deluxe Set comes with everything from the Arena Version and Final Battle version except for the Arena version's Battle Damaged head, correct?

I ordered Version A.

At the end of the day, deciding factor was the BD HS which made it look better.

If that HS came with the deluxe, then I would have ordered that instead. IMO this looks way better then the KP version.

yes, exactly!
sorry, i miss this post!

Bryan,

For clarification, the Deluxe Set comes with everything from the Arena Version and Final Battle version except for the Arena version's Battle Damaged head, correct?

I ordered Version A.

At the end of the day, deciding factor was the BD HS which made it look better.

If that HS came with the deluxe, then I would have ordered that instead. IMO this looks way better then the KP version.

I actually cancelled my PO for the KP version and found Urban Samurai still had Delux edition still available and jumped on it. Was only site I could find with it still for PO; only single versions available everywhere else. Saw a video review of KP's and it just looked too much like a toy. Hopefully their helm fits this head though. Excited this guy to add to the collection :)

I actually cancelled my PO for the KP version and found Urban Samurai still had Delux edition still available and jumped on it. Was only site I could find with it still for PO; only single versions available everywhere else. Saw a video review of KP's and it just looked too much like a toy. Hopefully their helm fits this head though. Excited this guy to add to the collection :)

You my friend have taste ! The KP looks too old and fat for Maxi.... I mean.... uh... Gladiator General. IMO.

Its a shame that there isn't much buzz for this figure, because it looks excellent. I've seen the prototype for the Deluxe in Hong Kong.

I actually think, not a lot of collectors know this exists since the thread is under this category.

If this was posted in the General Collectibles section, I'm sure it won't be a measly 6 pages. But whatever... I tend to like having figures not "everyone" has. Shows some diversity. Other collectors can find out about it after its sold out.

You my friend have taste ! The KP looks too old and fat for Maxi.... I mean.... uh... Gladiator General. IMO.

I too prefer this version over KP's.
KP's head looks like Max is going to cry :( and also because their policy over the xxl warrior set
(bad original hs, collaboration with ML for selling new hs, response to my complain, cancellation of new hs).
The helmet on KP's version is missing and if you can find it, it will add up to the needed amount,
so it will actually cost more than ACI's version.

I am still cautious though with ACI, because I bought their Greek General
only to discover after 1 month they "might" do a new repaint version.
If they proceed with this plan, I will cancel my preorder.

Its a shame that there isn't much buzz for this figure, because it looks excellent. I've seen the prototype for the Deluxe in Hong Kong.

I actually think, not a lot of collectors know this exists since the thread is under this category.

If this was posted in the General Collectibles section, I'm sure it won't be a measly 6 pages. But whatever... I tend to like having figures not "everyone" has. Shows some diversity. Other collectors can find out about it after its sold out.

From the about 50 1/6 figures I have, only 5-6 are Hot Toys;most of them are either unlicensed or custom ones made by me.
Hot Toys pricing is over the top, my taste is a "little" different than most collectors,
so I like making my own figures like for example my latest creation Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter.
I am in the same boat of having figures that are either unusual, unique or just different than the average collector.

Wow, what a great prototype. Very impressed with the headsculpts, paint and likeness. They really captured the "General". *coughs*

estimated release should be july/august. i've got that from them directly as a reply, when i asked them a week ago.

I just preordered this yesterday. Pretty pumped. I was looking for the final battle armor, and was bummed that Kaustic Plastik weren't doing it. This overall does look better than KP though - let's hope the final product stays close to the prototype.

Since I live in HK, I will probably have this on-hand soon after it is released.

I will post pics here. Normally I don't bother if its an HT, since plenty of ppl post already. Don't see the point in the effort.

Back