[ New ] PANGAEA Toy 1/6 French Crusader General Balian PG04 Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really like this guy!
0eca310f64af51b40f68c31c0c827be5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received notice that my Balian (Baron of Ibelin version) has reached my local post office!
Another long wait is almost over!

Received him some time ago and as I see noone wrote his remarks, so I decided to write my thoughts about him.

First of all I want to note that it was a little pain in the ass to fully assemble the figure.
Hood, spurs, belt with sheath had to be attached onto the figure by me and it was no easy task.
The spurs appear to be the same (both left or both right), but I will have to check them again.
A lot of hanging laces (from clothes) had to be tucked in and a lot of loose threads from the fabric chain-mail had to be cut.

The grasping right hand won't hold tight the hilt of the sword.

Last the left shoe fell off and I thought the ankle ball was broken, only to discover that it has a housing that came apart.
Pangaea uses now a different design in the ankle ball system compared to the Gladiator General.
The ankle ball inserts into a mount which is located inside the feet and allows more movement.

I expected the cross to be big as to hold it in his hand, only to discover it's tiny and hanging from a necklace.
I don't remember if in the movie it was a small or a large one.

The rooted hair is not as straight as shown in the prototype photos, maybe because the figure was inside a box?
I would prefer an extra hs with an open mouth like HT King Leonidas, but that 's just me.

All in all a very good figure that requires some futzing in order to shine.
Pangaea should have included a paper with instructions & photos on how to put the mentioned gear on,
as an inexperienced collector may damage the figure while trying to put them on.

That would be my last Pangaea figure for the moment after also acquiring Greek & Gladiator General,
as the Scottish General is seriously lacking on the hs and the Trojan General is of no interest to me.

Finished fuzzing and customizing mine,
Weathered his clothes and gave him a slight repaint, cut and fixed his hair, switched him to a coomodels narrow shoulder slim body,
fits much better now , in reality now he looks a lot slimmer (there is some lens distortion)
Gave him smaller gloved hands ( with his Ibelin ring) , remade the belt.
Overall, really pleased with him now

14101563_10157655210875157_495254690_n (1).jpg
14111607_10157655210750157_1417146585_n (1).jpg
14137894_10157655210745157_1484805058_n (1).jpg

Hi Sankari, excell nt job with your figure.

Guys - any tips on fixing or styling his hair? The hair is just all over the place, not very experienced with rooted hair. Any help is much appreciated!

Back