New Order of the Phoenix trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I read the book I totally pictured Judi Dench as Umbridge and I really wanted her to be cast in the film version. But it looks like Imelda Staunton will be fine in the role.

I am very much looking forward to seeing this movie!

Oh, and here's a shot of Voldemort in the suit for those of you who haven't downloaded the trailer yet:

voldemortsuitnf2.png

tomandshell said:
When I read the book I totally pictured Judi Dench as Umbridge and I really wanted her to be cast in the film version. But it looks like Imelda Staunton will be fine in the role.

I am very much looking forward to seeing this movie!

No, my high school English teacher WAS Umbridge. She was short, fat, properly, rude, and looked like a toad. She even did the "hem, hem" cough perfectly. This woman is NOT Umbridge. I will forever picture my English teacher!

As for that Voldie pic, that may end up a new avatar for me :D I'm guessing that it is from a dream or a halliocuiation or something because I don't remember him in a suit. Very strange, but cool looking.

The trailer cutters are getting really good - or at least 2 movies this summer are going to kick serious butt. That one is almost as good as the PotC3 trailer.

Guess I better get started if I'm going to re-read all 6 books before the movie and the final book come out...

Buttmunch said:
As for that Voldie pic, that may end up a new avatar for me :D I'm guessing that it is from a dream or a halliocuiation or something because I don't remember him in a suit. Very strange, but cool looking.

I got the impression from the trailer that this was a vision/hallucination on Harry's part. There is another shot from his POV where Voldemort has vanished and people are walking along like nothing has happened. If you have read the book then you will understand a little of the Harry/Voldemort connection that is going on in book/film five.

tomandshell said:
I got the impression from the trailer that this was a vision/hallucination on Harry's part. There is another shot from his POV where Voldemort has vanished and people are walking along like nothing has happened. If you have read the book then you will understand a little of the Harry/Voldemort connection that is going on in book/film five.

Yeah, I got the same impression. I've read all the books (only once each, but I've listened to all of them on tape besides OotP) too, but it has been a while so I didn't remember visons of Voldie. Still strange Harry would picture him in a suit though :confused:

If I had my way I would had the directors film every little piece, every little page and then edited that to the film released time but then put out the entire thing in a Director's Cut DVD.....but that is just me...

bigdaddyrob said:
Oh thats cool Jen , just rub it in! Who needs IMAX ~ I'll have ...ummm ...ppl talking, yeah! ...And then there that whole invading personal space and a serious lack of proper hygiene habits.....

Well at least I'll have popcorn :rolleyes:

So sorry! :lol Well our silly Imax theater never did show 300...which really bummed me out, so i guess they are trying to make up for it by showing Spiderman 3 and HP. i'll be thinking of you when I'm watching the movie at Imax and you are having your personal space invaded. :lol

That would be extremely expensive. Plus you can't portray all of writing in film. And that leaves no room for improvement over the books.

This might be the first Harry Potter film I go to the theaters for.

The Mike said:
If I had my way I would had the directors film every little piece, every little page and then edited that to the film released time but then put out the entire thing in a Director's Cut DVD.....but that is just me...
That would be so awesome. If they did what Peter Jackson did with his extended LOTR DVDs they would be a huge success. People would buy the regular version when it came out and then many would also buy the extended..so double money for the studios.

You couldn't get the huge budget needed with a mini-series - I really like the spectacle that this film seems to deliver. And GoF and PoA condensed a lot but were still great films and even made changes that improved the story.

I've faith they'll make a good job of condescending the book down into a movie, based on what they did with GOF.

They dropped alot of the unnecessary stuff and just focused on the main plot of JK's fourth book and I thought it worked well.

Extended edition DVD's like LOTR would be great, but in the abscene of those I think the best way is to focus on the main mechanics of the plot and leave out some of the repetative and unnecessary bits that occur in some of the books.

Really looking forward to this film though and it looks like this is gonna be the best summer for movies in a couple of years.

I was afraid they'd drop the DA subplot, or the romance angle, but the DA appears to be a focus of the film and the romance is still there. I kind of hoped they'd drop Grawp, but he's in there too from what I've read.

Darklord Dave said:
I was afraid they'd drop the DA subplot, or the romance angle, but the DA appears to be a focus of the film and the romance is still there. I kind of hoped they'd drop Grawp, but he's in there too from what I've read.

Jeez, what's NOT in there. I would think they would drop all of that as well. Well Gwarp needs to be in there for probably the 7th book. What I'm nervous about is that there are certain seeds, or small sub-plots in each book that comes to fruition in later books. If one piece is left out, then probably the other piece will be missing in the later movies. I wonder what is going to be left out and what is going to be left in. I can't wait to see it.

Darklord Dave said:

You can see his legs in the new trailer.

I believe St Mungos is out, which means no subplot with Nevilles parents, I've heard rumors that the DA vs DE in the Ministry has been changed ALOT. And Dave, if you were referring to my comment when you said about mini series and budget, notice i said animation? :D I firmly believe animation is a stronger medium when it comes to works like this.

Memnoch21 said:
I believe St Mungos is out, which means no subplot with Nevilles parents, I've heard rumors that the DA vs DE in the Ministry has been changed ALOT. And Dave, if you were referring to my comment when you said about mini series and budget, notice i said animation? :D I firmly believe animation is a stronger medium when it comes to works like this.

But I heard the cast was spotted on the Underground (which speculators believe was for the St. Mungo's scene). Whether it is in or out, this film has to be pushing 3 hours, if not over.

Now see Im not sure, as I know the kids are taken to Dumbledores office to learn of Mr Weasleys attack (we've seen the pictures) but I could have SWORN they said that Nevilles parents were out. I just assumed they cut out St Mungos too. If they didnt cut St Mungos but cut Nevilles parents theres a quicks scene discarded that will be important later. Im almost SURE that Neville goes after Bellatrix in Hallows.

Well I know J.K. does tell the filmmakers to keep in certain things. Kreacher wasn't going to be in OotP I heard, but Rowling said put him in because he will be important in DH. So I imagine anything else important will be left in. I know I heard that the Director of Azkaban (alternate title :lol ) put in things randomly that foreshadowed/hinted to things to come without knowing it until JK told him.

Back