New Nightmare Freddy or Classic Freddy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddysnightmares

Super Freak
Reaction score
i am a huge huge fan of freddy krueger and so i was wonder what you guys think, do you like wes craven's nightmare freddy better than classic or the other way around? i like classic you can neveer beat the classic look but the new nightmare look was actually pretty cool!!!! i would have made a cool remake look!!!!! so tell me what you think thanks!!!!!!!:D

I love New Nightmare Freddy. But if you don't have a classic version of Freddy (preferably Dream Warriors version), you shouldn't even be considering a New Nightmare version.

New Nightmare version is far superior. One of SS's best sculpts and you get the screaming abs.

No love for FvJ Freddy?

Although I do dig that look for Freddy in New Nightmare...

But then again, classic Freddy is more iconic...

I'd like to see some more Freddy figures from Sideshow, something more quintessential, Freddy's Dead-ish.
Figure wise, the New Nightmare version is the best so far. I have him and the Robert Englund-pre fire Freddy. The original is good, cause it looks the way Freddy looked in the film, but I like the iconic look that he had later on.

I would say New Nightmare just because he looked scarier. If we're going on scariest out of all I would say demon Freddy from FvJ

I loved the trench coat look of New Nightmare but I still prefer classic Freddy. A burnt disfigured pedophile with a dirty brown hat and Christmas sweater is one creepy guy.

I had to choose recently and I went with New nightmare but I'm still regretting that I think.
Its a hard decision.

Good thing this thread was started,as i am looking for 1 of them,both are cheap and wont mind buying both,but i really dont need 2,not much of a horror fan,i just want a Freddy.

I was the same, didn't know which one to get. Went with the new nightmare in the end. He came today. I think he looks superb :D

FreddyNewNightmare001-1.jpg

FreddyNewNightmare014-1.jpg

FreddyNewNightmare033-1.jpg

FreddyNewNightmare035-1.jpg

Gotta go classic... but if you aren't as happy with the look of the original you could always pick up the SDCC version with the screaming souls chest.

although I like the classic expression better, the screaming souls chest and other accessories are badass.

Back