New Myers mask!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in college slapping together a Halloween costume for cheap, and I had no idea about the underground Shatner mask makers, all I knew of was what was in stores and at the time that was the best one on the market, so I did go for the best that I knew of.

If it's any consolation, let's just say a night of over drinking resulted in the end of that mask :lol

:lol

Ol' Blue Lips!! What a terrible mask that was. I'm glad there was destruction at the end of the night of drinking.

I didn't know about the indie Myers masks really until a little over a year ago. I knew about the Warlock, but I had no idea about anything else.

I got Ol' Blue Lips back in 2003, that mask and a crap quality, $50 jumpsuit from a costume shop. Really makes me shake my head that for only $25, I got an actual, real life jumpsuit this summer that fits better and looks authentic

I knew nothing until I came to SSF and got to know DarkArtist81, Halloween and Michael Myers are how Josh and I became friends and he's been very helpful in my assembly of a costume.

After seeing the pics, I'm really thinking of looking into a knife replica too.

How do they fit?

I would have a difficult time investing that much cash before I knew it was comfortable or too small or big on my head.

I got Ol' Blue Lips back in 2003, that mask and a crap quality, $50 jumpsuit from a costume shop. Really makes me shake my head that for only $25, I got an actual, real life jumpsuit this summer that fits better and looks authentic

I knew nothing until I came to SSF and got to know DarkArtist81, Halloween and Michael Myers are how Josh and I became friends and he's been very helpful in my assembly of a costume.

After seeing the pics, I'm really thinking of looking into a knife replica too.

DA definitely has a couple of nice masks, can't wait to see what he does with his H78 blanks.

I'll be getting a knife replica from JC at some point, just not sure when. They are beautifully done.

Indie Myers masks.

Depends on which one, they seem to come in varying sizes, when looking at getting one, best to see what size head it could fit and see if it'd work for you.

It never occurred to me that there could be various sizes and I got very lucky the one I've got so far fits like a glove. I took it out of the box and got nervous, it'd still be a nice display piece, but I also want at least one in my collection to act as a wearable, and in fact, I think I'll buy one for collecting reasons and keep the one I have for wearing. The hair isn't the best for replicating the film look so I'll invest in one that looks close to the movie all around for collecting and if this one gets messed up for some reason, it isn't a total loss.

Wow...that NECA mask is pure crap. As someone mentioned how are people going to let that crap go by, but get mad at independent mask makers for making good quality pieces for people who know there horror. That NECA mask is pretty much aimed at your run of the mill "I need a halloween costume, in a quick minute" and for others who just dont know any better. The casuals I guess you could say who arent willing to spend the money on a quality piece, but still want something from a character they may like. Really sad though.

If you think of it though, there's never been high quality Halloween products on the market, Sideshow was a high end company but their figure isn't even remotely right. Of the official stuff, McFarlane and NECA have been the best, but that's still low end. Halloween is probably the biggest horror franchise not to get high end merchandising, and I don't understand why. An accurrate Myers PF from Sideshow would be awesome, or official, and without question accurrate Shatner mask replcias could fetch good money. There's money to be made off the franchise, I don't get why they're so wrapped up making money of so-so films when they could make better money off quality items based on the good films.

I think, and I may be wrong, that it has something to do with the Shatner mask. I am pretty sure that Shatner sued the Halloween producers at some point to get a cut of the action because of the basis of the Myers mask. Because of this, I don't think they can use the accurate H1 likeness for any props, masks or statues. Again, I could be wrong...

Yepper, you are probably right. It just makes no sense to me that nobody can do the mask justice. I'll agree, NECA did it pretty well with their Myers/Loomis diorama.

Of the official stuff, McFarlane and NECA have been the best, but that's still low end. Halloween is probably the biggest horror franchise not to get high end merchandising, and I don't understand why. An accurrate Myers PF from Sideshow would be awesome, or official, and without question accurrate Shatner mask replcias could fetch good money. There's money to be made off the franchise, I don't get why they're so wrapped up making money of so-so films when they could make better money off quality items based on the good films.

Aside from the shatner mask and getting the ok to do it...I agree, thats a goldmine. I mean Im a huge Jason Voorhees fan, but id spend some money on a good likeness of some good Halloween stuff.

Yepper, you are probably right. It just makes no sense to me that nobody can do the mask justice. I'll agree, NECA did it pretty well with their Myers/Loomis diorama.

I'm not a sculptor, but I can say, readily availabile reference material doesn't exist in great abundance and who knows what makers get. I've tried to collect as many images from H1 as I can and most are either really small, or so shadowed you can't see enough to go off of for a sculpt. It really impresses me what the mask makers achieve and really appreciate the ones that really capture it right.

There are actually more reference photos than you think, but you have to know where to look. I am amazed a lot over at the M-M.net boards by the sheer number of behind the scenes pics that pop up.

There are actually more reference photos than you think, but you have to know where to look. I am amazed a lot over at the M-M.net boards by the sheer number of behind the scenes pics that pop up.

:lecture :lecture :lecture DA must've had some excellent sources for his legendary custom and SS must also have had a good enough point of reference to turn out his awesome custom too.

I'm really not sure how big the Nemesis is. Your best bet would be to email Joe and Dusty at Crypt Co. and ask them directly. They are trying to get out of the Cemetery Gate Productions shadow (the closing was VERY ugly to say the least) so they have been very good with communication.

Thanks, Blake. I'll look into that. I'm still debating if I even want/need another Myers mask. I have 2 Don Posts, 2 Cinema Secrets and 2 indies -- and each one looks different.

Back