New Myers mask!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect them because each has a unique look, different finishes, different hair, etc. They all pull off a slightly different look and I enjoy the variety. I only like H1/H2 masks because I am not a really big fan of any of the other Halloween masks.

Saying which replica mask is best is very subjective, there are a lot of different opinions. One of the best right now is called the KH/DW, where the artist Ken Hartlein (sp) actually had the original hero mask from D!ck Warlock as a reference during his sculpt. There were 30 in the original run, which now go for a lot of cash on the secondary market (probably at least $1500.) He also was recently commissioned to build a new sculpt to create a limited run of five masks, and those actually look just as good if not better.

There is a mask currently in production that may rival the KH/DW called the Hoffman/Medley mask. Artist Bryan Hoffman was given an original 1975 Kirk mask to clay press, so the face will pretty much be dead on. He is working on shaping the rest of the head right now.

If I were to pick a favorite individual artist, I would have to pick Nikolas from Nikolas Art Gallery in Greece. He is a fantastic sculpter and is the person whose work I have the most in my collection. He is also working on finishing a perfect looking 1975 Kirk replica mask. His work is extremely accurate and affordable, with pieces in production such as the retool Nightmare and H78.

I was looking at getting a NAG mask. He's got a new one listed as coming soon on his site that looks fantastic.

coming_soon_1.jpg

I'm thinking of getting this one, or if it's no longer available, looking into the new one

Screen Used Replica

screenused_replica.jpg

At some point I'm going to order a second jumpsuit, hack it up, get a manequin head and build a makeshift bust around it, it won't be like true 1:1 bust quality but it'll look like a lifesize bust and be a nice display item.

I'm looking forward to getting some photos done in costume, but waiting for October when I can be outside in it and not attract too much attention :lol

His website is actually a bit out of date.

That first pic is actually a sculpted wall mount, you can tell if you look at the hair.

I'm not really sure if he is still making the screenused, but if he is, it's definitely not his best. Check out the Nightmare that he sculpted from the pics in this thread:

https://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52110&start=30

That was sent to the buyer as a blank and finished up my a member named AllHallowsGhost on the M-M.net boards. That mask is pretty darn amazing.

:lol, yes, probably best to wait a month for the pics so the neighbors don't get too freaked...

Oh, ok, yeah that other mask looks great, Screen Used was the best looking on his site.

That's the confusing thing, there are a lot of ones out there, some look better than others. The only other one that really caught my eye was FEAR but that one fetches good money and is out of production.

Fear is still being made under the name "10/31" by Crypt Co. Studios, as is the Warlock. Terry Lambert from Cemetery Gate went out of business and sold all his molds to Crypt Co., who are currently producing his old catalog.

https://www.cryptcostudios.com/

Fear is a nice mask, but I still prefer something like a NAG H78 or a Nightowl Psycho instead. If you are looking to buy, one of the best things to do is to hit up the M-M.net classifieds. With the econo9my in the tank, you can get some very nice deals.

The killing machine is nice, and yes, that Fear is fantastic. It really is all about the finish work and the lighting. I think DA has a very nice Fear as well.

Yep, that's how I started it all, one mask...then it turned ugly...:lol

I'm really not sure how big the Nemesis is. Your best bet would be to email Joe and Dusty at Crypt Co. and ask them directly. They are trying to get out of the Cemetery Gate Productions shadow (the closing was VERY ugly to say the least) so they have been very good with communication.

I used to own a Nag "Screen Used" I got off a MM.net member that I sold a while ago. Not the most accurate, but a great mask nonetheless. I don't belive Nik is still making the H1 SU mask any longer but he may still be making a H2 ver.

The Nemesis masks are pretty small to my understanding. I was actually gonna get an original one from Terry at CGT a few years back when he first made them but he's said they don't fit larger heads. My head is 25" around.

A CGP Killing Machine was actually my first Myers mask. Very nice especially for the price.

Anyone see the NEW NECA Michael Myers mask Spirit is pawning off to an unsuspecting public?!

It's crap-tastic!!

Congrats Blake :rock maybe you sould do something about the hair tho. lol

No way dude!!:lol

The mask was created with the same paint/hair scheme as the KH/DW, and the brownish/red hair is intentional for the H2 look.

Mr. ?, yes, I just saw the mask last Monday and cried a little. Trancas has really cracked down lately on the independant mask makers, then they authorize crap like this. Is there any wonder why we go to the indies for the good masks when this is the crap they try to feed the public?

I just saw the mask last Monday and cried a little.

Yeah, well I threw up a little. Especially since I had bought one online, another victim of the ol' bait and switch. It is being returned and my wife got me the superior 2008 version.

Back