Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, didn't the good guy busts have the elven script written on the base?

Both good and bad characters featured Elvish script on the pedestal section of the bases, with the colour [cream or black] of the base being the only way to distinguish between good guy and bad. I liked the idea of different coloured bases about as much as the generic bases themselves :ohbfrank:.....I just don't see SS doing anything like this with the maquettes.

Thanks for the points. I'm from manila and having these babies brought all the way here means more costs. Was thinking of actually getting just gtg Gregor and gollum pf and that's all.

I'm starting to read the books just now though and having the characters represented in their "essence" is something that makes me think that the maquettes would be timeless pieces and a wonderful representation of not the movie but the books. Thus weell worth it. Gaaah

Oh and the maquettes go well with my small Bowen collection hehe assuming they would be more or less in the same scale

Thanks for the points. I'm from manila and having these babies brought all the way here means more costs. Was thinking of actually getting just gtg Gregor and gollum pf and that's all.

I'm starting to read the books just now though and having the characters represented in their "essence" is something that makes me think that the maquettes would be timeless pieces and a wonderful representation of not the movie but the books. Thus weell worth it. Gaaah

They certainly have a timeless feel to them, and they are meant to capture each characters essence, but they are 1st and foremost representative of the movies, not the book.

They certainly have a timeless feel to them, and they are meant to capture each characters essence, but they are 1st and foremost representative of the movies, not the book.

i always thought that this line veers away from the movie..thanks for that note....

still stumped by this line though....if only hot toys would produce LOTR ....hmm..

I think he's saying he can't decide if he's going to collect it.

Thanks, that makes sense. Well he's the only one who can make that decision, but I would suggest he make it sooner as opposed to later...if nothing else, for the sake of his wallet. :lecture

The statue look just "works" perfect for LOTR.

I'd much rather collect this line over a potential new 12" line.

I love 1:6th stuff. Didnt use to but I love them as much as statues.

I guess it's just an acquired taste, one which I've never developed. But as long as you enjoy them, that's all that matters! :duff

Last edited:
I guess it's just an aquired taste, one which I've never developed. But as long as you enjoy them, that's all that matters! :duff

Indeed! Its just another awesome form of collecting that for me personally adds to my enjoyment of collecting.

I'd collect just about anything before collecting 12" figures.....

I went through a phase when I collected some 12" stuff. It never "did it for me" and I sold off the few pieces I had.

I prefer statues, and that's why I am going for this line.

This line is pulling me away from 12" figure lines so after a couple of pieces maybe I'll be in the statue camp but as of right now I'm more in the middle.

I have a crazy far off hope that the excluisve for Merry and Pippin if they ever do get to them will be 1/6 heads so we can use them to complete the 12" fellowship. I know it won't happen but I can dream.

Hey Josh - I hope you're hunkered down and ready for this blizzard! Nothing down in my neck of the woods but wind and rain but I'll be hoping you guys up yonder keep safe:pray:. (Keep warm by thinking about the MQ line!:))

Back