Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Josh - I hope you're hunkered down and ready for this blizzard! Nothing down in my neck of the woods but wind and rain but I'll be hoping you guys up yonder keep safe:pray:. (Keep warm by thinking about the MQ line!:))

I'm trying. Its colder than crap and we're buried in snow. I saw that SE of the storm was getting wind and rain. Thank you! Thinking of collectibles does hel. :hi5:

df3ce739.jpg

cd7fafce.jpg

Bummer. Doesn't look like a whole lot of fun. I am up in Minnesota, and we had a heck of a storm a month ago or so. I believe we had 19 inches in one storm. It was awful. I had to literally shovel a block and a half of snow to get my car into the driveway coming home from work (with the help of 5 wonderful neighbors).

Instead of investing in this maquette line, I should have invested in a snowblower! Nah, a few hours of intense hard labor are worth these awesome pieces!!

That would suck. Its not the snow thats such a pain but its colder than you know what. Makes the snow worse than it should be.

I'm trying. Its colder than crap and we're buried in snow. I saw that SE of the storm was getting wind and rain. Thank you! Thinking of collectibles does hel. :hi5:

cd7fafce.jpg

Looks like July up here in Canada.... :lol OK not really, but we have had more than our share of snow this winter. We need some more maquette previews from SS to help ease us through the long winter months. :lecture

Looks like July up here in Canada.... :lol OK not really, but we have had more than our share of snow this winter. We need some more maquette previews from SS to help ease us through the long winter months. :lecture

Oh I'm sure. :lol This state is winterish enough for me. I can live with that. :rock

Yeah, its been fun. Street crews have done a great job moving snow around so thinks look liveable again. :lol Oh we made a store run the other day before it all hit.

That would suck. Its not the snow thats such a pain but its colder than you know what. Makes the snow worse than it should be.

Ah, so like an English winter then! ;)

I'm hoping we had all of our snow in December. This time last year was horrendous, just like your photo, but there seems to be a hint of spring in the air at the moment....... just to make you feel better! :lol

I don't know about English winters but they ain't pretty in the MW.

I just dream of spring then read LOTR. :)

SS has alluded to this previously, but this is the 1st actual confirmation concerning Hobbit maquettes.

Monday, February 14th, 2011

Question : LOTR fans have begun a campaign in an attempt to convince Sideshow we want a complete Fellowship in Premium Format and that includes ALL REMAINING HOBBITS! What kind of response have you received? -AND- Is it enough for SS to finally relent and give us a complete Fellowship in PF?

Answer : Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

I'll be curious to see if they do go with the two on one base or separately. Either way I'm happy as can be that we'll be getting them for sure and that the Fellowship will be completed.

I seem to remember them saying in a previous Q&A that they intend to double up the hobbits in the 1/6 statue line (e.g.: Merry & Pippen together and Frodo & Sam together).

But because of the high cost of engineering and tailoring the complicated outfits, regardless of character size ... they wouldn't consider doubling up the hobbits in the PF line. Because it just lead to a PF that's twice the price.

But I could be mis-remembering that.

:wave

I'll be curious to see if they do go with the two on one base or separately. Either way I'm happy as can be that we'll be getting them for sure and that the Fellowship will be completed.

Unless SS changes their plans it definitely looks like they'll be paired together....which is fine with me. :)

Monday, February 7th, 2011

Question : Concerning a future Samwise Gamgee maquette – would Sideshow consider a composition based on his encounter with Shelob with the phial of Galadriel in one hand and Sting in the other? Also, since the dio. line has been incorporated into the new maquette line could a Sam vs Shelob maquette be a possibility?

Answer : Current plans pair the hobbits as Frodo with Sam and Merry with Pippin. A Sam VS Shelob is possible, but not part of our current planning.

Thats fine by me as well. Just stoked that we will be getting all the members of the Fellowship as we get many of the AMAZING characters in this story. :rock

SS has alluded to this previously, but this is the 1st actual confirmation concerning Hobbit maquettes.

Answer : Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

Yes, it's good to get actual confirmation on the maquettes...but even better to get some light at the end of the tunnel regarding the Hobbits in PF too.:yess:

Bill

I seem to remember them saying in a previous Q&A that they intend to double up the hobbits in the 1/6 statue line (e.g.: Merry & Pippen together and Frodo & Sam together).

But because of the high cost of engineering and tailoring the complicated outfits, regardless of character size ... they wouldn't consider doubling up the hobbits in the PF line. Because it just lead to a PF that's twice the price.

But I could be mis-remembering that.

:wave

No, you pretty much nailed it.

Monday, January 10th, 2011

Question :The Gollum Premium Format is, in a strange way, “two for the price of one,” and I was wondering if you might be considering offering other smaller characters, such as hobbits, with multiple characters on a single base. This would be a great way to tackle Merry and Pippin! (and maybe even Sam and Frodo?)

Answer : Gollum is rather unique, since the character itself is two-in-one. Merry and Pippin, and Sam and Frodo, require a fair bit more consideration in the execution of their costuming and dressing. IF a two-fer offering could be designed well, and executed well, sure, why not! And multiple characters on a single base? Indeed, outside of PF format, it’s almost as though you’re reading our minds! But two PF’s on one base would not significantly reduce the costs associated with producing the figures, so would make for a rather expensive set.

Well someone on the exclusive waitlist is gonna be happy cause I just cancelled my orders for Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas. :cuckoo: Make no mistake, it's not because I don't think these are going to be awesome. I have nothing but the utmost faith in Sideshow that they're gonna knock these out of the park. I got caught up in the hype and ordered them but in reality, I'm a 1/4 scale PF type collector now and I know I just won't give them the same attention I give my PF's. The plan was to keep the original Weta pseudo 1/6th Fellowship but I find myself just walking by them and not giving them much of a thought on my way to admire the PF's. If I do end up keeping the Weta statues, it'll be more for nostalgic reasons than an actual admiration of the product.

Well someone on the exclusive waitlist is gonna be happy cause I just cancelled my orders for Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas. :cuckoo: Make no mistake, it's not because I don't think these are going to be awesome. I have nothing but the utmost faith in Sideshow that they're gonna knock these out of the park. I got caught up in the hype and ordered them but in reality, I'm a 1/4 scale PF type collector now and I know I just won't give them the same attention I give my PF's. The plan was to keep the original Weta pseudo 1/6th Fellowship but I find myself just walking by them and not giving them much of a thought on my way to admire the PF's. If I do end up keeping the Weta statues, it'll be more for nostalgic reasons than an actual admiration of the product.

You're a better man than I am. Not only could I not walk away from the maquette line due to it's awesomeness so far, but the idea of settling for two LOTR pre-orders a year is something I would not relish. No doubt you'll make some collectors very happy, but at least you can now rest easy knowing your beloved Hobbit PF's are on the way. :wink1:

Last edited:
Back