Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for a Denathor maquette in this line. Has anyone any preference for how he should be presented. Here are my ideas, the 1st two are obvious choices.
1. On his throne with Boromir's cloven horn
2. On the pyre with a flaming torch
3. with a palantir in a battle wills with Sauron. (this happened in the book & was kind of hinted at in the film) This is my favourite option

I'm hoping for a Denathor maquette in this line. Has anyone any preference for how he should be presented. Here are my ideas, the 1st two are obvious choices.
1. On his throne with Boromir's cloven horn
2. On the pyre with a flaming torch
3. with a palantir in a battle wills with Sauron. (this happened in the book & was kind of hinted at in the film) This is my favourite option

SS has said we will see Denethor somewhere down the road......I'm hoping for Option #1 myself. :pray:

SS has said we will see Denethor somewhere down the road......I'm hoping for Option #1 myself. :pray:

#1 would be the most perfect option.

Something like this guys?...only much better.

DenethorOnThronecopy.gif
Eaglemoss figure.

Not bad for such a small size. :clap
I know you are not over fond of the Eaglemoss stuff Collin :(...but they did product quite a range. :yess:

:duff
Bill

Something like this guys?...only much better.

DenethorOnThronecopy.gif
Eaglemoss figure.

Not bad for such a small size. :clap
I know you are not over fond of the Eaglemoss stuff Collin :(...but they did product quite a range.
:yess:

Bill

Yes Bill something like that. :) True, the size of the Eaglmoss pieces doesn't thrill me, but there's no doubt about it, they did a great job when it came to character poses. :lecture

Yup, something exactly like that. :rock Thats been what I've wanted to see since the SSW line.

really hoping we get another announcement soon. I love the Aragorn piece (just need a replacement for mine).

Maybe Gimli this week in the newsletter would be perfect timing with the excitement around the line with Aragorn just shipping now..

Great news :yess:, have been looking forward to this one for what seems like an age now. :wink1:

He looks great so far :clap, and if he is up to the standard set by the Aragorn maquette, I'll be happy. :yess:

I'm in!

Bill

Great news :yess:, have been looking forward to this one for what seems like an age now. :wink1:

He looks great so far :clap, and if he is up to the standard set by the Aragorn maquette, I'll be happy. :yess:

I'm in!

Bill

If you're happy with the Aragorn likeness, then you'll definitely be happy with gimli because IMO, it is easier to capture a characters likeness if they are ugly/funky looking.

If you're happy with the Aragorn likeness, then you'll definitely be happy with gimli because IMO, it is easier to capture a characters likeness if they are ugly/funky looking.

:rotfl Very true willocrew,very true.

I would use another word for 'funky' though :lol...but it's not for the eyes of the nice company that frequent this site :lol

Bill

Ha! I would say rather it's easy to sculpt a face that is mainly beard and prosthetics, but we'll go with your way too! :rotfl

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYA2YdVJ_U"]LOTR Maquettes[/ame]

Figured I'd bump this thread. I have some video in here of the LOTR maquettes.

LOTR Maquettes

Figured I'd bump this thread. I have some video in here of the LOTR maquettes.

Very nice Josh. Hard to believe it was 17 month's ago that SS announced this line....it must have been awesome seeing the fruits of SS's labour all displayed together for the first time. And yeah, the Snow Troll looks ridiculous...in a very good way. :wink1:

Yeah, I very much enjoyed looking at them as a group everyday. It was basically the first thing I went to every morning at their booth just to look at all of them together. Just really cool and was nice to see so many awesome LOTR items all together. That he is! Getting a chance to really look at him before everyone came in each day there's a lot of detail in this piece.

Does anyone think that we will see a Gollum and Galadriel in this new maquette line? What about Saruman? I am thinking of getting into this line and getting Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas. Also, the new Ringwraith maquette when he is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back