Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say pretty high. Assuming the hype of the movie helps bring in enough fans who I would call bandwagon fans. So if the sales are good enough as with this line things will keep coming. :lecture

Would have to acquire the licence first.:)

If it's all about the $$$$, then SS have a very good chance of getting (if they haven't already) the 1/6 'maquette' license for the Hobbit as they will already have a well established, and by the look of it, very popular line.

I wonder, if they do get it, if they will make a distinction between the bases for the 2 different stories (LOTR / Hobbit), similar to what WETA did with the first 2 Narnia films? :peace

Obviously you know more than I do. If Weta makes some 1:6th statues for The Hobbit I will be down for getting some. I love Weta as much as the next person so its all good.

In those famous words of the worlds best waiter "I know nothing".

Seriously Josh your guess is as good as mine but we will be covered one way or another(Weta or SS) so its all good.:yess:

Thats how I feel as well. We're covered by either with what should be great reps from this tale and that will be a good thing.

If SS does make a maquette line for The Hobbit -and I hope they do- I hope they will mostly stick to characters that only appear in The Hobbit and not in LOTR.

I would definitely want Bilbo in a Hobbit line but I wouldn't see the point in doing GTG since he's already in the LOTR line and isn't likely to appear any differently.

As much as that would make sense, I doubt that no one would jump on the opportunity to sell GTG stuff again.

Think about it: GTG in his horse and cart; GTG with the 13 dwarves, GTG with a younger Bilbo, GTG on an eagle, etc.

Here's to hoping we get another chance at seeing the marketing of GTG's staff. Noble's version is just waaay out of reach.

really thinking if i should concentrate on PF since i just got GTG or I should continue with this....its just that the price of the LOTR maquettes are almost the same range as the PF ...

and dont tell me to get them all hahaha

Alot of us are sharing your thoughts if space isn't an issue I'd say go PF more bang for your buck IMO ;)

really thinking if i should concentrate on PF since i just got GTG or I should continue with this....its just that the price of the LOTR maquettes are almost the same range as the PF ...

Depends on what you want out of your collection honestly. Though, I will say I find the maquettes as impressive as the PF's a lot of the times.

Some things to consider:

Is Gandalf your first LOTR PF or do you have a lot of them? It would certainly be easier for you to collect a line that's just starting than it would be to try and hunt down all of the PFs you missed, and Lurtz is going to cost you.

Also, the maquette line is going to have more characters made. In four years we've seen 11 PFs (or 12 if you count Mordor Orc) revealed. We've already seen seen 5 sculpts revealed for the maquette line in less than a year. So would you rather have a smaller collection of larger statues or a larger collection of smaller statues?

Some things to consider:

Is Gandalf your first LOTR PF or do you have a lot of them? It would certainly be easier for you to collect a line that's just starting than it would be to try and hunt down all of the PFs you missed, and Lurtz is going to cost you.

Also, the maquette line is going to have more characters made. In four years we've seen 11 PFs (or 12 if you count Mordor Orc) revealed. We've already seen seen 5 sculpts revealed for the maquette line in less than a year. So would you rather have a smaller collection of larger statues or a larger collection of smaller statues?

Good points, though the PF line has been around for 5 years [as of Dec. 30th, 2010] not 4....making your case even stronger.

We must have a release during Spooktacular for a particularly gruesome orc or otherwise. Preferably in stock. I will settle for nothing less!

I wonder if the bad guys will have different style bases, like they did with the LSB's...

Are you referring to the use of black bases for the bad guys and cream-colured bases for the good guys on those generic bases?

Back