Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made up a list of potential characters for this line; I stopped at #58! There's definitely no reason to do the same, oft-repeated figures.

I absolutely agree there's a ton of character that were ignored the 1st time around that should be, and I'm sure will be done. That being said, I don't have the slightest problem with SS re-creating characters done previously by SSW either. Characters such as Aragorn, Arwen, and Legolas didn't turn out so hot the 1st time around and if SS can improve on some of these I'm all for it. I also love the idea of SS doing previously done characters in different outfits such as Boromir at Osgiliath. Something more than likely we will never see in any other format.

I also love the idea of SS doing previously done characters in different outfits such as Boromir at Osgiliath. Something more than likely we will never see in any other format.

Agreed. I'd personally love a "Prologue collection" Featuring Elendil, Isildur, Numenorean, High Elven Infantry, Armored Elrond and Gil-Galad. Only ONE of which was represented in the Weta 1/6th line.

That is a very good idea!

I knew you'd be pleased...lol

elendilstatuedesign.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I am looking forward to this line. I hope they do new versions of characters that have been done as well as do characters that weren't done.

Once, I get my DX Batman. I won't have anything on pre-order, (except the Gandalf the Grey p.f. , which I may now cancel and wait for the maquette). So, I am kinda planning on jumping into this line with both feet.

Agreed. I'd personally love a "Prologue collection" Featuring Elendil, Isildur, Numenorean, High Elven Infantry, Armored Elrond and Gil-Galad. Only ONE of which was represented in the Weta 1/6th line.

That is a collection I think that would go over extremely well. :monkey5

I would snatch up every single one of those! I was looking over a folder of pics I have of the Eaglemoss figures. They made all of the Prologue characters and, despite the small size, did a great job.

Here are some samples of their work:

View attachment 22914 - High Elven Warrior

View attachment 22915 - Gil-Galad

View attachment 22916 - Numenorian Soldier

View attachment 22917 - Elendil

View attachment 22918 - Isildur

Imagine some of these at 1:6, with better detail. :rolleyes: :D

Love em or hate em, Eaglemoss miniatures have some fine little examples for scaled up pieces!

This new line from SS sounds like it will be a long running project and could include so many groups and sub groups of characters including beasts and riders, Corsairs, Haradrim's and a selection of armoured Uruk's!

Gandalf exuding power would look good with a few 1/6 scale RW's as he actually fought with them at Amon Sul in the book, and if this line is not to be movie specific then I look forward to seeing a GTG using his magical/ mystical powers and not just Glamdring.

Speak for yourself, and don't say "we". I totally disagree, I like partial background environments such as the wall. I hope more of these have such "concrete".

When I say "we" it refers to the people who don't want the concrete OBVIOUSLY! :duh :rolleyes:

Besides jlprjlpr, that WAS a joke! Hence the little :lol at the end of my original quote! :peace

You obviously don't know me that well on here do you, I like the odd joke now and then :naughty

Last edited:
You know the more I read back through this thread and others in the past and see how everyone is reacting to the new line announcement a phrase comes to mind, DO WHAT YOU LIKE AND LIKE WHAT YOU DO! I find these statues quite addictive (although that's probably not a great word to describe it) so even when I think thats enough now I don't need any more versions of this or that character etc, another freakin one comes along to trump the last one or is a brand new collectible line and it starts again!!:lol
So I guess the bottom line is ENJOY IT!!:D Resistance is futile!! :lol

I'd love to see some people's thoughts on some of the secondary and tertiary characters that they would like to see! I am more focused on the Fellowship and heavy hitters with my collecting, but if someone can come up with almost 60 characters before they stop counting, it could be fun to compare ntoes and make a "wish list"

I've posted more in the last two days than the last year with this news!!

i am definitely interested in this line. i'd like to see the fellowship, of course, and the 'main' baddies with some orcs. prologue stuff would be very cool.

To be honest i'm more interested in goodies than baddies, and in general i'm personally more interested in 'named' characters, but that's just me. So if it's an expansive line, my wish list would go something like this:

Hobbits:
Frodo
Sam
Pippin
Merry
Bilbo
Gollum

Istari:
Gandalf the Grey
Saruman

Elves:
Arwen
Galadriel
Legolas
Elrond

Men:
Aragorn
Boromir
Theoden
Eowyn
Faramir
Wormtongue
Eomer
Denethor

Dwarves:
Gimli

Have I missed anyone? :D

To be honest i'm more interested in goodies than baddies, and in general i'm personally more interested in 'named' characters, but that's just me. So if it's an expansive line, my wish list would go something like this:

Hobbits:
Frodo
Sam
Pippin
Merry
Bilbo
Gollum

Istari:
Gandalf the Grey
Saruman

Elves:
Arwen
Galadriel
Legolas
Elrond

Men:
Aragorn
Boromir
Theoden
Eowyn
Faramir
Wormtongue
Eomer
Denethor

Dwarves:
Gimli

Have I missed anyone? :D

Speaking to specific characters Haldir immediately comes to mind. As well as those previously mentioned by figurefan. I'd also like to see some generic additons such as a Gondorian Fountain Guard and Soldier, and a Rohirrim rider. :D

When I say "we" it refers to the people who don't want the concrete OBVIOUSLY! :duh :rolleyes:

Besides jlprjlpr, that WAS a joke! Hence the little :lol at the end of my original quote!

You obviously don't know me that well on here do you, I like the odd joke now and then :naughty

You were kidding when you said that.......:naughty :lol

You know the more I read back through this thread and others in the past and see how everyone is reacting to the new line announcement a phrase comes to mind, DO WHAT YOU LIKE AND LIKE WHAT YOU DO! I find these statues quite addictive (although that's probably not a great word to describe it) so even when I think thats enough now I don't need any more versions of this or that character etc, another freakin one comes along to trump the last one or is a brand new collectible line and it starts again!!:lol
So I guess the bottom line is ENJOY IT!!:D Resistance is futile!! :lol

I see I'm not the only one who has rare moments around here.....:lol

Speaking to specific characters Haldir immediately comes to mind. As well as those previously mentioned by figurefan. I'd also like to see some generic additons such as a Gondorian Fountain Guard and Soldier, and a Rohirrim rider. :D

Ok fair enough on Haldir. I wouldn't buy him, but it's a fair shout.

And I agree that generic characters are a good idea, it's just i'm not that interested in them.

I would do anything for a fountain guard. I know the chance of seeing one in the PF line is slim to none but this line seems perfect for him. I love the custom one someone did on the S&F but that one isn't as easily attainable but I would absolutely love a fountain guard. :love

Given that I have all of the SSW pieces except the Watcher in the Water, I'm personally disappointed by this news. Means Weta won't be doing 1/6 for years to come. And I really would have liked to get my 1/6 from them. Aggghhh...

Yes, I have also been disappointed by likenesses with a number of the 1/6 Weta pieces but Sideshow hasn't exactly knocked me senseless with the likenesses of their 1/4 PFs either! And you'd think 1/4 would be easier.

If Sideshow comes up with pieces that Weta didn't represent in the original line, like Denethor, then I'll most likely get those. If done 'right'.

Otherwise, I have my SSW Strider, 12" Strider, PF Strider. Don't need another one, that's for sure.

Expansive line? I doubt it. It's called marketing, people! They want to assure you this line will be long-lived but no one can know that. If they sell well, they will go on. If they don't...

And what's the definition of expansive, anyway? 30, 50, 100? Weta came up with 52 statues in the end. Over 3.5 years or so?

On top of everything, I'll stick with the Eaglemoss collection, 160 figures at most recent count and everything is in there that has been done at SSW and SS. Including Gondorian Armored Boromir. :) And I can display 20 figures in the space two 1/6 take up. :D

Beren

Back