New license to be announced: maybe Firefly?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LordAzrael said:
Majestic has both the current and classic incarnations of BSG. So it wouldn't be that.

Still holding out hope that the New Year announcement is Firefly but given all the hoopla surrounding Warcraft and its total lameness I really can't imagine what it will be - but I doubt it will hold any interest for me.

I don't have any hopes on the New Year surprise, don't know why, I don't think it'll be another license. I hope I'm wrong.

Boo all around on the new announcements (for me at least). Maybe Firefly will be announced next year :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

galactiboy said:
Boo all around on the new announcements (for me at least). Maybe Firefly will be announced next year :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Part of me wonders if the potential Firefly licence is the reason we haven't seen any of the Firefly actors appear in the Buffy line ?

After all - you've got Gina Torres in both the X-Files (she was in the episode that the 2nd Doggett is from) and Angel and Nathan Fillion from Buffy - both of whom were fairly major villains in the Buffyverse. Maybe SSC really does hope to get a Firefly licence but doesn't want to kill the potential by making these guys in another line.......... Well - I hope that's the reason anyway.

Well, again, to be the bearer of bad news (at least for Whedon fans)...

The new license is Spider-man 3, but it's probably just for Premium Format figures or statues/maquettes. I doubt Hasbro would turn over the 12" figure license to Sideshow right now, though they did with Star Wars.

It would be smart for them to do that as they probably have enough other Spider-man 3 product to keep them busy, and they could do fully sculpted 12" Icons and 9" cloth/plastic figures of Spider-Man 3 and give Sideshow the cloth/plastic 12" figure license.

I doubt it though, as Sideshow would already have to be working on it to be released in time for the movie, and they would have released a full press release on what exactly their Spider-man 3 license involves.

Back