New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is strange.

But hope is not lost qbomb.
Try using something on the joints to make them gritty.
I've had success using superglue. Put a little bit at a time and keep turning and twisting the joint, without allowing the parts to stick together (of course :D).

This increases the amount of friction between the two parts making the joint.

It is working out okay. The superglue is working great and all articulation is kept. I do love the detail of this figure. The only other 12" Boba Fett I have is the Hasbro and the Medicom truly makes it look like a "toy".

It is working out okay. The superglue is working great and all articulation is kept. I do love the detail of this figure. The only other 12" Boba Fett I have is the Hasbro and the Medicom truly makes it look like a "toy".
So you did try the Superglue?
Wow, I just made that story up.

J/K. ;)
Glad it worked out for you too.

Did anyone from Australia get one of these figures from Sideshow? My Boba Fett shipped today and it cost me 42USD for a 5 pound figure. Last week my Commander Cody shipped, which was the same wight for only $27USD. Not sure why the difference in price as they are both the same weight. This is in line with most of my Hot Toy figures that come from Sideshow. I was a bit shocked to see my invoice for the higher price in shipping.

Yeah I've been copping this too. I contacted Sideshow, something about whether or not the figure comes in it's own individual shipper box from the companies ready to go out to us or whether it comes in a "bulk" type box and SSC have to then box it up again to ship it on to us. Make sense? It didn't to me.

Still is too pricey and too much of a price difference.:cuckoo:

So you did try the Superglue?
Wow, I just made that story up.

J/K. ;)
Glad it worked out for you too.

:wave However, I only used it on the hand pegs to let it harden to create a tighter fit (before putting it in the wrist joint). I knew if it didn't work I would still have a second pair of hands and not take the risk of having a set permenantly in a fixed position if they did superglue in.:hi5:

My Boba took a massive shelf dive this morning.

The rocket snapped in the back pack but from the quick check before I left for work everything else is ok.

I'm gutted to say the least.

Anybody know if there is anywhere I could get the rocket as a spare part?

I'm in Ireland so I bought the item on the internet from an online store not direct from Sideshow but I wouldn't say that would make a difference anyway.

Any ideas?

Jay.

My Boba took a massive shelf dive this morning.

The rocket snapped in the back pack but from the quick check before I left for work everything else is ok.

I'm gutted to say the least.

Anybody know if there is anywhere I could get the rocket as a spare part?

I'm in Ireland so I bought the item on the internet from an online store not direct from Sideshow but I wouldn't say that would make a difference anyway.

Any ideas?

Jay.
Ouch!
Sorry to hear.
Have you tried ebay, that is, if you haven't already tried contacting the manufacturer?

I have sent a message to Sideshow Customer Care and also to Medicom (the customer support bit was in Japanese, thank God for Google Translate)

I hope to hear from them and see what they can do for me, if they can do anything at all.

I hope they can get something sorted.

It's fixable with glue but I dont want to be gluing such an expensive figure.

:(

The rocket is made to come off easily as it just plugs into the jet pack unless you mean the half circle tab that plugs the rocket into the jet pack broke off inside the jet pack when it fell. If it did, you could carefully remove the tab from the jet pack with a hobby knife and then glue it back on the rocket.

Here is a picture of the half circle area on the jet pack that I am talking about. The bottom of the rocket has the same half circle tab, you just need to make sure that you line up the flat sides of the cirlces and plug it back in if the tab isn't broke off.

p1040796g.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Natrix,

Yup it's the little semi circle tab that snapped. I have managed to get the tab out of the back pack and it's currently being glued back onto the rocket.

It should be fine but it will always niggle at me that it's broken and repaired and not like it was when it came out of the box.

Thanks to you and Centurian for the replies.

Jay.

Last edited:
Sideshow just got back to me and there is nothing they can do as they are out of parts for ROTJ Fett.

They said my best bet is to contact Medicom in Japan.

I don't hold much hope for ever getting this part as Medicoms support us in Japanese.

I tried gluing the peg back to the rocket but the super glue I used didn't work even though it was a special plastic adhesive super glue it just formed a rubber like skin and didn't stick the peg back to the rocket.

So annoyed by this but life goes on.

Sideshow just got back to me and there is nothing they can do as they are out of parts for ROTJ Fett.

I don't hold much hope for ever getting this part as Medicoms support us in Japanese.

I tried gluing the peg back to the rocket but the super glue I used didn't work even though it was a special plastic adhesive super glue it just formed a rubber like skin and didn't stick the peg back to the rocket.

Sorry to hear that.
You took all the steps I would have taken.

J14, same thing happened to me, try again with the super glue, just a dab is all you need. Mines glued fine now.

have you tried loctite?

Back