New jack nicholson "the shining" figure!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the subway one recently, great figure, probably my favourite figure, but ive only just started to collect. That crm one looks nothing like jack, its terrible imo. i read the review of it on that mcwtoys site & i cant believe it got such a good review.

i read the review of it on that mcwtoys site & i cant believe it got such a good review.
Well, you have to put things in perspective. When that figure came out, it was the best available, and probably wasn't too bad looking compared with other figures available at the time (I don't know how long ago they came out, but the quality of 1/6 scale headsculpts has made a quantum leap in the last handful of years).

Well, you have to put things in perspective. When that figure came out, it was the best available, and probably wasn't too bad looking compared with other figures available at the time (I don't know how long ago they came out, but the quality of 1/6 scale headsculpts has made a quantum leap in the last handful of years).

Ziggy disagrees.

Yep, when the review was done (a friend of mine wrote it) that figure really was at the high-end of 1/6 figures. But now, years later it just doesn't keep up.

And I actually sold the CRM, wish I had done it sooner as the price really tanked after the Subway came out. But I still got about $180 for it.

I don't know. I am a big fan of The Shining, and wanted a Jack figure for a very long time, but even I couldn't bring myself to purchase the CRM Jack when he first came out. I have never liked that figure, and even back then there were MUCH better likenesses.

I would say I've always found some fault with the likeness... but to me there was never any mistaking who it was. And I enjoyed the sinister look of the figure and after seeing it in hand (I think it was around 2003) I was very impressed by the quality of the figure.

But with the Subway clearly improving all aspects trading up was a no-brainer :lol

I picked mine up today and it is definately the best figure in my collection, it's actually hard to believe it is a figure :lol. The headsculpts and paints are amazing and the clothes are superb! I might post some pics up later.

Sorry about the blurry pics
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5636&ppuser=6116
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5637&ppuser=6116
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5638&ppuser=6116

Boots are here (they're from the hot toys British Army lieutenent). On the way are his shirt (again, surprise :p), and now i'm looking for some jeans and an axe \:D/

Two motives: first, there weren't any when i ordered the boots and second, i paid 5 bucks for my pair, 20 for those seems kinda too much.

Back