New huge 20 inch optimus prime and bumble bee statues coming very soon!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some good close ups I found over at TFSource (Great place to buy TF products from btw and you get reward points :yess:)

615701_10151035256076711_1188516665_o.jpg

462290_10151035257216711_1920046650_o.jpg

201567_10151035256866711_2025314511_o.jpg

169544_10151035257031711_69182499_o.jpg

169513_10151035256636711_1549946212_o.jpg

620686_10151035256141711_2047252616_o.jpg

615787_10151035256786711_125544409_o.jpg

:lecture Thanks for those pics.

Damn, I was already a little iffy with the pricepoint these two were at before. Now, they're at ridiculous levels. :mad:

check this out

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQY5doSLzP8[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqPdgHFepY[/ame]

So.......anybody getting these?

I had every intention of getting both, back when they were listed 'by the manufacturer' at $1100 and $800 for OP and BB respectively.

Since then, Calibre toys has increased the price.

Now I'm not so sure. Especially when there still isn't enough feedback on the quality of these pieces.

:exactly: Maybe if Optimus was 3 or 4 feet tall...I might consider it.

I agree with the both of you. It is too pricey imho too, maybe they would make the price more reasonable and consider making them to order, instead of limiting it to 500 units so that they could sell more in the long run and cover their costs?

Optimus still could use some work, they are no longer offering the guns, the axe looks very toyish and the fingers are the same, they should work on those kind of details, and maybe it's because of the passive poses, but it doesn't "pop" like how the Maquette Prime does, and it looks to clean, some scratches and slight battle damage and better quality paint apps would do this figure more justice?

I'm sorry to say that Bumblebee is waay overpriced (sorry Calibre, but you know I'm right) if he were 20" tall, that would be more understandable, but when he's almost the same scale as the Battle Ops Bumblebee by Hasbro/Takara (which I own and love) it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend $1,000 on a similar scaled figure, if not as detailed as this one, that could be bought for much less and customized.

Any news from them? Their site still doesn't give much information about an official release date.

Last edited:
I agree with the both of you. It is too pricey imho too, maybe they would make the price more reasonable and consider making them to order, instead of limiting it to 500 units so that they could sell more in the long run and cover their costs?

Optimus still could use some work, they are no longer offering the guns, the axe looks very toyish and the fingers are the same, they should work on those kind of details, and maybe it's because of the passive poses, but it doesn't "pop" like how the Maquette Prime does, and it looks to clean, some scratches and slight battle damage and better quality paint apps would do this figure more justice?

I'm sorry to say that Bumblebee is waay overpriced (sorry Calibre, but you know I'm right) if he were 20" tall, that would be more understandable, but when he's almost the same scale as the Battle Ops Bumblebee by Hasbro/Takara (which I own and love) it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend $1,000 on a similar scaled figure, if not as detailed as this one, that could be bought for much less and customized.

Any news from them? Their site still doesn't give much information about an official release date.

Yesi agree with this. I want them but way over price. I'm sure they don't care what we think. It should be interesting to see how well they sell. If it does very well then congrats! But I really don't think it will do well at all.

Yesi agree with this. I want them but way over price. I'm sure they don't care what we think. It should be interesting to see how well they sell. If it does very well then congrats! But I really don't think it will do well at all.

Ditto, I agree they wouldn't care much what we think, but if they're smart, they would. They already upset quite a few potential buyers when they decided to do away with the guns.

I want them badly too, but no way would I pay $1000 for any polystone figure other than a SS. From most of the chatter out there, it's doubtful that they'll be able to sell at that price, not without some serious detailing, and by that I mean some battle damage to OP and maybe shading effects for BB and alot of tweaking to them as they are now, they're quite new to the scene which is another drawback, it all depends on actual reviews now.

If anyone's pre-ordered them, please keep me in the loop!

Last edited:
Ditto, I agree they wouldn't care much what we think, but if they're smart, they would. They already upset quite a few potential buyers when they decided to do away with the guns.

I want them badly too, but no way would I pay $1000 for any polystone figure other than a SS. From most of the chatter out there, it's doubtful that they'll be able to sell at that price, not without some serious detailing, and by that I mean some battle damage to OP and maybe shading effects for BB and alot of tweaking to them as they are now, they're quite new to the scene which is another drawback, it all depends on actual reviews now.

If anyone's pre-ordered them, please keep me in the loop!

Yes I was going to order it too. Then what piss me off was the price jumped higher and now the guns got canceled? Uh no way in that case. These will have a very hard time selling for what they are now. I will wait for someone else or SS to do a classics G1 prime and bee. It will happen someday. I know it will.

Last edited:
Back