New huge 20 inch optimus prime and bumble bee statues coming very soon!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I was going to order it too. Then what piss me off was the price jumped higer and now the guns got canceled? Uh no way in that case. These will have a very hard time selling for what they are now. I will wait for someone else or SS to do a classics G1 prime and bee. It will happen someday. I know it will.

:goodpost:

I'm afraid so :(

https://www.calibretoy.com/optimus-prime-statue.html

As you can see, they no longer list the guns. I was excited to see that they offered them as I missed the Maquette Prime and thought I could console myself with this one.

And yes, the way they jacked up the price seemingly over night is also a major irritation to me as well. I sincerely hope that SS would do their own version, maybe Prime and Bee and Megatron with light up eyes and show them how it's Really done.

*fingers crossed*

Those guys are idiots. This could have the potential to open a door for them to start a whole series of highly sought after transformer statues as no other companies are doing them. More importantly build up their brand reputation as they have none right now - if they priced this correctly at <$1000 for optimus and <700 for bumblebee, i am sure those things cost nowhere close to that to make.

As it is now, this is DOA so is their brand. I will have nothing to do with a company that tries to rip you off at the get go and the statues are okie but nothing special about it.

Moving right along...

Those guys are idiots. This could have the potential to open a door for them to start a whole series of highly sought after transformer statues as no other companies are doing them. More importantly build up their brand reputation as they have none right now - if they priced this correctly at <$1000 for optimus and <700 for bumblebee, i am sure those things cost nowhere close to that to make.

As it is now, this is DOA so is their brand. I will have nothing to do with a company that tries to rip you off at the get go and the statues are okie but nothing special about it.

Moving right along...

:goodpost: :clap:

Exactly! This could have been their breakthrough as you said. Jacking up prices even before they've been released, and having the cheek to slap on a "final" SRP of $1,699 for Optimus Prime and SRP $1,399 for Bumblebee is the most retarded move they could possibly make.

I have to agree, it doesn't look too good for them. It's a shame really. I was initially interested in a Bumblebee when it was around $800 but now? no way.

Last edited:

Moving right along...

Yes I was like wow this company rocks and we need many more tf statues since I also miss the SS prime. They had a lot on the line for a new company to earn the collectors trusts to become loyal fans. Looks like they screw up big time instead. Wow those prices are out of control.

Yes I was like wow this company rocks and we need many more tf statues since I also miss the SS prime. They had a lot on the line for a new company to earn the collectors trusts to become loyal fans. Looks like they screw up big time instead. Wow those prices are out of control.

I agree. I guess we'll have to trust SS to make them now. I would pay top dollar for a Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime with a similar Dynamic pose like the SS Maquette and a DOTM Bumblebee.

These guys are messing it up only for themselves, not even their website is fully functional up to this very moment.

I'm sure that even SS can make an articulated Polystone Statue, which was these guys main USP.

Maybe they'll think twice and rethink how they want to be perceived by serious collectors. We may be willing to spend large amounts of money on figures, but that doesn't mean we're stupid.

Time to be patient and await for SS to hopefully make Bumbleebee or Megatron....

...and, unlike other manufacturers, don't announce one price then increase it by a few hundred dollars when getting closer to launch date. :thud:

...and, unlike other manufacturers, don't announce one price then increase it by a few hundred dollars when getting closer to launch date. :thud:

:exactly: :goodpost:

A company like that should know better, especially a new one like Calibre. these guys lose any credibility when they pull of cheap gimmicks like that.

SS would never do that imho. Plus with SS you know you're getting a high quality product, plus they understand what collectors want. Even allowing us the opportunity to pay in installments, imagine asking greedy piggies like Calibre for a similar scheme.

"Oh very solly, you pay three hundred dollar more, demand too high, or we no give you it." :gah:

I wonder how many votes it would take SS from here to give this idea the green light? maybe they could offer an updated chest/waist for the Op maquette so that the ones who bought it won't feel left out and can get an upgrade if they want, that would make all parties happy right?

And a Dark of the Moon Bumblebee would be sweet!

Last edited:
Oh, and imagine a diorama of OP's Trailer/Weapons Depot, with all his weapons stored in the same scale! It would look absolutely sick!

dotm-ultimate-op-concept-art-weapons-depot.jpg

Who else agrees SS should do one of these weapons depots? :p

27276351d1327884335-ultimate-transforming-leader-optimus-prime-trailer-jetpack-powerup-weapons-ring-vlcsnap-2011-10-03-21h23m16s135.png

Last edited:
There's no doubt they should make a Optimus/weapons depot combo... but they would need to be careful in pricing it.

A bit off topic but have any of you guys played the War for Cybertron/ Fall of Cybertron games?

I would love if they made future transformers releases in that style, I loved how High Moon Studios took design cues from the G1 Transformers we all know and love

1982966transformersfall.jpg

2228283g1prime.jpg

transformersfallofcyberw.jpg

Now IMO these would be sweet :)

Last edited:
There's no doubt they should make a Optimus/weapons depot combo... but they would need to be careful in pricing it.

:exactly: I hope that they would make one and keep it affordable! Would look amazing with OP side-by-side. :)

A bit of topic but have any of you guys played the War for Cybertron/ Fall of Cybertron games?

I would love if they made future transformers releases in that style, I loved how High Moon Studios took design cues from the G1 Transformers we all know and love

1982966transformersfall.jpg

2228283g1prime.jpg

transformersfallofcyberw.jpg

Now IMO these would be sweet :)

Not yet, but I should pick it up soon.. :) great pics btw hope so at least with TF4

Any updates on those Calibre figures? Anyone got eyes on them, what they look like in person?

Back