New HT POTC Elizabeth Swann low-down

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, I just had to stop in and say how awesome I think this looks. (Along with Jack and Sao) These guys raise the bar HIGH. looks incredible (in photo and in person)

I also look forward to the inevitable Barbossa and Jones

Trev

Gosh, the sculpt really exceeded my expectations. Costume isn't what I wanted to see Elizabeth in, but it is an amazing costume. I could buy some decent pants with this money, but gotta get this line.

As awesome as this looks, I just can't justify it. I got the Zizzle version for $5 yesterday (the 2-pack of Jack and Elizabeth is on clearance at Target for $10). Granted, the likeness is nowhere near as good, but the clothes are pretty decent, and it's a steal for $5. So as nice of a job as Hot Toys does, I won't buy any of the exact same figures I can get elsewhere. I only get the unique figures they make that are not done elsewhere... But that's just me...

I am a bit puzzled by the reaction on these figures from fellow freaks. These are $135 a pop (Elisabeth is 125 a pop) figures and seems like no one thinks that's outragous price. Granted, HT's robocop and predators are at that price range, but they are also one-off desgin figures using unique bodies and molds. And these POTC figures are much closer to HT's usual human offering like prison break and alien marines which are about $65 - $90. Yes, the sculpt and outfit are amazing. BUT there is a big price hike as well. Did every freak just got used to these prices and accepted witout questions? why is there concerns over SS's indy's higher price ($10 more than their usual $60 price tag) and not here? :confused:

Count me in as one who finds these prices for a "doll" as outrageous. I'm hitting my cap with the current pricing on the SS LOTR 12" figure line but it's my favorite line and I'll be biting the bullet, but at the expense of other collectibles.

I am a bit puzzled by the reaction on these figures from fellow freaks. These are $135 a pop (Elisabeth is 125 a pop) figures and seems like no one thinks that's outragous price. Granted, HT's robocop and predators are at that price range, but they are also one-off desgin figures using unique bodies and molds. And these POTC figures are much closer to HT's usual human offering like prison break and alien marines which are about $65 - $90. Yes, the sculpt and outfit are amazing. BUT there is a big price hike as well. Did every freak just got used to these prices and accepted witout questions? why is there concerns over SS's indy's higher price ($10 more than their usual $60 price tag) and not here? :confused:

Oh most definitely the prices are outrageous! But Hot Toys isn't something that just popped out of nowhere. Their prices are pretty much well... their prices and if that's what it's gonna cost to get outstanding 12" Pirates, so be it. I paid $175 for the first medicom rocketeer... looking back, i should have waited for version 2.

Love the Jack and Elizabeth figures...I figure there are at least 3 new ones on the short list for the immediate future:

Barbossa
Will Turner
Davy Jones

Some others that may figure into the mix at some point if the line does well enough:

Tia Dalma
Norrington
Beckett
Pintel
Ragetti
Bootstrap

Geb

I'd kill for a HT Tia Dalma.

I guess I've gotten so used to paying the high prices I never really noticed. I didn't think anything about the Indy being 10 dollars more either. I guess all hope for me is lost. :lol

Just got her - don't have time to take pics, but she's just as good as the prototype. The detail is amazing and the sculpt as great as you'd expect from the proto pics.

One caution - there's a string so you can attach her scabbard yourself. The string has 2 different ends, one is waxed and pointed for easy threading, the other is not. DON'T spend 20 minutes trying to thread the wrong end through the tiny, tiny holes.

I guess I just should have remembered that there's always some pain to go with HT's perfection.

Just got her - don't have time to take pics, but she's just as good as the prototype. The detail is amazing and the sculpt as great as you'd expect from the proto pics.

One caution - there's a string so you can attach her scabbard yourself. The string has 2 different ends, one is waxed and pointed for easy threading, the other is not. DON'T spend 20 minutes trying to thread the wrong end through the tiny, tiny holes.

I guess I just should have remembered that there's always some pain to go with HT's perfection.

Look forward to some pics Dave. I haven't ordered mine yet so I'm excited to see some inhand photos. Good to know she looks like the proto. The sculpt looks perfect on it.

Back