New Hot toys Teaser...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell is up with people's strange obsession with secondary characters? Alfred and Gordon over the likes of a Keaton Batman, Scarecrow and Demon Batman? What the hell?

I'm surprised people aren't up in arms about it not being Rachel.

I'd take Rachel over a Keaton Batman, anyday.

The manga figure I'm not familiar with but I already like it better than another Jackson. At least parts might be useful.

I would guess if the Batman-like symbol isn't Big Daddy from 'Kick Ass' then it stands for all and any possible superheroes. It is an access sign, like the sign that delineates male and female toilets, maybe that's an important point. Here it's modified to indicate a superhero, possibly meaning that a superhero - any superhero - may enter here. It looks like Batman clearly, but I still don't think HT would be that obvious in a teaser - that's really no teaser at all. If it's a Batman figure, I will eat my shoes.

I'm going to bet that it's Big Daddy, I got me a hunch there, and if it's not Big Daddy then it's some other unexpected superhero, and if it's not that, then it's some sort of announcement to do with DC in general (which may very well go nicely with hopes for Batman releases).

Heh, yeah, the woman looks like Slimer floating through the air with no legs. It's kind of horrifying when you think about it.

SOOOOOOOOO....

Hows them shoes taste? Did you take pictures? if you've not eaten them yet, do film it. it needs to fo on youtube! :lol

What the hell is up with people's strange obsession with secondary characters? Alfred and Gordon over the likes of a Keaton Batman, Scarecrow and Demon Batman? What the hell?

I'm surprised people aren't up in arms about it not being Rachel.

Simple. Begins/TDK and even the impostor Keaton Batman and his foul murdering ways are just slices of the mythos. Batman is much bigger than just a single film, and a single version. or even a single universe. Hell, in the current comics, even he gets this now and has started to franchise.
Gordon is important to the Batman Mythos, almost as much as the Joker. For that Matter, the amount the Joker picks on Gordon directly should serve to to show this ( not just in TDK, but in ALL batman continuity). i'd take ANY realistic version of Gordon, so long as he looked SOMETHING like how he is depicted in the comics/animated series.

one final note , as i'm sure it'll be brought up.
batman doesn't kill. NEVER should kill, he always finds another way.
The closest he comes is refusing to save someone.
If you'd like to see a definitive characterful version of batman, may I suggest you go watch Batman under the red Hood?

and one final, FINAL note.

My favorite Real world batman costume

072403_batman2.jpg

Agreed.

GREAT depiction of a comic Batman, but pisspoor as a 'realworld' Bats to me.

Yeah. I can see the appeal of the colours for matching a certain comic book look but as regards the kind of material, the lack of armour etc it just brings to mind either kids pyjamas or those dads wearing superhero costumes who made protests for equal rights to see their children - there was a name for them.

Well basically any superhero costume is pretty absurd - outside of fancy camera angles and special lighting I'm sure Bales TDK suit would look ridiculous on someone walking down the street.

Wow, so no Agent Smith and Neo after all huh? Disappointing news OF THE YEAR! I was ready to buy 100 Agent Smith figures for a diorama (maybe this will convince Hot Toys)!

Wow, so no Agent Smith and Neo after all huh? Disappointing news OF THE YEAR! I was ready to buy 100 Agent Smith figures for a diorama (maybe this will convince Hot Toys)!

:lol 100 for the Reloaded courtyard brawl and then another 100 custom rain drenched ones for the Revolutions final battle was my plan - beat that!

Yeah. I can see the appeal of the colours for matching a certain comic book look but as regards the kind of material, the lack of armour etc it just brings to mind either kids pyjamas or those dads wearing superhero costumes who made protests for equal rights to see their children - there was a name for them.

:lol Hot Toys Proudly Announces: Fathers For Justice 1:6 figures

Get your own Fatman Batman and the newly scuplted Spider-Man with super loose fitting costume...all revealing far too much detail in certain areas :gah:

That spoon was a big fat turd.

I wonder why no one (licensees) likes Matrix anymore? They got a solid 4 figure sale right there -- perfect for HT with their limited lines.

SOOOOOOOOO....

Hows them shoes taste? Did you take pictures? if you've not eaten them yet, do film it. it needs to fo on youtube! :lol

Simple. Begins/TDK and even the impostor Keaton Batman and his foul murdering ways are just slices of the mythos. Batman is much bigger than just a single film, and a single version. or even a single universe. Hell, in the current comics, even he gets this now and has started to franchise.
Gordon is important to the Batman Mythos, almost as much as the Joker. For that Matter, the amount the Joker picks on Gordon directly should serve to to show this ( not just in TDK, but in ALL batman continuity). i'd take ANY realistic version of Gordon, so long as he looked SOMETHING like how he is depicted in the comics/animated series.

one final note , as i'm sure it'll be brought up.
batman doesn't kill. NEVER should kill, he always finds another way.
The closest he comes is refusing to save someone.
If you'd like to see a definitive characterful version of batman, may I suggest you go watch Batman under the red Hood?

What in the . . .

There is no "definitive" Batman in my book. Just a bunch of different interpretations. If by "definitive" you mean favorite this is my definitive Batman,

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aamaPxgq_Og?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aamaPxgq_Og?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He doesn't kill and I think character wise he's the best Batman. My two other favorites are of course the Keaton Batman (who kills), and Bale (who doesn't).

I don't even see why that matters. There are hundreds of different interpretations in the comics alone.

Last edited:
by definitive, I mean the one i find to be truest to the essence of what and who the character is.
but now we're splitting hairs. don't get me wrong. you're allowed to like whichever version of the bat you deem most appropriate. Neither of us are write or wrong.

If i meant Favorite, i'd have said so.

though, for the record, we're in concordance with favorite depiction.

lol @ all the dorks in this thread.

Which dorks do you mean? The ones harping on pre-reveal about what figures they hope will end up in their Christmas goody bag and then bleating and ranting post-reveal on the figures that won't end up in their Christmas goody bag? Or those debating the merits of translating the various incarnations of superhero characters into 1/6?

This is nothing! For true dorkism, try visiting the 'Which Star Wars Chick is the Hottest' thread in the Star Wars section :lol.

Back