New Hot toys Teaser...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bla bla bla. I had to sell my Dark knight figures because all I could think about them when I looked the figures was this forum and all the Dark knight/Batman Begins fanboyism. The same is happening with Predator figures...the madness must end.... this reveal blows

Yen 28,000 is a very big price tag. And so is Yen 18,000. They roughly translate to USD 340 & 220 respectively. Lucky nothing in these triggers my interest. Easy pass :D

What converter did you use? I got just over $280 for the 28,000 yen. Which basically means drop 2 zeros for the dollar price. So $180ish for the other.

bla bla bla. I had to sell my Dark knight figures because all I could think about them when I looked the figures was this forum and all the Dark knight/Batman Begins fanboyism. The same is happening with Predator figures...the madness must end.... this reveal blows

you sold your stuff because of other people being fanboys? Did you not like the figures that much to begin with?? I dont mean to be rude, I just think its a little strange selling something you like just because of what strangers say on the internet say. Again, im not trying to offend you, im just curious

What converter did you use? I got just over $280 for the 28,000 yen. Which basically means drop 2 zeros for the dollar price. So $180ish for the other.

1 USD = 81.35 JPY, so...

28000Y = $344 and 18000Y = $221

Wish I was living in your financial world bro!

Hmmm... You are right. I must have made a typo or put in the wrong 'dollar' when I did the conversion earlier today. That makes the Batman figures about $175 each and for that much, they should come fully accessorized with alternate heads, weapons, etc. And $220 does seem steep for the others though. Maybe US dollar prices do get adjusted a bit regardless of the conversion rate? Because not even DX Bad MJ was $220. The $280-$300 seemed a fair price for the Batman 2 pack with minimal or no accessories. Thats $150 each or so and that is the current low-priced, low accessory HT item (Black Widow).

Hmm... sell my figures or stop taking any notice of fanboys. Unfortunate that you chose the former over the latter. Just because everyone on this forum loves their dollies, doesn't make them an authority on what you should like.

Yeah, exactly. Why let other people dictate about how strongly you feel about something. ____ em. Feel how you feel, like what you like, want you want.

WTF? No Matrix? Damn you HT with your teaser, really thought it was going to be Neo. Now, I'm just disappointed.

Considering these are exclusives I would have been pissed if it was the Matrix and a 89 Batman or TDK Gordon.

Now I'm just pissed there's a TDK Scarecrow stuck with a demon Batman that's going to be hard or really expensive to get. :monkey4

I really enjoyed the Dark knight, but I seriously got sooooooo sick of seeing Heath Ledger EVERYWHERE..... I gradually began to resent my figures. They ended up at the back of my detolf. I don't hate the movie or anything, its just that I didn't care for them any longer because pics were plastered EVERYWHERE....

It felt the same as listening to the same song 50 times in one day. Even if you like the song, enough is enough.....

Dark Knight got overdone and I just rather have my money back.

Considering these are exclusives ...

that's going to be hard or really expensive to get. :monkey4

I wouldn't worry about it. We should know from experience that exclusives are rarely exclusive. People that want them will get them without a premium, I'm sure of it.

attachment.php

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cvAZhbr6O2A?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cvAZhbr6O2A?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It's been said. I hope whatever the hell that thing is sells miserably. I always thought manga was a tad overrated. Sniffle, sniffle... stupid spoon. No wonder that figure is a store exclusive. Doubt anyone here would get teaser-pumped for some random manga character they've never heard of.

Last edited:
seriously??? Thank god this pic leaked because if they waited until 12/25 to reveal this crap there would be a lot of upset people

I'm wondering now if they will be RELEASED on Christmas instead of revealed. Because the cat is well out of the bag now, so no need to wait to reveal them at this point. And I doubt they were 'leaked' if they didn't want them released.

Yeah I think Christmas is a good bet. I'm sure will see the official specs and pics either this week, next week or the beginning of November.

I really didn't think they'd hold this teaser over our heads until the 25th of December anyway, that would have been nuts.

When is HT going to learn the teases are backfiring on them and pissing off the collectors?
The riddles only work when they actually turn out to be what the masses want.
I wonder what the reaction is back at the HT studios when the guesses come flooding in of "ZOMG Burton Batman!!! ZOMG Matrix!!! Ijustspoogedonthescreen
Ivewantedthesemywholelife. PleasegiveusLobbyNeofirst blah, blah, blah......"
:gah:

Last edited:
When is HT going to learn the teases are backfiring on them and pissing off the collectors?

The riddles only work when they actually turn out to be what the masses want.

Are they really to blame though? Its us the collectors that do it to ourselves. WE create the fantasy and are only disapointed when it doesn't come true. Its not HT fault. Collectors need to stop day-dreaming and think things through better. I mean there are tons of better clues to a possible Matrix figure than a spoon. I mean the Beat it MJ was easy once figured out and Batman was straight-forward too. The spoon was just vague to begin with. A blue pill and a red pill would have been a better tease if it was really the Matrix.

Are they really to blame though? Its us the collectors that do it to ourselves. WE create the fantasy and are only disapointed when it doesn't come true. Its not HT fault. Collectors need to stop day-dreaming and think things through better. I mean there are tons of better clues to a possible Matrix figure than a spoon. I mean the Beat it MJ was easy once figured out and Batman was straight-forward too. The spoon was just vague to begin with. A blue pill and a red pill would have been a better tease if it was really the Matrix.

The teases should work to get the masses excited about seeing what they want not what they dont want.
So far HT is doing a poor job of gauging the rank and file wants with these obtuse teases.
Just show us the goods and cut the cute crap HT.

Back