New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't mind that they removed waist articulation. It just makes the whole torso look that much more in proportion. I'll use one of Faken's pics to show what I mean

ht_p2_02.jpg

vs.

386288_10150442408742344_58690437343_8783151_117678083_n.jpg

I really don't mind it either. I don't miss waist articulation on any of the newer Predators that have come out recently. Bodies look a lot better without it.

Well even in the sculpting stage it already looks a helluva lot better than the first release. So.. I'm definitely interested.

Being a Predator connoisseur how do you rate his new P2 mask?

To me it looks really great. Tsang is trying more and more to nail these guys. I think if anything the texture might be a little heavy and it turned out to heavy on our smaller figure. As a huge P2 fan I'm really pumped for this figure P1 and a new Wolf. The main thing Tsang needs to get better is the head sculpts. He gets most things really close but the head sculpts need to be improved and the good news is I see him looking at the movie and not the CM. As a fan I really think this news is great. I'd love to see us do bigger Predators but knowing these high end ones will be out there really does put a dampener on that idea. Sure they'll cost way more but Predators are just so cool it'll be worth it. I can't believe some fans don't think this is good news. The older HT Predators will be so outdated compared to these new figures. I hope they nail the Wolf because to me the old one was so very shinny and the new style should be awesome. I figure these will cost what like 400? I'm hoping Tsang will improve his lower P2 leg armor. The Shadow is nice but just a little off. What we see of the new P2 sure looks sweet.

Holy Crap the old P2 looks anorexic in that pic . horrible , Its about time for an upgrade , i'm glad i can finally get a City Hunter

Holy Crap the old P2 looks anorexic in that pic . horrible , Its about time for an upgrade , i'm glad i can finally get a City Hunter

I always felt the same way and this new one is so much better. I can't wait to see it all painted up.

I can honestly say that the new p2 could very well be my favourite pred. I always cringe when I see pics of ht's original p2 with that terrible paint job on the body. I mean, p2 has complex patterning on his body and its evident ht missed the ball on that one. The new bodies combined with ht's new awesome paint jobs will make the remake a must have!!!

glad to see ht stepping up the game on predators, p2 will be mine for sure.
but i still wished tankman worked for hot toys, and was doing their predator sculpts.

I'd love to see us do bigger Predators but knowing these high end ones will be out there really does put a dampener on that idea.

Theres a high end T-800 out now but apparently you guys are still doing a 1/4 and if anything the differences between high end and low end are more apparent on 'human' figures no? So it'd still be worth it to get your sculpt in that scale and with a decent paintjob like the P1 got.

Not only are those old predators way too skinny, but to me they always looked like they got into their dad's armory and fitted themselves with gear that's all the wrong size for them. And the paint is without question a mess. Much to be improved upon!

Not only are those old predators way too skinny, but to me they always looked like they got into their dad's armory and fitted themselves with gear that's all the wrong size for them. And the paint is without question a mess. Much to be improved upon!

And people thought the prototype-to-production quality leap was huge on recent figures... THIS is the figure we were supposed to get in 2007:

pred22oz2.jpg

pred210vh9.jpg

At least they attempted patternation there. Ah, well. I guess now we're getting an upgrade in both sculpt and paint (the latter of which is now their strongest feature).

I guess like someone said on HT Facebook NECA has took a lot of people when they launched their 1/4 Predator, however i wouldn't mind another predator2 but i really think that HT needs to do is to make the rest of Dutch's team, lastly i hope their 1/4 scale of Arnold is the one where he's covered in mud with the spear, bow and the torch.

nice for the guys who missed out the first time around. But I still prefer the bodies on the old predators.
better articulation FTW

Back