New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know Wang worked on the second one.

that's cause he didn't :lecture. That head was a commission job for gkasylum.

I never realized just how many quills this bad boy really had on his face. it would be nice if they could incorporate that in, but I understand the reasons why they probably can't such as still being able to put the helmet on.

I could see HT using 2 different heads this time around, but that would prolly justify a $250 price tag for them. A pull off face might work, but a seam all the way around the head would prolly look tacky. I really don't think HT would go all out with body quills on this, a 1/4 version, maybe.

Btw here's some photos of the P2 head. Via Steve Wang's FB
Duckbill_head_sw.jpg
that's actually very inaccurate. Here's some of the actual mask (albeit without eyes):

ahh yes , just found these too , soe of my favorite p2 behind the scenes pics !.
P2_Head0.jpg

P2_Head1.jpg

P2_Head2.jpg

P2_Head3.jpg

P2_Head4.jpg

if you look behined here on this pic you can see the king willie head still in clay form which is painted up at the top of this thread.
P2_Head5.jpg

P2_Head6.jpg

P2_Head7.jpg

P2_Head8.jpg

This is one of my most anticipated figures coming up from HT.
This and whatever happens to be their first 1/4 predator figure.

that's actually very inaccurate.

And no one said that Wang actually workd on the mask for the actual movie.
I only meant that I'd be glad to see at least this level of sculpting from Tsang after his adorable abominations (Berserker and Classic) :wink1:

Didn't HT say the 1st 1/4 Predf will be the P1?
That's what they said:

*We are going to announce this great news now - we are bringing to fans not only the 1/6th scale, but also the 1/4th scale collectible figures of the Predator movie series - Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator (AVP) and Aliens vs Predator – Requiem (AVPR)!

Moreover, we will be bringing the collectible of Dutch featuring our beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1/4th scale too!

So I was thinking again and had a thought. Shadow predator wasn't that much different from P2 as far as heads go. They were different yeah, but not that much different. Anyways, I'm wondering if HT is going to be lazy and give us a repainted shadow with p2 armor and call it p2. I hope not, but that thought did cross my mind. I've seen how they recycle headsculpts and was wondering if they might do it again. I hope not. I'd love to be wrong but I have this sinking feeling I might be right.

So I was thinking again and had a thought. Shadow predator wasn't that much different from P2 as far as heads go. They were different yeah, but not that much different. Anyways, I'm wondering if HT is going to be lazy and give us a repainted shadow with p2 armor and call it p2. I hope not, but that thought did cross my mind. I've seen how they recycle headsculpts and was wondering if they might do it again. I hope not. I'd love to be wrong but I have this sinking feeling I might be right.

They had done such an amazing sculpt on the first P2 (especially the BD one), that if they do that it will be an epic facepalm and people will end up trying to use the old P2 head on the new P2 body, maybe. Gotta get my hands on an old P2 anyway, now with prices sinking (Mr.Burns "excelent!").

I can understand why you would think that, but I think your wrong. If they did that than this new predator 2 figure would then look less accurate than the one previously released. I just really feel that it would be there goal to make the figure better than before, and I'm pretty sure that most would agree that the original HT P2 is one of there most accurate. Who knows though right?? I def. do hope your wrong. I have very high expectations for this figure.

I can understand why you would think that, but I think your wrong. If they did that than this new predator 2 figure would then look less accurate than the one previously released. I just really feel that it would be there goal to make the figure better than before, and I'm pretty sure that most would agree that the original HT P2 is one of there most accurate. Who knows though right?? I def. do hope your wrong. I have very high expectations for this figure.

I have high hopes for this figure too. Especially since I missed out on the first one. Believe me nobody wants me to be wrong more than I do.

I have high hopes for this figure too. Especially since I missed out on the first one. Believe me nobody wants me to be wrong more than I do.

It's not going to happen. Not sure where you got the notion that Shadow's unmasked head looks like that of P2, but they're completely different (almost like saying the Alien from the fourth movie looks like the first). They'd sooner reuse the old P2 head before reusing an entirely unrelated sculpt. Don't worry about it.

Back