New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hurry up with my new updated sculpt AVP preds got dang it!

They are, there remaking them all!! Great news as far as I'm concerned, I was looking at buying Wolf recently but chose not to because it looking dated compared to the new ones. So glad I didn't pull the trigger :)

These are all going to be 1:4th scale right? If so the prices will be off the hook expensive.

I collect 1:6 scale only due to size and am satisfied with the quality of sculpting at that scale.

When you guys start your firesale of 1:6 Preds I and a lot of other collectors will be waiting.:wave

1:4th will be great, but pass for me.

They are, there remaking them all!! Great news as far as I'm concerned, I was looking at buying Wolf recently but chose not to because it looking dated compared to the new ones. So glad I didn't pull the trigger :)

I just bought one myself from someone here for a great price, probably cheaper than whatever Hot Toys new price will be so regret avoided on that:lol And I was almost ready to drop the asking price for a P2 last night as well, but didn't since I've just bought 3 Pred's within the past week, so I couldn't have heard any better news today with this announcement.

I think it'll be awhile until we get a new P1, Wolf, and Berserker so I'm glad I won't have anything to worry about for awhile with the ones I just bought.

but as HT increases in popularity and has a larger economy of scale, alongside developing an increasing awareness that these things aren't very rare or special (in the sense that better versions are likely to come along later), I do wish they would lower the prices a bit.

___k yes. That sure would be nice. Or at least stop the seemingly constant rise of price with each figure.

Also this isn't a P2. It's 1/4 one from AVP :)

8757587585887.jpg
Very good eye. I was trying to figure out what was going on with his leg armor there, and now it all makes sense. I wonder if the figures they started with in 1:6 scale will be the same figures they first release in 1:4 scale?

I missed out on all of the original Predator releases so for me it's fantastic news although I will admit it does suck for those who killed themselves getting a P2 secondary. If a new P2 is in the works, I have no doubts that a new Elder is probably in the works.

Finally some pred news I can excited about.
Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sold on Tsang's ability to actually deliver an accurate sculpt...
Classic still looks a bit odd proportions-wise to me.
And the abs on that P2 WIP look way exaggerated. Good thing is I'm not as OCD with preds as I am with aliens, so I guess I'll finally have a P2 in my 1/6 collection.

Finally some pred news I can excited about.
Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sold on Tsang's ability to actually deliver an accurate sculpt...
Classic still looks a bit odd proportions-wise to me.
And the abs on that P2 WIP look way exaggerated. Good thing is I'm not as OCD with preds as I am with aliens, so I guess I'll finally have a P2 in my 1/6 collection.
To be honest the abs had me scratching my head; maybe it'll work better with the paint apps, but the body for Shadow/Classic seemed more accurate. Here's hoping he can nail the head sculpt, though. And hey, at least he's using proper source material instead of other company's inaccurate statues and figures this time!

Not very surprising. As KD says, nothing released in the past is safe. Clock is ticking on current "grails" like the Tumbler/Batpod, Elder Predator, Endoskeleton, and the Colonial Marines.

Pheew! So glad you didn't include Mk.I.

J/K...nothing is sacred when we're talking about HT.:rotfl

I do like the relative size of this figure.
Thighs and arms are thicker as they should be.
I always had issues with the first releases having 'human-sized' arms and legs...and the joints used back then were not appealing to my eyes.

I'm glad to see that they are once again making the predator's joints look better even if it means less poseability.
Maybe one day they'll come up with a technique/material that will satisfy both.

I hav eno idea why Hot Toys are doing 1/4 scale figures. It's not as if we are making more money.

But I am seriously excited by the news of a new Predator 2.
I will sell my old one to fund this one.

Though I dare say the going rate will be far less with this news?

Finally!!!! Not everyone was in a good financial place when it was first released so I'm happy to finally have a chance to score this guy. Now all of the Predator Snobs will have one less figure to hold over our heads :nana: :hi5:

That is what I would like to know too.

If all the Preds are being made in 1/4 then that's the way to go for me. Same goes if they are all made in 1/6 though too.

I wouldn't want afew 1/4's or 1/6's to be made here and there.

I would be content with P1, P2 and Wolf in one scale.

Back