New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at my Pred collection and it brings me to tears that I may end up selling some of my favorites this week. But some of these Preds do need an update. Skinny Wolf especially.

gsdfgdfg.jpg

Also this isn't a P2. It's 1/4 one from AVP :)

8757587585887.jpg

For me a new P2 is excellent news since i never had one. I will be getting this new P2 and I will be done with collecting Predators. They are not gonna suck me in with the new 1/4 scale Preds.

Well i only got into Predator figures with the Shadow and Classic, so i'm looking forward to this.

But i'd much rather they get to those in my Sig.

Hurry ... The ... F ... Up Hot Toys :mad:

From Hot Toys facebook

ttttt.jpg

:thud:
Fan-freakin-tactic. So glad I sold my old Predator 2 this year, as I had a hunch this guy was coming soon. Really surprised they're sculpting a new body though; why not use the Shadow Predator/Classic Predator body? I mean Shadow Predator was halfway to P2 already.

Anyhow, this looks tremendous. Hope he has all the bells and whistles right out of the gate.

Not very surprising. As KD says, nothing released in the past is safe. Clock is ticking on current "grails" like the Tumbler/Batpod, Elder Predator, Endoskeleton, and the Colonial Marines.

They need to stop using the word 'collectible' it looks like.
They are still things that are collected, they just don't maintain their value or attraction very well in the future :lol

Just like baseball cards and comics in the 1990s. It was inevitable that HT would not survive as a market for speculative investment very long. By taking the Hasbro-type strategy of re-releasing updated figures on demand, Hot Toys is just speeding up that process. Personally, I don't mind that specifically, but as HT increases in popularity and has a larger economy of scale, alongside developing an increasing awareness that these things aren't very rare or special (in the sense that better versions are likely to come along later), I do wish they would lower the prices a bit.

Back