New Hot Toys Captain America USO/Rescue version?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably buy all 3 versions of Cap you are referring to, and I currently have the released one. And I am not alone!

Same here. I have the FA version, the Avengers version on PO, and intend to buy both the Rescue and USO version if they are released. I could also be tempted to buy other versions, or Captain America motorcycles (FA and Avengers). He's my favorite Avenger, and one of my all time favorite characters.

The USO and Rescue Caps could be 2 releases, but unless plans changed the "Golden Age & Rescue" points towards a 2 in 1 right?

Tcwmn.jpg

ah, very nice, thanks.

EDIT: found it

Q5: Going back to the catalog, there is a WWII look of Captain America (with leather jacket) shown. Will he be released or is he canceled as well?

H: That version of the WWII Captain America will certainly be released. A lot of oversea fans have been asking about it and they are very interested in that design. I think in Asia, they just think it looks like a plain WWII soldier but in overseas, a lot of people consider this design a must have! Hot Toys will be looking into a special way to release the figure.

Q6: Will we see a Captain America figure based on the dancing scene in the movie? I believe that's referred as the USO costume?

H: That is a classic look and has an old school appeal to it. We will be releasing that version. The original plan was to sell the USO version along with the WWII leather jacket version as a two pack. But now they will be sold individually.

Originally this WAS a 2 in 1, USO and Rescue. It was quoted in these forums by OMG I believe and a couple of others that the 2 in 1 was scrapped for two figures BUT the indication was that the Rescue would have been a separate release figure and the USO an exclusive. With this being the obvious exclusive it's very much in question whether or not they'll be a USO version since that original indication has changed but I sure hope it is.

thanks, SF.

special way to release the figure---> SDCC exclusive.

And now I see why they decided against the wider release, in Asia "plain WWII soldier"

No problem. Yeah, it makes more sense since there is such a huge WWII 1/6 collector market, plus you've got G.I. Joe collectors as well. I imagine this figure will be very popular outside of us Cap/Avengers/Marvel fans. I just hope the USO version is still coming out.

So if it's a SDCC exclusive, we can only get this if you go to the con?
Or can it still be ordered online via SideShow?

Also I was looking for pics of the rescue/uso/golden age version.
Can't find them in this thread besides that puzzle pic from their facebook.
Are there any other pics yet?

No doubt all SS SDCC Ex's wil also be offered to non-attendees in a PPO as previous years.

red.bmp

Now the question is... do I display Red Skull opposite Rescue Cap, or Schmidt opposite him... Hmmm.. I wish he had a rubber "face" mask.

Do people even understand what the word "exclusive" means any more?

Originally this WAS a 2 in 1, USO and Rescue. It was quoted in these forums by OMG I believe and a couple of others that the 2 in 1 was scrapped for two figures BUT the indication was that the Rescue would have been a separate release figure and the USO an exclusive. With this being the obvious exclusive it's very much in question whether or not they'll be a USO version since that original indication has changed but I sure hope it is.

Not quite sure what you said in your post because your sig is too awesome. Don't post on here anymore, otherwise, I'll never read what you or anyone else is saying. :lol

P.S. I've been in Afghanistan for over five months with about four more to go. Anything relating to a sexy woman messes up my focus.

Why did it have to be a SDCC exclusive? It should of been the Iron Man Mark VI instead.
AVE vers. of MarkVI was and still is an Exclusive piece :wink1:

If Hot Toys does the same thing as they did with Batman last year and makes it a 2-in-1, but with only enough parts to do one or the other, and it is limited to one per household, I'm gonna throw something at the wall really hard.
I really hope for this tho.
Technically there's no chance for it to be a full 2in1 figure.

Do people even understand what the word "exclusive" means any more?
Exclusives mah ars. I just want to collect figures :dunno

I see a lot of Begins Two-in-One theories, but what about the other Begins Exclusives? What if they made the Rescue and USO versions two separate figures, but bundled them together a lá the Demon Batman and Scarecrow set?

Gonna have to get this one on ebay me thinks if its only a comic con exclusive

I'll pick mine up right before I leave preview night and thankfully not have to worry about it. That's what is so awesome about preview night tickets.

I'm happy SS has a laid back pick-up method that lets me roll in almost any time I want and get my stuff. There's no point carrying around big boxes just for the sake of getting them right away. Plus a hotel right across the street where I can drop it right off is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back