New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 1/1 scale. I have all the Mattel stuff so just need the pack. I did see those dudes with the crazy load speakers in which looked amazing and goes with the Mattel stuff.

Search for V330 Creations on Facebook. No plastic Matty stuff at all. Amazing work. Will cost around 3k or so for the top pack. I was in contact a year or so ago, but couldn't swing it at the time.

Search for V330 Creations on Facebook. No plastic Matty stuff at all. Amazing work. Will cost around 3k or so for the top pack. I was in contact a year or so ago, but couldn't swing it at the time.

Just checked them out. Yeah, very cool. I think the Matty stuff is great but I know they are not 100% dead on. Thanks dude. :)

That's a great site for stuff like that. If you have the time and ability, you could buy a lot of the parts from members there or at their store. But if you go the custom made route, you're looking at a year plus out

Picked up Ray and Winston for a decent price on ebay as nowhere near me seems to stock anything atm.

They are.... pretty good. I dunno. They have more detail than the matty ones and are certainly better value for money. The Ray head an improvement, the Winston is worse imo. While I appreciate that the packs are seperate more detailed pieces, they ride up and sit awkwardly. There are too many loose, soft, brittle bits all over him really. The wire tubes on their legs have both come out on mine.

Picked up Stantz and Zeddemore. First time I've bought a Ghostbusters figure in 25 years. Feels great. I guess I'm in for all four now.

I'm still on the fence. these new ones looks awesome, I've been collecting the mattel ones for some years now. granted, mattel has a lot more selection, and WAY more ghosts and gadgets. yeah, they are more for kids you could say, the detail isn't nearly as good as these DS ones, but I heavily doubt DS will get around to making all the ghosts and stuff that mattel made. I think they pretty much made all the ghosts from the movies.

these have tons more detail and look better scaled and just all around look better, but will they ever get around to making slimblower figures from #2?

btw, just to add, I am one of those in favor of boycotting the recent cashgrab. its appauling. when I was forced to watched the abomination of a trailer during bvs, so many BOOOS were heard. ive never heard that before.

There are some things you just don't mess with....

I'm still on the fence. these new ones looks awesome, I've been collecting the mattel ones for some years now. granted, mattel has a lot more selection, and WAY more ghosts and gadgets. yeah, they are more for kids you could say, the detail isn't nearly as good as these DS ones, but I heavily doubt DS will get around to making all the ghosts and stuff that mattel made. I think they pretty much made all the ghosts from the movies.

these have tons more detail and look better scaled and just all around look better, but will they ever get around to making slimblower figures from #2?

I think Slimeblowers are a possibility, but we won't know until the first film is covered. I'd be all over them.

Matty might have a broader selection so far, but by the time DST are done they will have gone deeper into the first film than Matty did, at a more reasonable price and with a massive diorama to boot. Quality is just better in general. I'd argue Matty's Winston head was better, but the DST one is better in person. This will be the first line to have such a varied selection, with all major ghost characters in Gozer, Slimer, The Grey Lady and the Terror Dogs (done before but by different companies) and the only modern line to feature Janine. Doing alright for gadgets so far too. How long did we wait to get Ray's goggles for instance? If DST make enough money from these to move on to the second film, this line will damn sure be worth it.

Also worth noting that the Matty figures have a pretty good resale price too, if you decided to switch sides.

I just recently picked up ray and Winston at FYE, it was $50 but I just couldn't help it, they looked sooo much better then the mattel ones. These are the figures we all wanted years ago back in 2009 when mattel started releaseing there online exclusive figures.

The detail is incredible, the detail blows away evefrything about the mattel figures. and they come with EVERYTHING. no waiting around for the company to release special gadgets with "special" figures, remember buying marshmellow ray exclusive just to get the ectogoggles?? STUPID! but here you get everything, the trap, energy beam, goggles, gloved and non gloved hands, its just perfect. not to mention that awesome gozer diorama you can put together. that will be sweet.

some of the 6 inch acceories do work well with the 7 inch line, the containment unit seems to work well and doesn't look too small with these new guys. the ghosts from the 6 inch line don't look back either, but vigo does look a tad small for these guys, and he looked bigger. mattel did release more figures and more asscories, I wonder if the assecories that come with the courtroom egon with fit with these 7 inch figures ok. its a shame, mattel made more gadgets but i want to put them with these new awesome figures.

I do have to say, these new figures are so sweet, the detail is just amazing and no more pin headed ray! but the complaint is nowhere to put the energy beam, no hole or anything! also they are sorta top heavy so they like to fall over. and the hook for the wand while film accurate doesn't stay on good at all, it falls off. anyone know a good way to keep it from falling off when hooked?

I've seen a couple of people have added tiny magnets to great success..

I've done a complete 180 on these, I'm sad to say. The pics of series 2 have really put me off. I don't like the heads for Egon or Peter. While the detail is much sharper all around compared to Matty's offerings, the only portrait I prefer is Ray's. I might try the Matty ones again. They are getting rereleased alongside the '16 figures.

Started work on a replacement Ray head in Matty scale:

in some ways mattel did a better job with the sculpts, and I don't know if diamond select will get around to making figures and characters from the second film like mattel did. but I will agree, the sculpt for egon looks better by mattel so far, maybe in person it will be different.

when is the next series of figures supposed to be released though? how many waves of this are there going to be?

I don't think it's the sculpts - generally. I'm not keen on Louis or Egon sculpts, but I think it's the paint causing the major issues with characters like Ray and Dana. The paint is weak on the faces, although it's much better from the neck down. But I'm loving the diorama, and that, along with the details on the pack and wand, are making up for a lot of the paint issues for me. I just put up my review of wave 2 earlier this week:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-042716a.htm

As to how many - we know we need 3 more waves of 3 to complete the diorama, so I'd assume we'll get them. With wave 3 scheduled for October, that means one set in early 2017, the final after SDCC 17.

review_ghostbusters2_1.jpg

And I'd love to see some of these repainted, like Venkman.

Only the bottom shelf interests me. What are those? Is Matty re-releasing their old figures?

In other news, ANOVOS just announced their 1:1 scale proton pack. Kit costs $600. Alice frame and shoulder straps cost $40. An option for lights and sounds will be down the road. Not sure if I'll spring for this or wait for the fully completed pack. It appears this one is a DIY kit.

13087560_10154230924964214_4219217803713661787_n.png

Only the bottom shelf interests me. What are those? Is Matty re-releasing their old figures?

From what I understand, that's been Marty's plan, yes. And given the look, I get a feeling that these are going to see retail release. Which is going to make those who went through Matty collector livid.

That wouldn't shock me if that was Matty's plans. They have never shown any care to their collector fan base. If they're just rehashes, at least I'll save some coin. I really do not want to give Matty anymore of my money.

Back