New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same reason you think it will succeed. You can't explain why it will succeed. Odd. And what conclusion do you come up with? Elaborate.

I felt a gif expressed what my words could have as well. Relax. Not everyone will agree with you. It's ok.

Feig and McCarthys act is getting old and this movie is geared towards the crowd that loves his female comedies. My mom could care less about the OG, but really is looking forward to this.

Plus McCarthy plays the same part in every movie. Leslie Jones plays the same part on every SNL skit. That's why I think it will fail. It will be a typical Feig female comedy dressed up like Ghostbusters. Not a Ghostbusters film with female actresses. An all female cast has nothing to do with it. Blaming sexism is a lame excuse for people who can't handle the fact that people don't like the idea of a reboot or the director.

Hopefully that helps explain my side.

I just gave some factual reasons above why it's likely to succeed and just not be crap like some are saying. Some folks just look at them as comedies rather than "female" comedies as you call them. But you say sexism has nothing to do with it so whatever.

I love Bill Murray but he too is the same in all his movies. You are finding reasons to justify your opinion and they are only that, opinion. All Feig's movies are well received so far. 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, this is a fact. My opinion that it will be good is more water tight than your baseless fact opinion that its' going to be crap.

Your opinion = fact
Mine = crap.

Got it.

I'm actually trying to find the facts you posted that will guarantee this is great. Your facts sound like opinions as well. Success in the past does not guarantee success in the future. Just assumptions.

I liked Bridesmaids. Then it was like wash rinse repeat with McCarthy. She's like a female Chris Farley. Eventually it gets old.

And you're probably right. This will be the #1 movie for a week or two. Doesn't mean it's any good. You have a great time and buy all the merch. Hopefully that will encourage others to pump out more OG stuff.

Im moving on. I'm not one to get in pissing matches on the Internet. I'm glad you're looking forward to it. I am not.

Last edited:
I don't think it will fail financially. Unfortunately for some unknown reason Melissa McCarthy is a draw for a lead. I don't get it because she has zero range. She plays the same person in every movie and that person isn't funny.

I am not excited at all for this mainly over casting. I don't mind an all female cast...i actually think it is a neat idea. However they way they are going about it seems wrong imo. One of the women should have been a daughter to one of the original 4 and the rest could have been her friends or something. That would also allow the 3 originals to reprise their roles and not play new characters which is such a dumb idea.

I'll reserve more judgement until i see the trailer, but nothing about this movie looks hood except the casting of Wiig who can actually act.

Being a reboot has been the problem all along. I like Wiig. Not a fan of Jones or McCarthy. McKinnon is meh on SNL IMO. I admit I would probably have a much different opinion of this if they tied it to the original cast somehow. Something. Having all the original cast doing cameos kind of sucks, especially Murray's, because he wouldn't budge on doing a sequel, but is ok with this. Irks me that we can get them all together for this reboot instead of doing a proper sequel.

As for not seeing anything, I have seen every photo released. I'm not a fan of the uniforms or Ecto. Sure, they're just photos, but it gives you an idea. It's really too bad because I am a huge GB fan. For me, the series ended with the video game. That was a great sequel.

Being a reboot has been the problem all along. I like Wiig. Not a fan of Jones or McCarthy. McKinnon is meh on SNL IMO. I admit I would probably have a much different opinion of this if they tied it to the original cast somehow. Something. Having all the original cast doing cameos kind of sucks, especially Murray's, because he wouldn't budge on doing a sequel, but is ok with this. Irks me that we can get them all together for this reboot instead of doing a proper sequel.

As for not seeing anything, I have seen every photo released. I'm not a fan of the uniforms or Ecto. Sure, they're just photos, but it gives you an idea. It's really too bad because I am a huge GB fan. For me, the series ended with the video game. That was a great sequel.

Yeah the video game was great and your probably right thats where gb as a franchise should have ended but as we know as long as hollywood has bean counters they will always try and mess with the classics for a quick buck.

Like you i don't like the uniforms or the car(yes it makes that much of a difference) and the storyline well unless its something amazing we haven't seen before(and knowing hollywood nowadays it won't be) then I predict this movie will bomb big time.

Your opinion = fact
Mine = crap.

Got it.

Not saying your opinion crap. But I have given logical reasons like the film makers previous success why it might be good. You haven't. It's as simple as that.
You and few other seem determined to hate on this movie for less than clear reasons which is the point I am trying to make.

But hey we will know in a few months won't we.

Last edited:
Not saying your opinion crap. But I have given logical reasons like the film makers previous success why it might be good. You haven't. It's as simple as that.
You and few other seem determined to hate on this movie for less than clear reasons which is the point I am trying to make.

But hey we will know in a few months won't we.

The reasons to feel pessimistic are clear if you aren't a fan of Feig's movies. The guy could have a bullet-proof track record with critics (he doesn't), but that would mean nothing if you don't like his style.

The fact that the film is a full reboot turns a lot of people off too. It's hard to imagine how that was necessary at this point.

I quite like the cast. Nothing makes me eager to see the film though.

I believe my reasons for not liking this are clear. Just because someone doesn't agree with them doesn't make them wrong. There is no right or wrong answer.

Anyways, back to what this thread is really about. Have the Ray, Winston and Louis figures completely vanished from TRU? Mine never had them in stock. Just curious if these were always supposed to be a small run before the deluxe sets were released.

I personally enjoyed The Heat, Bridemades and Spy.
Harold and Dan get a writing credit and the other writer did Parks and Recreation.
These are all Saturday Night live peeps just the the boys were in the 80's.

Off the top of my head, Ivan Reitman did three good movies and even more crappy ones.

Given all that, I see no reason at all aside from sexism for this movie to be labeled as crap by some before any footage.
I think Aykroyd and Ramis only get credit due to their having written the original, and SNL now isn't nearly what it was at its peak in the late '70s. Though Reitman made some terrible movies, he was at the height of his creative talents when he did Stripes and Ghostbusters.

So, I personally don't think the analogy of comparing the pieces in place here to those with the original film go all that far. The original was, well, original. This one was a top-down decision--execs thought a GB remake/reboot was in order, then shopped around for someone to take it on. So, it is working like a sitcom in many ways. And maybe that's a good thing considering that it has writers who have worked in those contexts previously. The original was Aykroyd's brainchild, refined by Ramis and Reitman's involvement as a new and interesting concept.

But I wouldn't be shocked if the new one is good. I am extremely skeptical that it can hold a candle to the original, but the original was one the greatest comedies ever made in my opinion. And it does invite comparisons since it is a reboot of course, so those comparisons are fair.

None of the arguments seem fair or reasonable to me. GB was an 1984 movie, based and shot in 1984 New York. One of the main actors is dead. That world is gone. You could argue a case for basing a sequel in 1984 sure but much of what made that movie special is gone.

There was no way I can see to ever bring that back. It was a movie of it's time.

I am not expecting it to come near the original, it could never anyways but it could at least be good.

The original movie is not going anywhere. This new movie will not erase the old movie.

The original was, well, original.

I'll just put this here....
FilmationGhostbusters.jpg

I had found the TRU versions of series 1, and now after seeing the packaging for the deluxe figures, I PO'd series 1 and 2 thru BBTS. Don't know if I will sell one set down the road or open the deluxe for the diorama. Decisions decisions.

Really not liking that Venkman head sculpt. I do love all the accessories though. Somewhere between these are the Mattel one are the perfect ghostbusters figure.

Apart from the name, and the fact that both are comedies of a sort, there's pretty much nothing to connect those two franchises. This one had some cool toys, though.

and apart from the fact they catch ghosts from a low rent base of operations, trap the ghosts with homemade tech and have a special car to chase after the ghosts. ;)

I am just challenging your the point that Ghostbusters was so "original" that this new movie should be regarded as front to that by some.

Is Eamon still waiting for someone to say it's going to suck because women are playing the roles and women have cooties?

Is Eamon still waiting for someone to say it's going to suck because women are playing the roles and women have cooties?

yes, because I am totally barking up the wrong tree here ain't I?!

Folks are being unfair in this movie. I call it like I see it. Folks should be big enough to have that pointed out especially when the defense of said point of view doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I think folks are being just as unfair as they normally are when a movie that represents such an important piece of their childhood is being remade. I would feel the same way about Gremlins and BTTF. Hell, I felt the same way about TMNT but ended up seeing it because my kids did and actually enjoyed it. As far as the 4 Ghostbusters, the only one I just can't stand is McCarthy...I find Wiig to be funny, and I don't know anything about the other 2. My disdain comes from my memories and personal attachments to a film from my youth. It's fairly common for us to hold onto things like that as we get older.

Back