New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparing a bully vs. victim to Mattel vs. Toy collectors is quite an asinine thing to do... sorry...

But yeah, Mattel is not sweating it... But they want to keep the license alive in case a new movie is done.

They will perhaps re-think the strategy, and offer a different path. I really hope so.
If they offered Ecto-1 without lights and sounds, I already have a guy that can do that for me! :D

Earlier you were arguing we should pre-order just in case, but now you want to actually hurt them through placing misleading pre-orders :lol I'm sorry Matty has offended some of you so badly. I love Ghostbusters, and wish they produced more stuff I wanted in a way that made sense. But I'm not going to act in a petty and vindictive way toward them just because I don't like some of what they do.

Yes I said pre-order and force them to make something that is worth the price they're charging. If they fail to do so cancel and they will get the message about doing business this way. There is nothing petty or vindictive about that. They're the ones claiming they'll make an Ecto that's worth $215. They're the ones telling people they could cancel their pre-order if they weren't happy with the final product. For better or worse, whatever ended up happening would have been on them.

You clearly didn't think they could deliver, but at the end of the day you don't have a crystal ball, so all you were doing is speculating. I see no reason not to have given them the benefit of the doubt since it posed no risk to me. Why not give them the chance to put their money where their mouth is? Cause you don't want to "play their game"? That seems a lot more petty than what I've been saying.

The bully analogy doesn't really work for me, because you can always simply choose not to pay attention to what Matty does, and then it literally would not affect you. Of course, if you're in a situation receiving some kind of abuse from another person, you don't have that luxury and have to respond in some way.

It's easy to say "Well just don't pay attention to them", but it's not that simple for many of the fans of Ghostbusters or MOTU or whatever else they offer because Matty has the market cornered, and many people love the properties enough to put up with the BS on Matty's end.

But beyond that, I don't think actually "screwing" Matty, if it happened, would have the effect you seem to think it would. If only 25% of those who pre-ordered actually intended to buy a given product, and then did so, while the others pre-ordered sat as dead stock, Matty may simply not do anything for the collectors of that license ever again. Doesn't seem like collectors win in that situation. Unless a petty, shallow win of costing a multi-billion dollar company a hundred grand or so is a real victory for some.

Matty would only get screwed if they failed to deliver a product worth the asking price. Quality sells. If it didn't Hot Toys wouldn't be able to get away with selling 1:6 vehicles for over $600. If Matty made good on their claims the Ecto-1 would have had no problem selling. If Matty failed to deliver and lost 75% of their pre-orders that would be on them, and they'd have to realize they screwed the pooch because they had interested buyers on the line and they lost them.

And even if it resulted in them not pursuing the line any further, how would we be in any worse of a situation than we're currently in? You honestly think there's any chance of seeing new 6 inch GB product after this dismal failure? I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think this seals the line's fate for good. Props are a whole other bag of worms and would not be affected one way or the other by what happened with the Ecto. Matty clearly recognizes the market for the props, hence why they actually had a prototype for the wand as opposed to a cardboard cutout and pre-order system.

Well, well...
Guess they found a way to release these guys...
that's how they should've been since the beginning...

Ghostbusters™ 2014 30th Anniversary 2-Packs

Four new figures from the first Ghostbusters™ movie arrive in late summer of 2014! Each 2-pack will include two 6″ figures featuring new torsos with two removable proton packs, two snap-on proton streams, and two “no ghost” logo stands. This 2-pack comes in window box 30th Anniversary packaging.

Pack 1: Ray Stantz™ and Egon Spengler™ Figures
Pack 2: Peter Venkman™ and Winston Zeddemore™ Figures

Ghostbusterssideshot.jpg

Ghostbustersbackshot.jpg

These were developed for the Ecto-1, I guess Mattel thought they would definitely sell the pre-orders, so these were already tooled... so now they have to recoup some of their losses...

Still a weird release...

I will get these because I don't have the original Winston figure, and now it's like $100 dollars online :( So finally I can get a better version of winston. Also, they might make an Ecto 1 one day. They said they would not realese these figures, and now we are getting them, so who knows? If they make the Ecto1, then these figures will go well with it.

I have every single Matty Release, but these are a pass for me. No point in getting these if there is no Ecto to go with it. Like it was said before, I wouldn't pose without the packs anyways.

I sold my original set a few years ago so I'll probably get these.

Matty are constantly raising the bar at being an awful company.

I only ever picked up the Xmas set (for a horrendous ebay price) but I'd bite on these if this Ray had the less squished head. As they're finally including enough streams and bases, it'd be nice if they threw in the other gadgets (PKE, Trap) to make these definitive. It's not like they're paying for new tooling any more.

Back