New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just missed out on getting all 4 12" ghostbusters on ebay. Went for £137.00. A bargain i know, well pissed off now :(

I think the rumor came around after they cancelled the Club Ecto 1. The number of subscribers just wasn't there. I don't remember them saying the line was canceled so much as that they would be spacing the figures out more.

Shame either way if you ask me. I still want a partner for my Scoleri Brother and the other two courtroom Ghostbusters. I'd also like Terror Dogs, Gozer, and Tully in GB uniform.

Mattel Ghostbusters question

I heard that Zuul/Dana figure is going to be a Con Excl any one know if this is true?
If this is so what does that mean for us in the UK who have stuck by this line and paid high shipping prices to buy direct from Mattycollector.com.

Re: Mattel Ghostbusters question

I heard that Zuul/Dana figure is going to be a Con Excl any one know if this is true?
If this is so what does that mean for us in the UK who have stuck by this line and paid high shipping prices to buy direct from Mattycollector.com.
Basically it means Matty doesn't care about their customers and want to continue screwing them over every chance they get.

But seriously, I think they usually have a bunch of leftovers for sale on the mattycollector site after SDCC. I think that is what they did the last couple years for the MOTUC line. I'm guessing they will do the same this year, but i can't guarantee it.

I don't think Dana will sell out all that fast. . .but by the time you are able to actually check out from their site on the day the con exclusives go up, she probably will be :lol

Does anyone have a Toys R Us near them that has the latest Real Ghostbusters minimates still? I never saw them at my local TRU.

It's the two packs of:

Stay Puft & Louis Tully
Evil Slimer & Sandman
Logo Ghost & Killerwatt

Any help would be fantastic!

I always find that the SDCC Exclusives and sale items are not available to customers in the UK and i want my Dana/Zuel.I bought my subscription only for Mattel to go and cancel it.

Well... not surprised...
but this really sucks... they really dropped the ball on character selection IMO... they should've done RGB figures and ghosts...

Toyguru said:
After we did not recieve enough sub holders in 2012, we could not get additional development resources for more figures so we move the most fan demanded figure that was already in development to the SDCC slot. Fans really do vote with their purchase and the sub not selling was a big red flagthat we don't have enough customers for the 6" GB line right now.

Honestly, had GB sold in the realm of MOTUC or DCU we could talk more figures, but at the end of the day, we just don't have enough customers to keep the line going. Only the core movie 1 figures sold at the numbers we needed, and really of thes eonly Peter did well. After that, all figures, including fan demanded figures like Vigo, just did not sell the number of units we needed to produce more figures. We can only make figures when their is a customer base buying them.

Maybe in a movie year when GB returns to the public spot light can we revisit more figures.

Yeah, the constant rehashes didn't do much for me, and mixing up the line with more colorful characters from the cartoon (which some folks would have been nostalgic about, considering that the old toys were based off the cartoon) could have been a good movie. Sounds like a damn lie to say that the first Egon didn't sell, though. He sold out reasonably quickly. Anyways. . .not overly surprising. This was not one of their more successful lines, and they are a business.

All of the figures they put up sold out in one day. Mattel not making enough to meet demand is considerably differant then them not selling.

Ghostbusters with no ghosts, needing to buy the ready to believe you variants just to get a ghost was about as retarded as you can get. No surprises here, and honestly whats left to do? The other scoleri brother is the only ghost we didn't get no? I wouldn't have minded Video game ghosts but packaged with what? Another Venkman variant with a slightly differant pack. Theres not really anything left to make aside from props.

All of the figures they put up sold out in one day.
I distinctly remember seeing some of those variants hanging around for a good while, though. And the fact that they had "sales" clearing out stock suggests that when they did list them as "sold out," they weren't always being truthful. The SDCC Egon did sell out within a day, though, and it was believable to me because it was the first release and a con exclusive.

Back