New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a problem with them re-releasing things to meet demand. But re-releasing something in almost the exact same way but with improvements kind of sucks for those who shelled out the money for the earlier, more basic figures.

So they're gonna re-release the 1/6th scale GB 1 figures again, with proton streams?

Where did you see that?

This is the only 1/6th reference I seen from the announcement, "4: We also have 2 GB2 12" 2-packs coming out this year (that was a lot of 2s!). The first will be Winston and Peter in April. Both packs will come with a TON of 12" accessories including protonstreams!"

That's referring to new 1/6th figures from Ghostbusters 2.

Where did you see that?

This is the only 1/6th reference I seen from the announcement, "4: We also have 2 GB2 12" 2-packs coming out this year (that was a lot of 2s!). The first will be Winston and Peter in April. Both packs will come with a TON of 12" accessories including protonstreams!"

The only new thing will be the accessories, they come also with all the stuff from the first release which sucks, because I don't need another GB1 outfit... I might buy those parts loose I guess...

So, just to be clear as it seems some are confused, the proto-stream comes with the GB2 12" figures ONLY...?

It's pictured on the GB1 Venkman but I'm supposing that it's from the Winston GB2 standing next to him... that the stream fits all.

Where did you see that?

I'm referring to this picture:

2011-ny-toyfare-mattel-gb2-winston-peter.jpg
Even if they package that Venkman in a GB2 box, it's still basically the GB1 Venkman. Though it could be they were only using him for demonstration purposes. Proton stream actually looks a bit silly now that I pay it some attention.

Even if they package that Venkman in a GB2 box, it's still basically the GB1 Venkman. Though it could be they were only using him for demonstration purposes. Proton stream actually looks a bit silly now that I pay it some attention.

See post directly above yours.

And it does look silly, it will never look good. Best to pose figs without "lightning" that's supposed to be glowing.

I'm referring to this picture:

Oh, okay I see it now. I was only paying attention to Winston in that pic and didn't notice the proton stream on the GB1 Venkman. I don't think I'll be buying this if it's just a repackaged GB1 Venkman with a few extra new accessories with a GB2 logo slapped on the box.

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=16919

In April we will see the release of a 12" 2-pack that features Winston and Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters 2. The prototypes for these shown today had the wrong head on for Winston and the wrong uniform on for Peter. This set will have a ton of accessories including a possessed toaster. This will cost $120. There will be a second 12" 2-pack revealed at SDCC.

love the minimates, may be tempted by the slimer blower 1/6 but im not buying another set of gb1 1/6 figures

Mattel are having a laugh if they think i'm gonna buy more 1/6 scale figures.
I already resent have three Venkmans.

I am totally sold on the Kotoboykuya statue though.

Flippen Proton Pack man!! I;d spend $150 I think!

$150? :lol

Something tells me it will cost considerably more then 2 PKE meters. I would happily spend $500 if it had lights and sounds like the PKE.

A real nice pack with lights and sounds brand new custom made is about $3,000.

I know a ton of the guys at GBfans would also jump on somthing at a fraction of that. Theres already fans there saying they'd pick up an entire set of 4.

Flippen Proton Pack man!! I;d spend $150 I think!

no way dude... if we're lucky this would be around the $400.00 range methinks...
BTW, got any news for me my friend? :pray:

$150? :lol

Something tells me it will cost considerably more then 2 PKE meters. I would happily spend $500 if it had lights and sounds like the PKE.

A real nice pack with lights and sounds brand new custom made is about $3,000.

I know a ton of the guys at GBfans would also jump on somthing at a fraction of that. Theres already fans there saying they'd pick up an entire set of 4.

Most I would spend would be $350.00...
a couple of years ago Master Replicas were looking into making proton packs and traps, but apparently the price range was ridiculous...
but after the amazing job Matty did with the PKE meter, I'm optimistic that they can deliver! :rock!

no way dude... if we're lucky this would be around the $400.00 range methinks...
BTW, got any news for me my friend? :pray:

Most I would spend would be $350.00...
a couple of years ago Master Replicas were looking into making proton packs and traps, but apparently the price range was ridiculous...
but after the amazing job Matty did with the PKE meter, I'm optimistic that they can deliver! :rock!

Yea I remember MR failing to deliver but in all fairness, GB fans have their heads further up their own asses then any other fanbase in existance when it comes to accuracy crap. Can't blame them for opting out with the retarded expectations some of them have like diameter for resistance knobs or w/e.

I read somewhere and saw on the mattel presentation on youtube, that the Winston's Head on that GB2 12inch figure is the wrong one. It is supposed to be similar to the 6 inch GB2 Winston head. Also, they said that Peter had the wrong suit on for the display. He is supposed to have the GB2 suit. These were confirmed by the main guy at Mattel too.

Back