New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i totally want the scalari brothers lol. but i really want viggo too, heck, if they can make a containment grid, maybe with one figure they can include the painting from GB 2.

well if they do eventualy make stand alone ghosts then the scaleri bros will be in their i bet, they are pretty important interms of the film role. they are 1st ghosts the guys bust which gets them back in business.

and yeah a viggo with the painting would be cool i reckon.

i totally want the scalari brothers lol. but i really want viggo too, heck, if they can make a containment grid, maybe with one figure they can include the painting from GB 2.

This unexplained hiatus for the Ghostbusters figures is just asinine. It's been said by many others at this point, but it bears repeating, Mattel is seriously making some missteps with this line. They're already in the stage of laziness that you'd expect with a line on life support that they no longer are very concerned about.

The response to the 6" figures themselves is extremely positive, the main stopping blocks for people are $30 a figure and the fear of an incomplete set...which in conjunction could somewhat lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy on the latter point. People are nervous because of the high price and slow schedule, so they don't buy, creating low sales and cutting the life of the line short. Why didn't Mattel release a figure a month? We could've already had the four guys and everyone would be happy! Just instilling that excitement and confidence in consumers could help alleviate the pain of $30 a figure.

Mattel keeps talking about ideas for side characters, variants, ghosts, Real Ghostbusters figures...but nothing's gonna happen at this rate. Three year contract...at their current schedule, that means 15 figures in the entire line.

Or if Mattel insists on lame, half-hearted quarterly releases for the Ghostbuster line...what do they have against releasing waves of figures? Why should it be different with an online store vs. brick-and-mortar? Other than of course, Mattel can get much more money..which isn't to be overlooked. But seriously, release three new figures instead of one. Instill that confidence that you believe and are excited about the Ghostbusters line and cut down the cost of shipping per figure a lot. Walter Peck wouldn't be nearly the black hole some people see him as if he was being released alongside two other figures. That would make him a lot easier to buy, having him be a part of a much more attractive package. When he's all we have to look forward to for months...surprise, surprise, he doesn't set the world on fire as much as the main characters.

Just a tiny tiny implementation of smart psychology could make all the difference. It's amazing to me. Mattel certainly seems to be greedy, with their outrageous costs and smart-shopping prohibitive release schedule, when in fact I think they are cheating themselves out of a lot more money by failing to think this through more.

Well said, JRSly. Mattel is unfortunately unsurpassed when it comes to screwing up a sure-fire money-maker. The fact that the 6" inch action figures re-use 80% of the same body parts means that they could have probably released all four Ghostbusters as a single boxed set. I would have definitely grabbed one had that been the case.

i totaly agree, the time period for releases sucks and yeah they could have released each of the main guys either 2 amonth or in a set of 4, or just all 4 at once.

Especially that Twenty plus dollar price tag, Ghostbusters is great, but these figures are not worth twenty bucks...7-8$ would be ideal.

Especially that Twenty plus dollar price tag, Ghostbusters is great, but these figures are not worth twenty bucks...7-8$ would be ideal.

Are you kidding?
Hasbro 3 3/4 " figs are going for $8.99-9.99...
I think the prices are OK for long overdue kick ass Ghosbusters!!! :rock!

Besides, it's Mattel... so I don't expect them to make any sense at all,
I'm just glad we have these figures...

I'm glad too, don't get me wrong. But I think the whole market is so screwed up right now. They're toys, and little 4" figures should not be costing almost $10 a pop.

Received my Egon today. He's pretty much the same as Ray except his head is a little wobbly at some points depending on his head position. Not quite as stiff as Ray's. Also mine had a slight loose lower left knee which can be fixed easily. Other than that, a decent sculpt of Ramis. I think it's the paint apps that make it so doll/cartoony. PKE meter is cool with the flip out function. Oh yeah, they also rubber band the end of the pants so that it doesn't pop out of the boots.

Anybody else who got theirs do you have the same issues as I did? Just wondering.

Last edited:
ok BIG problem here:

my ray 6" figure has a hard cord on the proton pack, the cord thatr connects the wand and pack. egons is perfect, its soft and easily moves around. however, my ray has a harder cord, and at least 3 times already the cord around the wand snapped off and i had to glue it back. i tried to boil just the cord part but it only went soft for a few minutes and when it dried it went back to normal again. what can i do to make the cord soft so i can move hang the wand on the proton pack without worrying about it breaking off?

WELL/ fasten your seatbelts cause that's exactly what they are doing! LOL!

NO WAY! i do not want a new cast......but i also dont want to just see geezer busters. i mean, unless you want something like this:

20 years later.........

bad job, but you get the point. it just wouldnt work.

ok BIG problem here:

my ray 6" figure has a hard cord on the proton pack, the cord thatr connects the wand and pack. egons is perfect, its soft and easily moves around. however, my ray has a harder cord, and at least 3 times already the cord around the wand snapped off and i had to glue it back. i tried to boil just the cord part but it only went soft for a few minutes and when it dried it went back to normal again. what can i do to make the cord soft so i can move hang the wand on the proton pack without worrying about it breaking off?
I hate that too, I'll be disappointed if Egon's the only figure with the good rubbery consistency. Mine hasn't snapped yet, but I'm dreading the day it surely will. I've tried to think what might be a good replacement hose, but not come up with anything.

Also on the subject of Mattel, where the hell's my order confirmation Matty? I don't understand why the last couple orders have been so slow to go through for me. To not get instant confirmation from a huge company lke Mattel is pretty ridiculous. I better have Winston and Egon before Christmas.

wow, glad to know its not just me who has that cord problem. is it on all the rays or just some of them? yeah i hope wintson has a better cord.

actually, i got my order confirmation, now im just waiting for my shipment confirmation. how long does THAT ussually take after you recieve the order confirmation?

yeah, the cord on ray sucks. I fixed mine like this:
I cut out a small tip of a paper clip. Drilled a hole on the pack and hose (if you don't have a rottary tool you can use a needle or the same paper clip) and then use your crazy glue to put a small drop on the pack and on the hose. There you go. It will never snap again. Never ever for ever and ever amen! :)

Back