New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Murphy was doing movies like beverly hills cop, trading places(one of my all time favs) and 48 hours at the time, movies which still stand up today so i think its fair to say he would have added much to ghostbusters.

As for belushi i actually think he would have been awesome in ghostbusters. He's got such dead pan lines in blues brothers and played so well off aykroyd in that movie i think its a shame he wasn't in it with dan again. But then we're all so used to seeing murray in it we can't imagine what it would be like without him in it.

Murphy was doing movies like beverly hills cop, trading places (one of my all time favs) and 48 hours at the time, movies which still stand up today so i think its fair to say he would have added much to ghostbusters.

BHC & 48 Hours were and still are great movies, but Eddie (and Dan) really were at their best in Trading Places. Definitely my favorite of the three. Even Denholm Elliott had some great lines... "Eggnog, anyone?" :rotfl

Eddie could have gone either way. 1) making it better or 2) completely ruining it. I'm not sure.

I personaly believe though that if Belushi was in it instead of Bill Murray that the movie would have completely sucked donkey balls.

I'm gonna have to agree with Belushi part. I loved him in Blues Brothers and Animal House of course. But it's just the way that Bill Murray interacts with Sigourney Weaver and William Atherton that makes me love this movie even more. Bill is just hilarious in his "love scenes" with Sigourney, and I also love that he Atherton had a genuine feeling of anomosity towards each other in the film. So I imagine if Belushi was is those scenes, it probably would have been funny in a different way, but it wouldn't have the same impact that Bill does.

Besides, do you think Belushi would have been able to jump over that rail to offer his services to the lovely Dana Barret "the nice lady who paid in advance before she became a dog"?

Besides, do you think Belushi would have been able to jump over that rail to offer his services to the lovely Dana Barret "the nice lady who paid in advance before she became a dog"?

Belushi would have done his own thing. Again, it's not appropriate to just imagine him doing things the exact same way Murray did them.

I've never been one of these "I can't imagine BLANK playing X" people. "Ghostbusters" is practically perfect the way it is but that's not to say that it wouldn't have been just as good with John Belushi and Eddie Murphy.

Belushi would have done his own thing. Again, it's not appropriate to just imagine him doing things the exact same way Murray did them.

I've never been one of these "I can't imagine BLANK playing X" people. "Ghostbusters" is practically perfect the way it is but that's not to say that it wouldn't have been just as good with John Belushi and Eddie Murphy.

John Candy was also set to be Louis Tulley. I love John, but I'm very thankful it didn't happen.

Rick improvised a number of lines, including at the party that ended up being some of the funniest parts of the film.

Nope, it's actually weird because it says DCL Corp,
usually they come under Mattycollector/Digital River...
And the tracking number doesn't show on UPS yet...
Guess I'll have to wait and see...

I got something from them too but didn't read the email yet. Didn't know what it was for.

I think belushi's deadpan humour would have been perfect for ghostbusters. Belushi played off akyroyd so well in blues bros it would have been a winner all round but unfortunately i guess we'll never know

Wow, Im sortof p'od that this didnt sell out , given the hassle of going through the web page hang ups :( Does anyone know the edition size of this ? or is it unlimited ???

I wonder how Ray sales will affect the other edition sizes of the remaining Ghostbusters .........................

Wow, Im sortof p'od that this didnt sell out , given the hassle of going through the web page hang ups :( Does anyone know the edition size of this ? or is it unlimited ???

I wonder how Ray sales will affect the other edition sizes of the remaining Ghostbusters .........................

Why?... Last time it took days for Egon to sell out, and half of those were sold @ SDCC...
This aren't high end low edition collectibles...
I'm guessing there are at least 6-7k of the 6" Rays, and about 4k-5k 12" Rays...

I'm sure the fear of a quick sell out comes from the way the Masters of the Universe figures disappear almost instantly, but MOTU is a whole other animal.

Got mine too. Still listed as "Receiving Billing Information." Got taxed so I guess they have a location in Calif. Hope that means it will get here Monday. Four pounds and $10.55. SS is a little more.

That's a fear of a lot of fans.

Why?... Last time it took days for Egon to sell out, and half of those were sold @ SDCC...
This aren't high end low edition collectibles...
I'm guessing there are at least 6-7k of the 6" Rays, and about 4k-5k 12" Rays...

Remember though Egon had a "much smaller" edition size according to Mattel.

i think we all seem to panic tho, i knw i do and did because i always fear i wont get my order in and unable to get one, im guessing they may be enough of them. yeah they aint too rare, but i think what makes them hard to get is u can only get em frm matty, unless u wanna pay well over full wack off ebay.

Back