New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...target pissed me off today. I've seen these new ghostbusters on clearance for several weeks there. I saw the movie and decided to buy an Jillian Holtzman as she was my fave of the movie. Someone had gone in and pealsed the clearance stickers off of ALL of the Ghostbusters merch. And it was obvious too, there pieces of the clearance tags still on every figure. So I picked up a jillian brought it to an target worker and was told they are not on clearance. I explained to her the tag situation and how i'd seen them on clearance for the past few weeks. She thought it was just THAT character or certain ones. I told her they were ALL like this. She got mad and was like,"well, I guess they told us to put them back to regular price". WTF happened? My hypothesis is that the toys weren't moving so everybody put them on clearance, then the movie came out, they sold and everybody put them back up to regular price? WTF? Has this ever happened before? I mean, they weren't on sale they were on CLEARANCE. This seems unprecedented.

Yeah this happened with the marvel legends figures, Dyson vacuums , and video games.

I think this might be a rare case of the merch not moving until the movie actually hits. Seems like with most tentpoles, they put out the toys a few months early, it moves a bunch, slows down, picks up slightly when the film hits, then sits there until it either gets clearance out or it sells through Christmas time due to the large influx of sales/customers. A buddy of mine at Walmart works in the toy department. They had all the ghostbusters stuff a week ago. I asked him where it all went. He said, people bought them. I guess nobody really did want these till the film hit. Everybody was in "wait and see" mode.

Unless of course this was Mattel jumping the gun and getting product out prematurely.

This would not be the first time this has happened either. This is actually what happened to Bravestarr and why that toy line flopped. Mattel released figures way before the animated movie was released. I am sure there are more recent examples.

Last edited:
Folks trashed this movie because it had women, then it was trashed due to a trailer and now the actors are getting seriously offending crap slung at them with the latest being Leslie getting racist remarks.

Sorry but to say that there is a "crazy the amount of intolerance coming from both sides" is just ludicrous.

It's very much one sided and that side is full of hate, sexism and racism.
There is way more to this story than that. Sony has gone to great lengths to paint the narrative that misogyny was the problem in the first place. The information is out there. Look it up.

There is way more to this story than that. Sony has gone to great lengths to paint the narrative that misogyny was the problem in the first place. The information is out there. Look it up.

That's how this got started? By Sony painting a narrative?

I went to Target today and it looks like the got one more Holtzmann in. It had a clearance sticker on it that showed $9.98, but when I scanned it the price showed up as $20.00. When I went to the check-out I told the clerk about the clearance sticker, and she changed the price back to $9.98.
I'm glad I found it before they removed the clearance sticker.
Now I just need to find the other three figures.

Does anyone know how to remove the residue left on the figure's cardboard box from a clearance sticker? I'm planning on keeping mine in the package.

The youtube title is "Sony hits back at Fan backlash." So, backlash first... then response.

But let's step back. And set aside this misogynism allegation against fans.

So what was the problem with the GB reboot that caused SO much angst? Of course with the obvious knowledge that Bill Murray is 65 and Harold Ramis is deceased.

So let's start there.

Now keep in mind - 99% of the backlash occurred before the movie itself was seen. And 75% of it was before even the trailer was seen.

Respectfully, You can feel however you like. My point was things aren't as simple as they want you to believe. You sought clarification of my comments. Those two videos among numerous other sources make a pretty good case as to why.

Personally... My problem with the GB reboot is simple, I'm done with remakes, reboots and soft reboots.

Last edited:
So it seems there is some confusion with the new 1/6 figures with two companies announcing the brand.

I wonder if we will see anything new from Mattel or Diamond Select at SDCC.

So it seems there is some confusion with the new 1/6 figures with two companies announcing the brand.

I wonder if we will see anything new from Mattel or Diamond Select at SDCC.
Diamond Select typically focuses on another convention for unveiling most of its new stuff. But there may be a few things here or there.

Blitzway was one but I just thought the other guys, Soldier Story, who also had new movie 1:6 were unlicensed?

They are flippen good though I think.

13699976_1225262454181038_333473890559140943_n.jpg

Folks trashed this movie because it had women, then it was trashed due to a trailer and now the actors are getting seriously offending crap slung at them with the latest being Leslie getting racist remarks.

Sorry but to say that there is a "crazy the amount of intolerance coming from both sides" is just ludicrous.

It's very much one sided and that side is full of hate, sexism and racism.

No it's not... Sony made it a marketing device which is quite pathetic IMO... all of the sudden, yeah it's a "feminist movie" which it's not...
The people making money are the same white rich men as always!

Also, didn't you see al the hate geared towards that reviewer that decided NOT to review the movie and posted a very calm and intelligent video? He got threats and got bullied just as bad...

Richard Roeper was called a sexist, he was bullied and people were asking for him to quit reviewing movies. And pretty much anybody that says anything remotely negative of the movie, is called upon...

Paul Fieg's response to the whole thing has been very combative also, he should've taken the high road, he could learn a thing or two from Zack Snyder.

Though I agree there has been plenty of bad blood from "fans" the reaction has been just as bad, besides the movie is full of racism, sexism and hate... so... :dunno

Mattel just reported that the 'new-line' Ghostbusters 2016 are selling well. The children's demographic gave the movie a 4.5/5

Good.

I liked the new movie, I want more Ghostbusters product--original, animated, and new. This bodes well for Ghostbusters collectors.

Back