New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

My 11 Tardis arrived today and i've got to admit im quite disapointed in it. The inner lights that are absent compared to the earlier model doesn't bother me majorly, im bothered by the whole feel of the thing. I have it set up next to my McCoy Tardis and in comparison the 11th looks very plastic, it has a gloss paint that doesnt help give the impression its supposed to be wood, the inside floor is a reuse of the old model and like that it inaccurate. The fake blacked out windows actual add to the impression that this is a cheap toy, and the front white sign is a sticker that was poorly stuck (fixed now however), why not use real windows like on the McCoy version? in my eyes the McCoy version looks spot on with the wood looking like it was painted in scale and made in the 80's. One thing the 11's Tardis does do well is have a very bright and loud sound and light features which do well to mess about with for 5 mins or so.

Isn't this actually a re-hash of the Flight Control Tardis? Those are a bit larger anyway and look more toy-like. I hope they release a new one with a Matt Smith figure. Also how's the color? In the show the blue is very dark navy blue.

While we are on the subject of cheap Tardis toys that are crap compared to the previous versions:

tardis1.jpg

tardis2.jpg

Almost everything (including the doors) are just a cardbaord insert. Also, no lights, sounds, or moving time rotor.

Isn't this actually a re-hash of the Flight Control Tardis? Those are a bit larger anyway and look more toy-like. I hope they release a new one with a Matt Smith figure. Also how's the color? In the show the blue is very dark navy blue.

I think the colour is spot on to the show, its very dark navy. It is a rehash of the last model but with less features, the only thing on this one that lights up is the latern while on the last one the whole inside lit up.

And wow Shadow that thing is awful, i wonder why the new series are getting shoddy playsets and accessories. That looks nothing like the Tardis of the show what so-ever.

In fairness the console room from the last series was so cluttered that there was no way an official one would be super accurate without going to a "collector" pricepoint as opposed to one for "kids".

At the bare minimum though they should have maintained the same features that the previous playset had. Like lights, sounds, and a moving time rotor.

In fairness the console room from the last series was so cluttered that there was no way an official one would be super accurate without going to a "collector" pricepoint as opposed to one for "kids".

Perhaps but that thing looks like Barbi's Dream House.

Perhaps but that thing looks like Barbi's Dream House.

I wouldn't know! :lol

It does suck that there's no electronics but it's entirely irrelevant to me as I wouldn't buy one even if it had.

I think with a bit better paint app's and some electronics it could be saved from being total poo like it is currently. I quite liked the orginal playset, my brother had bits of one i remember and while i had no idea about Doctor Who and dismissed it as a childs pap i still thought it was cool looking. My dog decided to munch up my 5th doctors sonic screwdriver this lunch when a freak disaster sent Davidson, McCoy and Eccleston tumbling to the floor, luckiliy thats all he ate and i presume he ate it since i caught him munching away at one of my Jakks WWE figures.

The center cone deal on the console looks like a blunt with smoke resonating from it.

i just ordered an 11th tardis , Matt Smith doctor, Amy and a sonic screwdriver. I guess that Rory will be in wave 2?

Ah but will it be Rory or Auton Rory?

maybe both? I didn't like Rory to start with , but he's grown on me, bless the bumbling idiot. lol

River from The Pandorica Opens in her Han solo looking gear would be cool too.

Ok boys and girls, the eleven doctors boxset is out....i saw it in the window of the bbc store as i was walking to the train tonight, sadly after they were shut so i couldn't buy it....but what i could tell from seeing it in the window is that the sculpts and paint apps are much better that the proto pics....very cool indeed, hopefully someone will grab one of these soon now they know they're out there.

Weighing up whether to order the 11 doctors set from play.com or buy my mum a birthday present haha, i'd hate to miss out on the set and mum always has a birthday every year!

Apparently FPI are now shipping their first lot of orders of the 11 Doctor box set so I should get mine fairly soon :)

I picked up my 11 Doctors set from FP London a couple of days ago.

It is awesome, but in my opinion the QC is variable. I rifled through about 12 sets before I found one with a Seeds of Doom Tom that I was happy with, as they nearly all seemed to have worried or scared looking eyebrows. Mine thankfully looks a bit more like he's just staring into space, but the eye paint is still not perfect:

DSCN5695.jpg

I really like the overal figure though, I think it's the best Tom yet.

Sadly my McGann figure has a few problems with his legs:

DSCN5682.jpg

I don't think much of the paint job on this either, it's too dark and doesn't really look like McGann at all.

The rest of the figures are great though, absolutely perfect. The Pertwee in particular is awesome:

DSCN5666.jpg

And the new 10th Doctor sculpt is a big improvement.

After all the expensive exclusives it's also nice to have a set which is such excellent value, at about £4.50 per figure.

Back