New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I didnt realise the 10th was a new sculpt, shame about your McGann however can you not exchange it?

Here's what I think of the box set which arrived this morning,

1st Doctor = A solid enough figure as with the previous release but IMO it's been surpassed by the "Unearthly Child" version.

2nd Doctor = The Troughton sculpt is my favorite of all the Doctors and it still looks great second time around. Be nice if a future version has his fur coat.

3rd Doctor = Awesome to have another one with a cloak but I hope a future version has a new jacket and open collared shirt to add a bit more variety.

4th Doctor = As expected my favorite of the set. Not sure whether the headsculpt is totally new or just better painted than the previous serious heads as Tom has never looked better in this scale. The coat is definitely a new mold as the texturing is different to the "Pyramids of Mars" figure....Nice! :)

Just wish CO would stop painting his eyebrows so dark :gah:

5th Doctor = It's Davison. He has celery. Not much else to say really.

6th Doctor = Mine is lacking a Sonic Lance but the figure is very nicely done considering the garish patterns involved.

7th Doctor = Like the new headsculpt and will be intrested to see if CO do a hat switch with future releases.

8th Doctor = Looks a bit startled but otherwise I can't see any issues with it.

9, 10 & 11 = I see pound signs :lol

The sculpt of *spit* 10 isn't entirely new. It's the "End of Time" sculpt with glasses added and modified hair.

Yes, sorry I should have said. It's new to me, as I skipped the End of time mini wave. That one had scrapes and stuff on though, right?

I think I pretty much agree with your summary there bcm77, although I wish Troughton looked a bit less angry. I preferred the other prototype the originally showed.

Would love to see photos of your Seeds of Doom Tom. I was lucky with mine in that the eyebrows are barely visible. I think it is a new sculpt as well, side by side with the old serious head it looks quite different.

Incidentally, you can head-swap Tom to your heart's content, it yanks off just the same as the previous releases.

Yes, sorry I should have said. It's new to me, as I skipped the End of time mini wave. That one had scrapes and stuff on though, right?

I think I pretty much agree with your summary there bcm77, although I wish Troughton looked a bit less angry. I preferred the other prototype the originally showed.

Would love to see photos of your Seeds of Doom Tom. I was lucky with mine in that the eyebrows are barely visible. I think it is a new sculpt as well, side by side with the old serious head it looks quite different.

Incidentally, you can head-swap Tom to your heart's content, it yanks off just the same as the previous releases.

Yeah, that's right, I remember seeing it once in Tesco as I was looking for Classics wave 2 :)

I think I got a good paintjob with my Tom as the eyebrows are partially obscured by the hair. If the weather outside improves I'll see if I can take a few shots later ( I prefer using natural light as it seems to capture the details better. )

Did your Colin have a Sonic Lance?

I also liked the other Troughton sculpt shown in the initial proto pics but apparently Pat's family didn't so it won't be released. Fortunately the other one is outstanding.

Bring on the "Silver Nemesis" Cybermen and Hartnell's TARDIS :rock

Last edited:

No, it didn't. I assumed that was intentional though, as he doesn't use it in Trial of a Timelord?

It's probably meant to be without one then, I've not seen "Trial" so I didn't know he didn't use it. I just thought it was odd considering everyone else has an accessory of some sort.

I think it was only ever seen in one story, Attack of the Cybermen, and that was the previous season.

I think it was only ever seen in one story, Attack of the Cybermen, and that was the previous season.

I've only seen 4 of Colin's stories so far and not in the right order so that's why I'm fuzzy on the details from that era.

I have seen "Attack of the Cybermen" but the thing I remember most is the Cyber Controller's beer gut :rotfl

Yeah, I wonder if that will be reflected in the sculpt if they eventually release that figure? They certainly went easy on Colin!

Well my 11 Doctors set will be shipping today. I shall FINALLY have my 8th Doctor and thus can become QUITE choosy over the figures I buy.

Is 9 a new sculpt? the one i have currently is the series 1 version and he has sort of a scowl, very much in character.

I love my Ironside! He's my first figure, but for £7.99, the detail is amazing! I'm considering buying some more Daleks...

Yeah, I wonder if that will be reflected in the sculpt if they eventually release that figure? They certainly went easy on Colin!

I expect it'll look normal sized which would be a shame as I think things like should be left so it's a tribute of sorts to the various oddities and inconsistencies that ocurred during the Classic run.

I'd also like the Ice Warrior that had a HUGE head and a Myrka with a "pantomime horse" action feature :lol

N2k,
No idea on the Eccleston sculpt, I took all the Classic Doctors out the box and never looked closely at the others.

The Ecclestone sculpt is the same as the one which came with the various Auton parts.

Here's how it breaks down:

1st - Same sculpt as the first version released, grey trousers though instead of check
2nd - Same sculpt, striped hanky instead of red
3rd - Sea Devil version repaint
4th - New face sculpt, coat and shoes. Otherwise as per the PoM 4th
5th - Now with celery!
6th - Repaint à la Trial of a Timelord
7th - Serious face, no hat, umbrella
8th - All new figure!
9th - Same as the Auton release
10th - "new" face sculpt à la Eot set. Bendy plastic!
11th - Bog standard version

Last edited:

My set arrived, great value and figures...major downside is CO went a bit tarded on leg lengths! my 8, 6, 7, 11 and 3 all have one leg longer than the other. got bored and decided to disassemble my new 11 tardis, took an hour to put back together but i decided to repaint the windows and add some inner lights.

Remember..............................don't even blink!,

dontblink.jpg

The instant I saw that pic it scared the crap out of me.

Back