New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I have no interest whatsoever in a vespiform BAF.

When the crap are we gonna get any news on the Classics Wave 2!??!!!!??? :cuss

I have no interest whatsoever in a vespiform BAF.

When the crap are we gonna get any news on the Classics Wave 2!??!!!!??? :cuss

Indeed. CO won't make Classic companions and supposedly shelved plans to make a Classic Tardis & Bessie but ARE making a giant f'ing bee from a spectacularly dull episode in one of the worst series in the show's history :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pix,
I noticed the single carded Supreme Dalek in stock at work today so if you need one let me know. Davros and the River Song wave aren't in yet but I'll be keeping a look out for you.

Yeah, I would love a Dalek Supreme as long as its not the RC version. :rock

Yeah, I would love a Dalek Supreme as long as its not the RC version. :rock

It was definitely not the RC one as I found it with the regular series 4 figures.
If it's still in stock when I start tomorrow I'll reserve it and pay for it when I finish my shift. If it's gone I'll get the next one that I see as new toys get delivered pretty much every day.

My local Argos is having a sale on certain figures at the moment down to £5.99 from £7.99. They include series four Oods, Pyroville Priestess the series 1 Captain Jack and series 3 Master with Toclafane figures. Still haven't picked up any series 4 toys beyond the two Sontarans and the Davros set so I might get these whilst they're cheaper.

Ahem....... Classic TARDIS and Betsy? :google

100_4410.jpg

Bessie. But I'll be.. they said they got canned. Also, looks like a new gift set? I see a Doctor, a Sontaran and then two blacked out shapes.

Bessie. But I'll be.. they said they got canned. Also, looks like a new gift set? I see a Doctor, a Sontaran and then two blacked out shapes.

Ooops. Bessie. :lol

It would appear that even in the toy world all bets are off for rumors and such.

And Ed from DWW came into the thread and said they aren't happening. Ah well. Nice to dream.

I bet that other Sontaran set was just what the one that's already been released was initially going to be unless the blacked out shapes are Colonel Mace and an ATMOS device of some kind but considering that would require actual effort from Character Options I'm not exactly optimistic.

I think there would be big intrest for both Bessie & the Classic Tardis and not just from UK collectors but I'm guessing that Character Options don't think "the kids" would buy them and that is why they've pulled the plug.

I love the Classic releases they've done so far but their attitude towards the adult collector market is completely retarded and with so many other collectibles from numerous different franchises vying for my cash it's not going to take much more of this type of BS for me to drop them entirely.

Not exactly Doctor Who related but Character Options have announced that from next year they will be making an action figure line called HM Armed Forces.

Seeing as figures of British Army officers and troops are pretty likely to be a part of it maybe this could be the best chance of getting some UNIT figures as they could reuse the molds.

Then again their top man probably thinks that "the kids" won't know who the British Army are and won't make them.
Either that or they'll get the 7th Doctor's missing hat and umbrella instead of their correct attire :D

I thought this might ease the pain for some:

Celery for your Peter Davison Doctor

That's pretty cool. If the seller makes enough money he should cast up a truckload and send them to the idiot at Character Options with a message saying "You forgot these!"

I know the Time Crash version has it ( which I own ) but the reason gave for the celery not being on the Classic wave 1 version has to be THE most stupid thing I've heard in all the time I've been collecting and I think the BBC are equally to blame for not being more strict about what is and what isn't allowed on their licensed merchandise.

I don't think they should get like Lucasfilm and insist on "idealised" likenesses over screen accuracy but allowing the person in charge of the action figure line to leave something out just because of his personal feelings towards it is taking a f'ing big liberty and if he's allowed to get away with it plus the thing with the 7th Doctor's hat & umbrella what details are going to be left off future releases?

I'd love to be proven wrong but the way things are I wouldn't be suprised if we got a Delgado or Ainley version of The Master without a beard,a 3rd Doctor without big grey hair and a 2nd Doctor with an electric guitar instead of a recorder.

Last edited:

That would be awesome, thank you!

I'm going to check my LCS quick to see if they're getting it, and if not, you'll have a PM coming...

Thanks a lot, man! :peace

That would be awesome, thank you!

I'm going to check my LCS quick to see if they're getting it, and if not, you'll have a PM coming...

Thanks a lot, man! :peace

No problem! There's a supermarket that stocks the Classic figures 10 minutes from my house so I can check most days for new stock.

Back