New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I guess I'll have to be happy with the 12" ones I have and hope someone picks up the line, heres to keeping our fingers crossed. :pow

Been a while since we talked about the actual figures that are out, or so it seems, but I just wanted to say Ill have new pics in a few days. Just rearranged my shelves over my desk and ordered River Song, Vashta Nerada and another Sontaran Trooper from WhoNA AND gave for Toys for Tots at the same time. Can't wait to get my River figure but if she looks bad I may just see about getting her and a few other figures repainted. Gotta say I absolutely HATE the eyes on the figures. I can't help but think how awesome this line would have been if it was 3 and 3/4 like Dapol, there were more releases, different versions of companions .. basically run it similar to Hasbro's Star Wars line. As it is though, I do love the figures just wish the scales weren't changed between Classics and New. Ah well, maybe by Tuesday I'll have new images. Also, if anyone wants the Vespiform figure maybe we can work something out because I desperately want that 25 pack of Adipose but I don't think I'll be taking much else. I decided NOT to take a completist approach to the Who line.

Good news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/b...s/2008/11_november/licensed_adult_range.shtml

Thats the closest we have come to official confirmation of a classic wave 2. :Date

I'll believe it when I see actual prototype pictures.

As for the 1:6 situation I'm happy to buy the various sculpts and outfits that have become/will become available thanks to the various commissions that WilliamShatnersToupee got up & running.

Doctor Who isn't big in Asia so that pretty much rules out the chance of Hot Toys or Enterbay picking up the license and I don't think Medicom would do it justice due to their style of sculpting which leaves Sideshow and frankly I'd rather go without than see them do it.

Last edited:

basically run it similar to Hasbro's Star Wars line.

Yeah,too bad Character Options appear to be sticking two fingers up at adult collectors worldwide which should hopefully bite them in the ass when "the kids" tire of Doctor Who and move on to the next fad.

The Classic line is looking like it's going to be a token few releases and then oblivion because of Character's reluctance to expand yet if they took their heads out of their backsides and looked at the Hasbro business model for Star Wars they would surely see the potential for profit from a properly done collector based line.

And lo, he said: about bloody time for some pictures in this thread :lol My stuff from WhoNA showed up this morning. We are also going to play a game of "What did I do to my 5th Doctor" :rotfl Enjoy!

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

Nice! I have been thinking about doing the same thing. You put the celery on the better outfit.

How did you do that?

very carefully removed the celery from the extra Time Crash set I bought back when, measured my Time Crash 5 against Classic 5, marked him so I got it in about the right position then just super glued it because I got sick of looking for tiny magnets :lol Now all I need is to get customs done of Rose, Donna and River. Spacesuit River is cool but too specific. I want her to look NORMAL in the TARDIS :lol River is a great figure though, Vashta Nerada is a bit of a let down. No head movement at all, nor waist movement that I can tell. The paint on my River isn't that bad though, and the way they have her head cocked is actually cool because it gives the figure a bit of character.

Somebody at doctorwhotoys.net has claimed that after meeting the respective actors recently they got confirmation that the following characters will be getting figures next year,

Jenny Who ( BOOOOOO!!!!!!! )
The Brigadier ( better be a Classic one )

Given the source of the info I'm not going to get my hopes up but they have been right a few times in the past so I'm hoping that this is another of those occasions,well at least about the Brig as I couldn't care less about Jenny.

New figs announced from www.whoblackpool.com:

The Next Doctor Cyberleader:

a15a87a25c8e202f24147e4765f27a80.image.467x379.JPG

1966 Cyber Controller

b2df7bafa6501dfa0d6c66dcacbde85c.image.467x379.JPG

1968 Cyberman

602ee2a4d4a7f66392028d781ab8b304.image.467x379.JPG

Tenth Planet Cyberman :)drool)

cf16359bc3eddb65f0020442cc8569ac.image.467x379.JPG

Tomb Cyberman

a5e1b21c5812626f7d472dd71972d305.image.467x379.JPG

The preorder is late January so I doubt we'll be seeing them stateside until late summer or early Fall. :(

Sold seperately as a full on wave. The 1966 Cyber Controller is a BAF.

Sold seperately as a full on wave. The 1966 Cyber Controller is a BAF.

Really.. well color me shocked. Now to figure out if we are getting wave two of the Classics because it does sound like CO is starting to feel the global economy.

I don't know but these cybermen won't do anything but line their pockets with green. :lol

I did read the release schedule wrong though. It looks like January is when they will begin o ship to UK dealers. So I guess we will start to see them around Spring.

I'm not bothered about the Nu-Who one unless I have to buy it to complete the Build A Figure but I'll be getting multiples of the Classic ones. Awesome news!

Last edited:

So I got bored and figured, while we wait for news of new figures let's have a little fun. I know we've all ^^^^^ed about what we want in the line so let's make our own line plan. Here's the rules:

Based off Hasbros model of waves, post one wave at a time, review and wait for someone to post the next wave. If we want we can set this on a schedule. A wave must have either 6 or 8 figures. They must follow a theme, eg "Characters from the Baker Era", or "Ghostlight". Each wave must have at least 3 major characters. Classic and New can be mixed if the theme allows it. Figures would be in the 3 3/4 inch scale (so we get an idea of what a "small part" would be) and just for fun we can use any character, even if they have issues with their likeness being used. Also, plan an "added value bonus". Lastly, for the Classic series, please try to use pictures to accompany when possible.

For mine I would do "Series 4 Finale"

Doctor - Sonic screwdriver
Doctor 2 - Doctor's Hand in the jar
Davros
Rose - BFG
Dalek - swap out plunger/claw
Donna - feedback device
Jack - defabricator gun, revolver
Martha - Indigo backpack

Value added - buildable Dalek Sec
Doctor - bottom left half
Doctor 2 - bottom right half
Davros - Sec mutant
Rose - mid section extended right
Dalek - mid section extended left
Donna - chains
Jack - platform right
Martha - platform left

For articulation: for the human figures I would want ball jointed heads, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. Davros would have a balljointed shoulder and elbow along with balljointed head. Dalek would have POA at the gun, plunger/claw, eyestalk, head and midsection. Davros and the Dalek would have wheels to enable movement.

"Genesis of the Daleks" wave,

4th Doctor-mostly the same as Classic wave 1 with the long coat added and a serious expression on both headsculpts
Davros
Dalek
Sarah Jane Smith-Time Ring
Harry Sullivan-clam creature from the cave???
Nyder-gun

The scale would for me stay the same as Character Options as I think 3 3/4" is old hat and even with modern advances in sculpting doesn't allow for very accurate human likenesses.
I also feel that too many joints tends to ruin the overall look of a figure so I'd keep the articulation the same as well.

Last edited:
Back