New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Ok Here are the official pics:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Apparently each figure is gonna come with pieces to assemble a super figure-The Robot from Tom Baker's first episode as the Doctor:

watermark.php

:woo

That's an unexpected but awesome suprise. This opens up all kinds of possibilities should the Classics line take off.

Not too sure about the Peter Davison sculpt, but Colin Baker looks fantastic!
I wish they would have done a serious version of Tom in the hat instead of the smiling one.

BillyB

Ok Here are the official pics:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Apparently each figure is gonna come with pieces to assemble a super figure-The Robot from Tom Baker's first episode as the Doctor:

watermark.php

:woo

Brightside- Getting serious Tom in that hat shouldn't be too hard. :D

I don't think the hat is removable but given that Character Options have done variants of the same 10th Doctor figure with & without glasses I think it's reasonable to assume the next version of Tom (and there's bound to be one) will have the hat on the other head. I think the Peter Davison sculpt is the weakest of the 3 Doctors but still pretty good and aside from Mr Sin being a tad tall the bad guys are all dead on. If they add elbow articulation to the Doctors for the release versions it will make the first wave just about perfect and I can't wait to see how big the K1 Robot is. There's also a Classic Dalek 3-pack been confirmed (no pics though) which will have Daleks from the following stories,

The Dead Planet (1963)
Planet Of The Daleks (1973)
Genesis Of The Daleks (1975)---Will Davros follow in wave 2 ?

The Nu-Who figures have been great so far but Character Options look to have stepped things up for the Classic range and the addition of a "Build A Figure" is awesome. I'll be ordering all these as soon as Forbidden Planet have them up. Roll on August!!!

CO on the DWForum said the production figures will feature identical articulation as the Nu-Who releases. :joy

CO on the DWForum said the production figures will feature identical articulation as the Nu-Who releases. :joy

As happy as I am about that.. I sorta wish they would release a set of the figures with limited to no articulation just to appreciate the sculpts. All 3 of these look fantastic! Now where are 1,2,3,7 and 8? HUH?! :lol

That's great to hear. Did he mention if the 5th Doctor's stick of celery will be added to his jacket lapel?

No celery. It was the sculptors personal preference that he be sans celery. :monkey2

but there are some pretty cool solutions to the celery dilemma. I will post them if I can find them.

No celery. It was the sculptors personal preference that he be sans celery. :monkey2

Kinda odd as Character Options have been good with small details like that but it's no big deal from my POV as I'm most looking forward to the 4th Doctor anyway.
grizzlelee,
They come out in August in the UK at £7.99 each.

Seriously? Does the sculptor really have a say? Imagine Sideshow explaining to Lucasfilm licensing that they don't feel a brown fedora is essential to Indiana Jones...

I ll be doing everything i can to support this line,army building Sea Devils and Cybermen.With the rich 45 year history of Doctor Who this line can be something very special indeed.

TheCharacter (head of R&D at Character Options) just posted that Classic series Daleks and Sylverster McCoy (dark brown coat) are the next releases.

GhostLight.jpg

Last edited:

If Character Options get the all clear to make Jon Pertwee then I think this guy is a must,

themaster-1.jpg

Roger Delgado was the first actor to play The Master and IMO still the best. A very understated,British sort of villain and a perfect foil for the Doctor.
It's a pity John Simm didn't watch some of Delgado's performances before filming his own pathetic attempt at the character for Nu-Who.

Well if it's confirmed that we are getting 7 and 8 I now want 1 2 and 3 more than ever! Marc I think you posted the way you did on purpose. :lol

It's a pity John Simm didn't watch some of Delgado's performances before filming his own pathetic attempt at the character for Nu-Who.

I disagree. Delgado was the perfect anti-Pertwee just as Simm played the perfect anti-Tennant.

Back