New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I remember a while back reading a post or two about people having problems popping the head off of their 12" Doctor. I did it last night, and while it was more difficult than most heads, it did come off without needing to use any blades.

The problem with the Doctor's head is that it's kind of glued into place. The trick is use the boiling method multiple times. Boil the head for a bit, then using two towels and trying your best to not burn yourself from the dripping water, start to pull the head off. Only about a third of the neck will separate from the joint on the body. Dip the head into the water again and repeat the process until the head comes off.

So, while it's a little more annoying than just boiling and popping the head off, it's not impossible and you shouldn't break anything using this method.

Yeah, the paint job on Six has the biggest QC issue with this line I think. Mine has a bit of smudge on the pink lapel, but other than that I was glad that I got as a good a paint job on mine as I did.

Is there any chance they're going to make 12" versions of the classic Doctors? I was really bummed when the Product Enterprise 12" Tom Baker got canceled.

The Nu-Who 12 inch line makes SSC LOTR line look fast paced. In other words I wouldn't hold your breath. :(

(there is going to be a new 12 inch Davros (remote controlled even).

Well I've got my Time Crash set but my customs need a bit more leg work than I thought so it may be a bit before they get shown. I need a super tiny magnet and metal set but so far no luck. May have to do some work for that one. I just really want my Series 4 from FP and my Tom Baker to show finally. Also, for those with Classic 6.. is his one leg shorter than the other on all of them?

The black smudges on the Sixth Doctor are deliberate. CO wanted a dirty wash on the coat (presumably to make the clown coat a little grittier). It doesn't seem to have been applied very well in many cases though.

The Nu-Who 12 inch line makes SSC LOTR line look fast paced. In other words I wouldn't hold your breath. :(

(there is going to be a new 12 inch Davros (remote controlled even).

Davros is 12", but has it been confirmed or clarified if he's 1:6th or not? The other remote control Daleks are 12" as well, but not meant to be 1:6 scale, and are giants, incompatible with the 1:6 figures.

The black smudges on the Sixth Doctor are deliberate. CO wanted a dirty wash on the coat (presumably to make the clown coat a little grittier). It doesn't seem to have been applied very well in many cases though.

I have never heard anyone from CO or Designworks say it was deliberate and the prototypes clearly had no such painting smudges.

Where did you get this info from?

:blissy My FPI order came today - all of the clamshelled series 4 save Pyroville Priestess. Now I need to get a second Donna and hire someone to resculpt the hair for a DoctorDonna bash I have in mind. Also I was thinking of making a custom, off screen Rose and would like some opinions on the base figures -

Legs - Sarah Jane School Reunion
Torso and arms - either Martha figure modified
Head - New Earth Rose repainted

What do you guys think?

Most of my Classic orders arrived today!!! :fireworks:fireworks
I'm still waiting for the Zygon and D84 so I can complete the K1 Robot but I'm really pleased with everything and I think this is by far the greatest wave of Doctor Who figures Character Options have done.

Here's a couple of pics I took prior to my camera's batteries running out,

Dalek 3-pack
daleks.jpg

Magnus Greel & Mr Sin,
talonsduo.jpg

Memnoch,
That "Expanded Universe" Rose you're planning sounds good and seeing as a series 4 version probably won't happen thanks to Billie Piper putting the block on any more figures of her being made it's probably a good move making some sort of custom.

Memnoch,
That "Expanded Universe" Rose you're planning sounds good and seeing as a series 4 version probably won't happen thanks to Billie Piper putting the block on any more figures of her being made it's probably a good move making some sort of custom.

Thanks for the feedback. And yea, it sucks that Billie is so against having figures of her made. They could make a MINT off the Rose figures alone. Also I'm going to get a second Donna and the coated Sarah Jane to try and make a DoctorDonna or even just a less scene specific Donna. So far though BEST companion figure goes to School Reunion Sarah Jane. My Utopia Jack looks like he's got on lipstick, both Marthas are kinda meh, all the Rose figures suck and Donna has the Ood coat on. (Astrid does not count to me :lol) I really wanna see CO get more companion figures out and some regular, non marked non play feature bronze Daleks.

:blissy My FPI order came today - all of the clamshelled series 4 save Pyroville Priestess.

That's the only one I'm thinking of skipping from the new series four line as well Menmoch. At the minute I've just got the two Sontarans from the new line as I'm a bit short of cash this month (wife's birthday) but I'm planning to pick up the rest shortly. Don't know why they made the Donna figure wearing that coat from the Ood Sphere, it was an odd choice, but the Catherine Tate likeness wasn't bad, which is encouraging for any future figures they might make.

I agree the Rose figures sucked and I'm not that bothered that Billie hasn't agreed to more figures being made by CO. Because of how extensive this line is becoming I'm having to start being more picky about which figures I pick up anyway, which means I'm trying to avoid different versions of the same character, so I don't think I would have gotten a series four Rose anyway, unless the likeness was more impressive, then I'd buy one to replace my existing Rose figure.

Thanks for the feedback. And yea, it sucks that Billie is so against having figures of her made. They could make a MINT off the Rose figures alone. Also I'm going to get a second Donna and the coated Sarah Jane to try and make a DoctorDonna or even just a less scene specific Donna. So far though BEST companion figure goes to School Reunion Sarah Jane. My Utopia Jack looks like he's got on lipstick, both Marthas are kinda meh, all the Rose figures suck and Donna has the Ood coat on. (Astrid does not count to me :lol) I really wanna see CO get more companion figures out and some regular, non marked non play feature bronze Daleks.

I really wanted the neutral pose series 1 Rose to go with the 9th Doctor but if it's not to be then I'm not too bothered as the Classic line is now my main focus.
I think the Nu-Who companions have been a mixed bunch so far and I like the second version of Martha and Donna best.
The new Captain Jack would have been my favorite but the dodgy paint apps on the headsculpt let it down which is also true with Sarah Jane,or at least it was on the one I got.

Classic Doctors!,

doctors.jpg

Minor scaling issues aside I can't praise these figures enough,the 4th Doctor is my favorite but there's little to choose between any of them really and even if the rest of the Classic line proves unsuccessful I hope Character Options get the remaining Doctors released as after the way these have turned out it would be a massive shame if we didn't get the other 5.

It'd be nice to see a row of CO Doctor figures from William Hartnell to David Tennant all lined up in front of the Tardis. That would make a great display piece.

Missistant said he took a pic of them all lined up, but he aint showing us. :monkey2

It would make a great display and hopefully by this time next year most or all of the other Doctors will have been released.
Here's some more Classic wave 1 pics,

4th Doctor and K1 Robot,

4thK1.jpg

Size comparison between biggest and smallest figures,

sizecomparison.jpg

SV7 and D84 "Robots of Death",
robots.jpg

Sea Devil and Zygon
seadevilzygon.jpg

Magnus Greel and Mr Sin,
talonsduo.jpg

I complain a fair bit about the number of rehashes Character Options have done in the Nu-Who line but the first Classic figures have pretty much made up for it as they are all f'ing fantastic!

I love these pics... are you having luck finding another Four and Voc? :date

Back