New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what she reminds me of now? A Tonner doll. I collected the Harry Potter ones, and they all have pretty doll-like looks. Amy's face strongly reminds me of them. Now I'm actually hoping someone will do a custom Amy head. I'm really bummed... I wonder if a repaint could redeem this? Her face shape seems wrong, though.

What a difference...

amyq.png

You know what she reminds me of now? A Tonner doll. I collected the Harry Potter ones, and they all have pretty doll-like looks. Amy's face strongly reminds me of them. Now I'm actually hoping someone will do a custom Amy head. I'm really bummed... I wonder if a repaint could redeem this? Her face shape seems wrong, though.

What a difference...

amyq.png

I was trying to remember their name. Yeah, this looks like Tonner or CO did the head.

I wish they had at least used the prototype's hair. It looked better.

Wow it's like if they were both from two different companies, can't believe some peeps are happy with this!

Yep, Tonner. I know most people here aren't fans, but a lot of them are nice dolls. They just don't resemble the actors/actresses as much as 1:6 figures do. They're...doll-like. Sadly the only 1:6 figures put out for HP was Snape (which I have) and a really awful Harry, so I made do!

I want the dang prototype! UGH... Cripes. I really wanted an Amy, but with so many other cool figures coming out, I just don't know if she's worth the money now.

Are you kidding me? The one figure I look most forward to and we get this? The face sculpt looks dreadful, seriously awful. I'm beyond disappointed. What happened to her between the last view of her and now?

What a difference...

amyq.png

tumblr_lxnebzvPEB1qlowjro1_250.gif

This is not worth $240 after shipping.

535775_10152264892376002_2137919875_n.jpg

I may wait and see if I can get her cheaper from a US retailer down the line. :(

All that waiting for that?

Wow.

Not trying to be overly negative, but I am so glad I never pre-ordered this. I mean I wasn't much of a fan of this piece to begin with (though I was happy to be convinced if it looked better in-hand), but now, jesus... :ohbfrank:

I'm genuinely sorry to those who have been waiting so long for this and who are understandably disappointed by the results.

Last edited:
The color of her hair doesn't look at all natural now. Dang, is she pale... I'm a super pale gal, but... She looks like a Twilight vampire or something. I guess I don't recall Karen being so WHITE!

Still wish they had gone with the policewoman outfit.

This makes me nervous for Ten.

Ten looked bad to begin with, sure the likeness was there but everything else..

You mean the outfit?

Worst case scenario, I sell him, but I'm hoping that a repaint would fix any issues. Otherwise it sounds like there might be a custom Ten head or two being released. Plus his inner outfit (the blue shirt, pants, and tie) didn't look too bad, so if the coat sucks I'll just take it off.

Here's hoping Ten and the Sherlock boys don't go the way of Karen.

How and why did BCS allow this to happen? They are going to receive so many cancellations that it may cripple the company. I was going to buy two because I'm a huge fan of Amy but now I don't want any. Good luck to anyone wanting any future figures, they may just screw up your favorite like they did mine. F My Life!!!

They seriously made one of the most beautiful women in the world into a homely skag. This is beyond a piss poor effort. I just can't believe it, I seriously hope I'm dreaming and this isn't real.

You mean the outfit?

Worst case scenario, I sell him, but I'm hoping that a repaint would fix any issues. Otherwise it sounds like there might be a custom Ten head or two being released. Plus his inner outfit (the blue shirt, pants, and tie) didn't look too bad, so if the coat sucks I'll just take it off.

Here's hoping Ten and the Sherlock boys don't go the way of Karen.

Ya pretty much, whole thing just looked too big on the body and very doll like, the sculpt while having a good likeness looked a little flat on top and it should have had a longer/sculpted neck, and the expression they were aiming for was almost but not quite there. I obviously didn't p.o, I will either wait to see if the production figure is an improvement or wait and see if they do a better blue suited version in the future improving on all flaws. I really wanted to like the figure but there ya go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back