New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

I desperately want that coat too!

Posting this again, come on big chief it would look awesome on the figure!!

docscoat2.jpg

Yeah that is an awesome shot. I actually like this much better than his tweed look.

That coat is a must. Currently making a replica for my cosplay and it just looks so beautiful.

The expansion pack could include that coat, stetson (made to fit over the hair with some room left so it sits nicely of course) and Knitting for Girls magazine. :lol

I'm hoping we can drop very unsubtle hints about a coat :D but I don't see how they can do the hat. His large sculpted hair pretty much means there is no way a hat will sit there, right?

It would be nice but is hardly essential to me now that I think about it.

I pretty much feel the same way.

I'm not against it, and I hope for the fans that want it that it becomes available in some fashion, but personally right now when I think of Smith's Doctor I think of the tweed look. So that's the way I'd personally choose to display him anyway.

I'm hoping we can drop very unsubtle hints about a coat :D but I don't see how they can do the hat. His large sculpted hair pretty much means there is no way a hat will sit there, right?

If the hat is sculpted deep enough, it can fit. Stetsons have a high middle part thing where your head goes, so I'm sure that if they make it, it can be done right.

The thing that baffles my mind on so many levels is why people can't like Doctor Who. We can apparantly only like Classic Who or NuWho.

I enjoy each version for what he is-not that I like everything about each one, but the different aspects of the character overall. So, YANA. :)

I don't like every Doctor Equally (couldn't stand Colin Baker) but I do like classic and NU-Who pretty dead on equally.
Maybe it helps that I grew up watching Who with my father on PBS through the LATE 70s and the 80s.
FWIW, I enjoyed the Fox TV movie too.. it had more american aspects than I would have liked but the TARDIS was beautiful inside and out and remains my favorite design.. well, perhaps not the console itself but the rest was gorgeous. Eric Robers sucked as the Master though lol.

Wasn't as big a fan of Six, but he still had his moments. Unfortunately for Colin, BBC politics were a bigger villain than anything extraterrestrial.
And I also loved the TVM control room, very much. Though some call it heresy:nana:, that's really my favorite.

Some of us have smaller budgets than others, and buying $200 figures is a big investment. I haven't yet broken down and bought anything HT, or any of SSC's pricier figures. BC's first release will, most likely, tempt me to do so. Personally, I will have to pick and choose a favored few, but that doesn't make me resent the facts that 1) not everyone will have to make those same financial choices and 2) BC is charging an appropriate amount for the level of quality they are offering.

Add my voice to those hoping for accessory packs and pieces. High-end figures like these are going to be don't lend themselves well to multiple, similar figures of the same character. $60-$80 each for Bespin Luke, Tattooine Luke, Jedi Knight Luke, etc. was bad enough.

Yeah it is tough on the budget, no doubt.

And for that reason I hope that Big Chief don't try to release too much too quickly, but space their pieces out a bit, or at least stagger the releases, so we see, say, a Doctor, then a companion or supporting character (The Brig, The Master, etc), then another Doctor for example, then maybe a villain or monster if they are going to be doing those as well. Then another Doctor, etc. Because, let's face it, for the most part secondary characters will sell less than the Doctor pieces will, particularly at this price point, and particularly at the start of the line, before the line has (hopefully) hooked a strong and dedicated audience of customers. Personally, I think making a companion as the second piece is a bit of a risk as it is...

Hell, I've been a Who fan all my life, I grew up on Pertwee on Tom Baker, and watched all those who followed, through all the ups and downs, I've never lost my love for the show. I own every Who dvd release that has come out so far, and have a couple of the better Who statues (and one quite poor one... :lol), and I'm no stranger to high end collectibles. And yet even for me, a lot of the companions are going to be a tougher sell at this kind of price point, outside of a few key personal favourites. Especially if they start coming thick and fast. So they really are going to have to be pretty amazing looking to hook me into a completionist mindset at this price point. And that test starts with a certain Miss Pond. Because while I like Amy Pond, right now I don't particularly feel like I need an Amy Pond, so to change my mind it had best be a pretty darn impressive companion piece really.

Anyway, point is, hopefully they plan accordingly in that regard, and don't expect every piece to sell the same amount, but do smaller runs on characters that probably won't sell quite as well as most of the Doctor figures would. Again, at least initially. In fact, if they let fans know that less pieces will be made for the companions than for the Doctors, it might help create and drive demand in a lot of fans to pick up the companions as well, and sooner rather than later, just so they don't miss out.

I really want to see this line succeed, but high end Who has always been a tough sell, and hard to get a lot of exposure on. That's one of the reasons I'd personally like to see them distribute in the US through someone like Sideshow, just because of the amount of worldwide exposure that it'd bring amongst collectors of high end collectibles, just by being on their website and in the newsletter.

Interesting days ahead methinks...

Last edited:

You make a good point about the companions. I know that for my own collection, I would not be interested in any of the companions, only some of the Doctors, and some of the more interesting looking aliens/monsters/robots.

As far as companions, if the line was more affordable I would be interested in Martha Jones because, well, she's hot and she actually had a cool and memorable outfit.

I'd buy every companion they'd release. Call me either a hardcore fan or a stupid fan, they both apply. :lol

Also, great exclusive pics for the Mailing List people, Big Chief! They rock!

I just hope the head will be cast in a flesh colored plastic and then accent painted to resemble the translucence of real skin like Hot Toys does. the proto looks like it has far too heavy thick paint on the face like a Sideshow figure. The sculpt is great, though.

I just hope the head will be cast in a flesh colored plastic and then accent painted to resemble the translucence of real skin like Hot Toys does. the proto looks like it has far too heavy thick paint on the face like a Sideshow figure. The sculpt is great, though.

I agree, but I'd imagine if that was the plan the proto would have been done that way.

I'd buy every companion they'd release. Call me either a hardcore fan or a stupid fan, they both apply. :lol

Also, great exclusive pics for the Mailing List people, Big Chief! They rock!

I envy you. :hi5:

Could someone please clarify the official word on whether companions will be made? I thought an Amy Pond had been announced.

As a female fan of the show, I really appreciate what the companions bring as characters and it diminishes the Doctor to not have one by his side.

Amy is being finalized as we speak according to Big chief, she will be revealed soon.

Morning Who fans!
We wanted to update you regarding our first release - the Eleventh Doctor. We have been working hard to get our new website up and running, with our online store ready for you to place your orders. It has taken us longer than we had hoped, but the site will be live very soon.
Stay tuned for an announcement later this week...
The BIG Chief Team

Morning Who fans!
We wanted to update you regarding our first release - the Eleventh Doctor. We have been working hard to get our new website up and running, with our online store ready for you to place your orders. It has taken us longer than we had hoped, but the site will be live very soon.
Stay tuned for an announcement later this week...
The BIG Chief Team

Ohhh, tuned in. :naughty

New figure announcement? Classic Who? :pray:

Or probably just pond...

We have received a fantastic response to our first Doctor Who figure announcement. The numbers signing up for the Priority Pre-order Notification have been unprecedented. Judging by the demand we expect that the Signature Edition figure will sell-out quickly. In fact we are already well over-subscribed
So to ensure that everyone interested in a Signature Edition figure has the opportunity to order, we are revising our original allocation to a maximum of 1 piece per person*.
Prior to our site going live, those who have signed up for Priority Notification will receive an advance email altering them that the Pre-order is open.
A one-time deposit payment of £25.00 per figure will be charged to your card to secure your order. This deposit payment will be deducted from your total once the figure is available and the final balance payment is made.
We understand that this may disappointing for those who wished to order more than a single piece, but we want to be fair to everyone and give everyone a chance to own a signed figure.

The BIG Chief Team

* This does not apply to the Limited Edition figure.

Oh no, deposit.. Guess I won't be getting one then.. No card available until next month. Thanks Big Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back