New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Yeah, currency conversion, it's $199 at BBTS +$10 shipping
$203 or so on BC (plus a good $37+ for shipping)
($230 for the signature one...)

But, I'm really worried that somehow BBTS won't get their allotment for some reason...? I have no real reason to think that they won't, other than... what if BC sells a bunch and then doesn't have enough left to send to their other retailers? Am I being paranoid?

I was on your art forum, in err... 2000-2001? Hahah.

OH man,.. it might have even been before that! I think the forum was probably when I was in highschool. hahah. XD I can't remember.

But, I'm really worried that somehow BBTS won't get their allotment for some reason...? I have no real reason to think that they won't, other than... what if BC sells a bunch and then doesn't have enough left to send to their other retailers? Am I being paranoid?

Usually they can meet the demand, I've only known of one case where this has happened with and that was a limited edition of 50.

I'd rather not spend the extra, but somehow I prefer "buying from the source"... and since I missed out on autographs at SDCC, I can't help wanting the signature edition. If I'm spending that amount already... can totally see arguments for either (if you're US-based).

Xenophilius, once your TARDIS is done you'll have to get pics with your figure. Remember that Pertwee episode where they get shrunk down in the alien machine? I've been jonesing for a big project since I retired from costumes so maybe this IS the year for the Dalek.

OH man,.. it might have even been before that! I think the forum was probably when I was in highschool. hahah. XD I can't remember.

Hahah, yeah I was HS or my first year of college when I joined it. This is the fourth forum I've been on that you were as well. We have to stop meeting like this, I feel like a stalker... ;)

Xenophilius, once your TARDIS is done you'll have to get pics with your figure. Remember that Pertwee episode where they get shrunk down in the alien machine? I've been jonesing for a big project since I retired from costumes so maybe this IS the year for the Dalek.

That'd be awesome, good idea!

And for the new guys in here who're curious:

photo1-1.jpg

I've been poised all day, waiting to order this figure, but I wont be.

I really don't see this figure matching it's price tag at all. To me it looks the same standard of figure you'd have gotten from sideshow 10yrs ago or a very good custom.
I have issue with how much companies now think they can charge for a figure anyway, its obscene. This is at the same price level for a Hot toys figure but far from the quality. If I'm gonna pay this much, I'm sorry but I want & expect better now. They've done a good job, just not a great one.

I'm a big Who fan & am interested in where they go with this line. I might consider a 4th doctor somewhere down the line if it survives that far.

I might have to eat my words but that's fine. As for now guys there's one less person in the line.

180-200USD is the new standard, so I'm fine with it. Very rarely is there any quality figure below 150 anymore.

Damn xeno. I hate seeing your TARDIS. It makes me soooo jealous. :monkey2

The link for priority po in the new email is not working again ..It had worked for me earlier.:(

I broke down and got a signature one. WOO.
My director suckered me into it.

Payment error:This transaction cannot be processed.

That was so easy that I'm nervous something will still go wrong! It said Amex but the pull-down wouldn't let me enter, so I had to use the Visa instead which I've never used before... ack.

I guess they used the wait usefully. No complaints now :)

Whoa, Xeno, I'll take your WHOLE CASE PLEASE. A geek after my taste :D And that TARDIS is *awesome*.

I have to miss out because I need to enter security things and the site doesn't have that enabled. I had enough money and everything.

Pay with your credit card via PayPal Website Payments Pro

What does that mean?, it's still forcing me to enter my credit card details, I just want to pay using my paypal balance!!

I had the same thing, that's why I had to use my Visa. I have no idea. They may have an issue with the payments when they look at them...

try a different card or something maybe?

when they say they're using paypal, they're not using your balance, they're using paypal's system as a way to take credit card payments, so just use your CC.

thought that the signature would sell out in minutes

If you intended to use PayPal balance and can't, I'd put it on a card (if you have one). You can always transfer PP to your bank and pay your card off right away for that amount?

I have 32€ and it says I need 30 still doesn't work and it's upsetting me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back