New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Even though I wish 10 and everything from his era would be eliminated from the official continuity I have to agree.

Doctors 11, 10 & 4 with a companion each are the only realistic choices at this point in time when it comes to guaranteed good sales.

Anyone else is a risk.

I love how you slam the RTD era every moment you get.

Having said that, I'm glad you agree with the order of 11, 10 and then 4 being the safest way to ensure the line stays viable.

I love how you slam the RTD era every moment you get.

Having said that, I'm glad you agree with the order of 11, 10 and then 4 being the safest way to ensure the line stays viable.

In fairness to RTD, his era did manage to keep me watching for most of it and was capable of provoking strong emotions from me.

Moffat's Who gave me no reason to care about any of the protagonists in any way, shape or form and that's why I stopped watching 5 episodes into the series that's just finished.

If sales of those characters help increase the chances of Big Chief making Doctors 4,3 & 7 plus a companion for each then I don't really have a problem with it.

The fact that CO seem to be reluctant to release a 6" mass market figure of Rory does raise a question mark over the chances of a high end figure doing well though.

Last edited:

I think a modern Cyberman would sell very well, especially if they made a Tennant first.

Really interesting reading all of your comments and suggestions.
As with any business we have to carefully evaluate each product decision that we make, after all we must be profitable to ensure the continuation of the line.
We take all comments seriously, but we feel that there is a good balance between new Who and classic Who that will please all fans.
Like the Star Wars movies there are fans for the new, the old and both series.
Remember too that these are high ticket items and as such are serious purchases for people. With so many characters and costume variations to choose from, many of which are fan favourites, whilst others are more specific to a certain person, we can only realistically develop and release a selection. Given the particularly harsh economic climate, we are very mindful of over releasing multiple versions of the same character.
We have extensive plans that we believe will keep everyone happy and an announcement coming soon that will be very welcome to you guys.
Thanks
The BIG Chief Team

Big Chief, do you take payments at pre-order or when it's shipping? Because if it's at PO I might have a problem..

Payments will be debited shortly before the item is about to ship to you, not before.
BC

We have extensive plans that we believe will keep everyone happy and an announcement coming soon that will be very welcome to you guys.
Thanks
The BIG Chief Team

I hope that's in relation to the 1:4 scale line, I need to plan my space for the next couple of years and while I have some of the Weta statues and didn't expect to be adding any more Who, 1:4 scale mix-media statues (PF's) could change that. Meaning that something else I'm considering would have to drop of the list.

PS. 4th Docotor and Sarah Jane would be a good place to start :pray:

OK on the website it says it's £149.99
What is that on good ole fashion green backs?
Also any sites other than the big chief site selling it?

Have you been reading this thread?:dunno

Here ya go.

We are currently in discussion with several US retailers, with whom we hope to firm up deals with shortly.
We are mindful of the conversion to US $ and taking into account UK VAT against US sales tax, duty etc, we have a different MRSP in the states of $199.99 (ex sales tax).
However, if you are interested in the Signature Edition please note that this is exclusive to BIG Chief Studios and is available only via our website at the UK price as stated.
Thanks for all your great comments!
The BIG Chief team

As with any business we have to carefully evaluate each product decision that we make, after all we must be profitable to ensure the continuation of the line.
We take all comments seriously, but we feel that there is a good balance between new Who and classic Who that will please all fans.
Remember too that these are high ticket items and as such are serious purchases for people. With so many characters and costume variations to choose from, many of which are fan favourites, whilst others are more specific to a certain person, we can only realistically develop and release a selection. Given the particularly harsh economic climate, we are very mindful of over releasing multiple versions of the same character.
Thanks
The BIG Chief Team

Thanks for the update, I wish you all the best. My wallet probably doesn't though... :lol

Thanks
The BIG Chief Team

I am going to read between the lines here and take this as a confirmation of a 4th Doctor at some point. :lol

Slowly but surely we will get around to each and every Doctor, that much I can tell you.
BC

Indeed. And if the likeness and tailoring is as good as Doctor #11 then I'll be buying each and every one of them. :yess:

Slowly but surely we will get around to each and every Doctor, that much I can tell you.
BC

All I needed to hear! :yess:

I will probably grumble my way through every single Nu-Who release but please don't take me seriously when I do that....I genuinely want you guys to do well because in all honesty it's about time all Who fans got the option of some proper collector quality figures instead of increasingly overpriced kiddie toys.

All I needed to hear! :yess:

I will probably grumble my way through every single Nu-Who release but please don't take me seriously when I do that....I genuinely want you guys to do well because in all honesty it's about time all Who fans got the option of some proper collector quality figures instead of increasingly overpriced kiddie toys.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back