New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

How long before we get a Police Box? :D

Yes, a 1:6 scale TARDIS would be a must at some point.

A few different 1:6 TARDIS consoles would be nice as well, if everything goes well.

I have a 1/6th TARDIS in my collection and let me tell you, it looks amazing, and it'll look more amazing along with different designs.

The question I'd be asking about the TARDIS is which version of the prop do Big Chief go for?

Everyone has their favorite but the larger scale and higher pricepoint dictates that the majority of people will only have space or cash for one so should BC make a generic one that can be used for all eras or do they pick one particular version and make it as accurate as possible?

I'd only pay high end 1:6 prices for the one from Tom's early series so I imagine I'll have to make one myself because the Big Chief one will inevitably be for the figures of 11 & Amy.

First off, the latest pic of the figures looks great.

Regarding the TARDIS, I am less picky about which one to have made - I will be happy enough just getting one, so if they make one that is generic enough, I am good with that.

I have the 4th Doctor's TARDIS and would get a 1st, 7th, 9th and 11th TARDISes. That covers most variations, I think. I think 9 is the most generic one.

I want the Moffatt TARDIS.

Then I want the Newberry.

Then I want the Mk. 1 Brackaki

Then I want the JNT season 20

Then I want the Mk. 3 Brackaki

Then I want the McGann

Then I want the RTD Version

:D

(ps I may have spelled "Brackaki" wrong) :panic:

As much as i want the new coat with this figure i don't think he will come with it, we surely would have seen a teaser by now if they had decided to include it.

As much as i want the new coat with this figure i don't think he will come with it, we surely would have seen a teaser by now if they had decided to include it.

does anyone know why they made such a major change to Matt Smith's costume ?

does anyone know why they made such a major change to Matt Smith's costume ?

Matt Smith was cold on set so he asked the costume people to make him something warmer.:) No way has it replaced the tweed, I'm sure he will switch between the two in future episodes.

Of course he'll wear tweed next time. It'd make sense as he wears the stetson and tweed when he meets up with the Ponds in Utah. So, in the end he switches back.

Of course he'll wear tweed next time. It'd make sense as he wears the stetson and tweed when he meets up with the Ponds in Utah. So, in the end he switches back.

:exactly:(Forgot about that!:slap) Actually he hasn't worn it in every episode since let's kill Hitler, he was in back in tweed for Night terrors and the God complex.

Matt Smith was cold on set so he asked the costume people to make him something warmer.:) No way has it replaced the tweed, I'm sure he will switch between the two in future episodes.

ha ha that's greats

The question I'd be asking about the TARDIS is which version of the prop do Big Chief go for?

Everyone has their favorite but the larger scale and higher pricepoint dictates that the majority of people will only have space or cash for one so should BC make a generic one that can be used for all eras or do they pick one particular version and make it as accurate as possible?

I'd only pay high end 1:6 prices for the one from Tom's early series so I imagine I'll have to make one myself because the Big Chief one will inevitably be for the figures of 11 & Amy.

That's a fair question.

TARDISesSm.jpg

No way to please everyone with all the different shades of blue and different detailings over the years, but I guess they could, if they wanted to go 'deluxe' on it, at least offer a couple of different tops (the flatter version say, and one of the more pyramid stacked versions) and maybe a set of matching switch out front door designs, so you could choose from a couple of different designs. I mean it's by no means a perfect solution, and they'd still have to make certain compromises to make it work, but it would at least give fans some options and/or a jumpstart on customization if they wanted to go that far.

Then again most fans would probably be happy with whatever TARDIS design they chose, just as long as they did a good job on it...

Spoilers.....

fullrevealteaser.jpg

Last edited:

HAAAAAALLELUJA! HAAAAAALLELUJA! Halleluja, halleluja, halleeeeee-lujaaa!

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back