New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NECA? I didn't realize we were comparing a grass roots high-end collectibles company with a mass production super corporation which produces cheap toys for your local toy store. :lol

As for the rest of your post, it's territory we have already trod. Your expectations of this company in it's infancy is unreasonable.

Anyways, I hope we all get them soon.

NECA? I didn't realize we were comparing a grass roots high-end collectibles company with a mass production super corporation which produces cheap toys for your local toy store. :lol

As for the rest of your post, it's territory we have already trod. Your expectations of this company in it's infancy is unreasonable.

Anyways, I hope we all get them soon.
You told me to choose a company and I did, now you rag on my choice. Oh so typical.

My expectations are right where they should be. This company decided to take on the mega franchise that is Doctor Who, and we've gotten only one figure in over a years time. My expectations were not met.

At some point the updates stop being news and start being lip service.

Awhile ago I ordered 2 custom action figures from a sculpter on another board. This man was very open about providing updates. He would respond to all emails, PMs, and posts in a timely manor.

And in every single one was an ecscuse on why there was another delay. Month after month there was another sudden problem or holdup that would push the shipping back a few weeks. Every day a new promise that the figures were almost done. At one point he said straight out that the figures were done and started collecting shipping payments.

5 years later and I still don't have those figures.

My point: Yes it is good if a company is open with its customers. But that openness means apsolutly nothing if they cannot support those words with actions.

You told me to choose a company and I did, now you rag on my choice. Oh so typical.

I was asking for something comparable. What you chose suited your POV but didn't actually add anything to the subject since it was prety much irrelevant. Like comparing the service at a newly debuting fine restaurant to McDonalds.

Awhile ago I ordered 2 custom action figures from a sculpter on another board. This man was very open about providing updates. He would respond to all emails, PMs, and posts in a timely manor.

And in every single one was an ecscuse on why there was another delay. Month after month there was another sudden problem or holdup that would push the shipping back a few weeks. Every day a new promise that the figures were almost done. At one point he said straight out that the figures were done and started collecting shipping payments.

My point: Yes it is good if a company is open with its customers. But that openness means apsolutly nothing if they cannot support those words with actions.
:goodpost:

My point: Yes it is good if a company is open with its customers. But that openness means absolutely nothing if they cannot support those words with actions.

I agree but some of you guys would rather throw an infant company under a bus and stir **** to satisfy some desire for instant gratification than try and attempt something as old fashioned as patience and loyalty. Besides which, you can't compare a $30 deposit for something that, tho tardy,that is surely coming down the pipe with a one man custom that you spent hundreds of dollars on.

Perspective is important and I believe some of you have lost yours.

I was asking for something comparable. What you chose suited your POV but didn't actually add anything to the subject since it was prety much irrelevant. Like comparing the service at a newly debuting fine restaurant to McDonalds.
If the head of product development at NECA can spend hours a week answering tweets from customers then why can't BCS answer a few Facebook questions a month from people? It doesn't seem like a unreasonable thing to ask for.

I agree but some of you guys would rather throw an infant company under a bus and stir **** to satisfy some desire for instant gratification than try and attempt something as old fashioned as patience and loyalty. Besides which, you can't compare a $30 deposit for something that, tho tardy, is surely coming down the pipe with a one man custom that you spent hundreds of dollars on.
I think plenty of patience has been shown.

If the head of product development at NECA can spend hours a week answering tweets from customers then why can't BCS answer a few Facebook questions a month from people? It doesn't seem like a unreasonable thing to ask for.

Likely because the "head of product development" on twitter is actually just an intern whose job it is to deal with twitter. :exactly:

Likely because the "head of product development" on twitter is actually just an intern whose job it is to deal with twitter. :exactly:
Uh no, Randy at NECA is not an intern I assure you. Now who is the one buying into conspiracy theories.

I agree but some of you guys would rather throw an infant company under a bus and stir **** to satisfy some desire for instant gratification than try and attempt something as old fashioned as patience and loyalty. Besides which, you can't compare a $30 deposit for something that, tho tardy,that is surely coming down the pipe with a one man custom that you spent hundreds of dollars on.

Perspective is important and I believe some of you have lost yours.

No one is demanding "instant gratification". We talking about a matter of months if not years here.

My problem isn't so much with the delays themselves but with the continuous broken promises made to hold people over between them. If Big Chief came out and said "There has been a problem with the female body. We don't know how long it will take to fix, but we'll let you know when we hear anything" I would respect them much more than I do now for promising definitive release dates and then breaking those promises when that date comes.

By whom? Certainly not by you. You only seemed concerned with kicking BC in the ***** since you first started posting here. You are a **** stirrer.
I've given them my fair share of praise. But everything doesn't have to be rainbows, lollipops, and cute little puppy dogs.

Sigh. Well we all know where we stand on this issue. :horse

I think we can all agree that hopefully all the QC problems have been hammered out and Amy turns out well for those who have been waiting for what has been longer than we anticipated. :peace

Last edited:
I can understand people that have paid a deposit wanting updates, but this game (1/6 figures), is a waiting game. Anyone who's been buying & pre ordering this stuff for the last few years should be well aware on the time it takes from announcement to PO to delivery.

I've been collecting 3A toys for the last few years & they require full upfront payment at PO, so I guess I'm used to waiting.

Cry me a river. :violin

Tell me one company that keeps people "in the loop" or interacts with their customer base with more consistency than BC.

Mattel. Seen 4 prototype stages of their new WWE stuff.

Figures Inc. They make $500+ wrestling belts, seen them being formed slowly.

All I ask of BC is actual updates, not the same message every few months. "Yup, we got another prototype."

Mattel. Seen 4 prototype stages of their new WWE stuff.

See my above post as your attempt is even worse than Undergrounds.

I can understand people that have paid a deposit wanting updates, but this game (1/6 figures), is a waiting game. Anyone who's been buying & pre ordering this stuff for the last few years should be well aware on the time it takes from announcement to PO to delivery.

I've been collecting 3A toys for the last few years & they require full upfront payment at PO, so I guess I'm used to waiting.

Deadleaves is spot on. I think our experiences in collecting definitely shape our expectations. Someone who's impulse is to compare a high-end company to corporate behemoths like Mattel or NECA clearly is going to have different expectations than more experiences adult collectors.

All I ask of BC is actual updates, not the same message every few months. "Yup, we got another prototype."

You can't expect to draw blood from a rock. If there is nothing of substance worth updating why should they feel compelled to make something up to appease the vocal minority.

You can't expect to draw blood from a rock. If there is nothing of substance worth updating why should they feel compelled to make something up to appease the vocal minority.

Uhm, you know.. status of Baker PO? :dunno

Or that 10th Doctor Dynamix statuette? :dunno

Last edited:
I stand in the middle here.

This is a new, developing company with an almost ludicrously small number of employees and is still setting up its processes . It takes time for an established company to get a figure out (as has been said). What do you think it must be like for a company just finding its feet?

However, the way in which information has been given out hasn't been ideal. It has effectively been a string of broken promises. Now, I think they actually believed that the deadlines they gave could have been met. However, they haven't been at it long enough to know there is many a slip twixt cup and lip and that things happen that can set production back.

So, yes, I can fully understand the frustration of those waiting on Amy but, hopefully, BCS will learn from this and be more reliable and realistic in their updates. Rather than being bullied into throwing out sporadic bits of over-optimistic information, they need to plan what they say so as not to cause all this again. They need to be proactive, not reactive.

Even though they can come across as somewhat defensive at times, I believe they are listening and do want to improve, so let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back