New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Outstanding job!
Has Matt Smith seen this head sculpt?
I remember seeing Smith on the Graham Norton show and Norton suprised him with the Titan Merchandise's 8" Eleventh Doctor Maxi bust.
Smith was genuinely in awe by that mini staute of himself as he was seeing it for the first time.

Great sculpt, you guys really nailed the likeness ..I see Greggo did the paint job:), pretty impressive the eyes do look very realistic..but if i'm honest the hairline could use a little work imo.

impressed
now we know what kind of quality to expect
can't wait to see Gillian

I wonder what fabric they'll use for the tweed jacket.

The head looks really good... wonder if the 2 part neck will stay like that, or if it will be altered in production. I like that it has some actual detail versus just being clean.

The sculpt looks awesome. In fact, it looks super-awesome-awesome. It doesn't just capture Smith's likeness, but it also captures the Doctor's personality which is even more impressive. I just hope the body and clothes live up to the sculpt and that it is not too ridiculously expensive because I must have it!

There isnt a chance in hell that Baker is more popular than Tennant or Smith seperatly, let alone combined. Those PBS reruns were 20 years ago and barely anyone remembers them.

That is patently untrue about the PBS episodes and beside the point anyway as the Baker episodes are even more widely available now through Netflix and dvds and torrents. The real question is do Four related items sell? I would suggest the low stock/ lack of stock of Four related CO scale figures at some place like whona versus the number of Eleven related shelfwarmers (including the TARDIS) suggests to me that no one needs to worry about a Tom Baker figure hanging about gathering dust. Colin Baker on the other hand though.... Let's just say I think Six's fans are going to have a much harder sell than Four's.

(sorry Six fans, but you know it's true! :nana:)

That is patently untrue about the PBS episodes and beside the point anyway as the Baker episodes are even more widely available now through Netflix and dvds and torrents.
And no one except people that are already fans buys or downloads those.

The real question is do Four related items sell? I would suggest the low stock/ lack of stock of Four related CO scale figures at some place like whona versus the number of Eleven related shelfwarmers (including the TARDIS) suggests to me that no one needs to worry about a Tom Baker figure hanging about gathering dust. :)

They make signifigantly more figures from the 11 era. And CO has a habit of going overboard when producing playsets like the tardis resulting in tons of overstock, compared to more limited release of classic figs. Thats just simple statistics.

4 may be the most popular of the classic Docs, but there is no way that his US appeal is greater than Tennent or Smith.

Last edited:

got to agree with Shadowx. Four is really popular but only to people who knew about him back in the PBS days.

Sad thing is Fourth is prob most likely to be made but I doubt if it would be a big enough seller to convince the company to do any of the other doctors. and as Iv said before Id sell an arm for a proper 1st,2nd and 3rd. Jon with Bessie of cus

I'm impressed with the head sculpt and I am not easily impressed in that regard. Sign me up for this figure and Amy Pond. :clap

I have no idea who the most popular US Doctor is, but Baker is the first I ever heard of and that was loooong before I ever heard of Tennant. By the time I was old enough to pay attention to Doctor Who it was no longer being shown on PBS in my area. I do think some incorrect generalizations are being made about the classic Doctors though. If you spend time on the message boards or on DW art on deviantart you'll see that a lot of US fans are going to Netflix and youtube to watch classic Who because of Tennant and Smith and not because they were already fans of a certain classic Doctor. That's how I got into to it. Fell in love with SJ in "School Reunion", went back to her episodes, and discovered the Fourth Doctor. He's definately my favorite. I figured I'd never see a decent 1/6 version of either Four or SJ so I just ordered the 5" figures. A Fourth Doctor figure would be first on my 1/6th wish list even above Eleven and Amy. Sarah Jane is a tie for first *hint, hint* ,especially since Lis Sladen's passing. :(

Last edited:

I'm impressed with the head sculpt and I am not easily impressed in that regard. Sign me up for this figure and Amy Pond. :clap

I have no idea who the most popular US Doctor is, but Baker is the first I ever heard of and that was loooong before I ever heard of Tennent. By the time I was old enough to pay attention to Doctor Who it was no longer being shown on PBS in my area. I saw all of Nu-Who before I really got into the classic, but I got hooked on Baker's Doctor because of Sarah Jane. He's definately my favorite Doctor. I figured I'd never see a decent 1/6 version of either Four or SJ so I just ordered the 5" figures. A Fourth Doctor figure would be first on my 1/6th wish list even above Eleven and Amy. Sarah Jane is a tie for first *hint, hint* ,especially since Lis Sladen's passing. :(

I hate to say it but I am really only in for 4th, 9th, 10th, and 11th doctors. With all the new stuff coming out that is going to be all the space that I will have in my display. The companions? Not sure which ones I would get. daleks would be a must.

I hate to say it but I am really only in for 4th, 9th, 10th, and 11th doctors. With all the new stuff coming out that is going to be all the space that I will have in my display. The companions? Not sure which ones I would get. daleks would be a must.

Haha, you just listed all my favorite Doctors. :hi5: I have a few favorite companions, but Sarah Jane is must have for me. But the Daleks are a must, too. Not sure I want the Power Ranger colored ones, though... what am I saying- if that's all they made I'd still get them.:slap

Nobody a fan of 1st,2nd or 3rd?

1st with walking cane off cus
2nd with his recorder = pure win
3rd with bessie or Whomobile
5th with miniture Teagans aunt :monkey2

I'd buy all the Doctors if they kept the same level of detail and execution as this (assuming it ends up looking as good after production.)

BTW - I asked on their Facebook page if Amy will have sculpted or rooted hair and they said they are developing her with rooted hair, which I think is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back