New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

I really Not sure about the Amy figure. I have pre ordered but money is a bit tight and I just not sure it's worth the money. It's a great figure and 50 quid no issue but with the current price rises I'm being very picky.

Has anyone else had problems ordering from the Big Chief website? I'm located in the US and every time I try to checkout it says there are no shipping options for my location. Yet, the pre-order page clearly lists shipping rates to the US. Is there a way to get around this?

I just went with BBTS. If they have the Signature Editions for Tennant or if they can get one for Eccleston or even Piper I'll deal with it.

BTW, finished Season 1 in a mad marathon last night and on to Season 2. I'm going to miss Eccelston but I'm excited to know Tennant.

Are there any grown ups here with the leaked pictures of CO Bok, Master and Brigadier 5" prototypes? Gallifrey Base are being all teacher's pet abou them. Apparently they've even been deleting discussion of the prototypes...

Here goes,
brigs.jpg

masterbok.jpg

Each one of those figs the corsair posted are instant buys for me. I have each finger crossed, my toes, and even working on my hair.

:pray:

They need a Benton now to go along with the Brig.

Looks good BC. I am glad you avoided the route of packaging him in a Police Box. :clap

I love the box but I'd be lying if I didn't want him in a TARDIS. :lol

Anyone know if any US retailers ever had the Signature Editions? Eventually when they get to Tennant I definitely want that one signed.

Anyone know if any US retailers ever had the Signature Editions? Eventually when they get to Tennant I definitely want that one signed.

Your onto Tennant now right? ..what do you think of him?

I want a REAL 1:6 Police Box to put him in. :lol

Signature editions can only be purchased through Big Cheif itself.

That packaging looks cool.
I can't wait to get this figure.
So when did they say he was going to be released?

Your onto Tennant now right? ..what do you think of him?

Yeah! I'm flying through the 2nd season, watching "Age of Steel" right now and geeking out over the Cybermen (I want one of those too!). I love Tennant, very different than Eccelston and I miss the sarcastic tone of him but love the overall performance, the goofiness, the strength in his delivery of lines and I love his relationship with both Rose and Mickey, even getting little hints of the 9th in some of his delivery.

I'm already going to miss him knowing my time with him is limited.

I want a REAL 1:6 Police Box to put him in. :lol

Exactly! I would seriously love a 1:6 TARDIS. I'd buy two!

Signature editions can only be purchased through Big Cheif itself.

Damn. That is going to cost me then when the time comes.

That packaging looks cool.
I can't wait to get this figure. So when did they say he was going to be released?

I've heard repeatedly around the net the release dates of July for the Doctor and October for Amy. I'm sure that with the box already done, we'll hear something official from BC soon.

Below is an email to me from Mark at Big Chief, Might help clear up the release dates!

"Hi Martin

Thanks for your email.

The shipping date that we announced was the date we were given by our vendors to ship out of China, therefore we would expect the stock to arrive roughly 4 weeks later by sea, so the end of May.

There has been a slight delay with the tooling for the female figure's arms which is currently being rectified. As both figures are being shipped together, this will of course also delay the Doctor too.

However, we do not want to keep you guys waiting any longer for the figures and so we are planning to fly in a quantity of stock to cover the Signature Edition and Limited Edition orders that we have sold direct via our website. We expect to have this stock around the end of May / early June.

You can pre-order the limited edition version of Amy and it will not cost you a penny. If you want the Signature Edition there is a £25 deposit, with the balance payable end of May / early June.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mark"

So I am guessing we will be shipping our out in early July then, after BC ships them to Diamond, who ships them to us.

Why are they waiting on Amy to ship out 11? It makes no sense. He was put on sale months before she was and is now severely over the initial release date. At the risk of being a cynical old bastard, I am still not going to be convinced on 11 until I see production samples. There have been so many slips twixt prototype and production that I am not parting with any money until I have seen the finished version and someone has actually got one in hand.

Why are they waiting on Amy to ship out 11? It makes no sense. He was put on sale months before she was and is now severely over the initial release date. At the risk of being a cynical old bastard, I am still not going to be convinced on 11 until I see production samples. There have been so many slips twixt prototype and production that I am not parting with any money until I have seen the finished version and someone has actually got one in hand.

I think it's just simple economics - it would cost more to ship them separately.

They're still a small company who probably don't have that much money to waste on seperate shipments. I'm prepared to wait and from what we've seen it looks like it's going to be worth the wait.

They are charging per figure for shipping, aren't they? I didn't see anything on the site about combining shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back