New BTTF Delorean from Diamond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I read stuff like this:

It's a limited edition. 1:18 scale, 14-inch long vehicle that's compatible with 3 3/4-inch scale action figures

I get hopeful that we'll see 3 3/4 scaled BTTF figures...at that scale likenesses aren't really an issue....

Here's an email I got from BBTS

"Hi - Diamond Comics has increased the MSRP of the Back to the Future Delorean from $39.99 to $49.99. We will need to adjust the preorder pricing on this item to account for the increased wholesale cost. We apologize for the inconvenience, price changes are generally not made after vendors have solicited the items, so this was a bit of an unusual situation."

I hope they add more lights for the price increase.

Here's an email I got from BBTS

"Hi - Diamond Comics has increased the MSRP of the Back to the Future Delorean from $39.99 to $49.99. We will need to adjust the preorder pricing on this item to account for the increased wholesale cost. We apologize for the inconvenience, price changes are generally not made after vendors have solicited the items, so this was a bit of an unusual situation."

I hope they add more lights for the price increase.

Ceiling lights on the inside roof between the doors perhaps! Hopefully the increase in cost was to 'fix' all the inaccuracies with the sculpt. According to their last Q&A, they mentioned it was going to be tweaked to be as accurate a replica of the BTTF DeLorean as possible! :rock

Here's an older post I made outlining that bit of info (since I emailed them myself and they actually answered it and posted it!!!)

WICKED! Just noticed from a post on Cooltoyreview that my feedback to DST about the inaccuracies on their BTTF DeLorean prototype has been posted in their new blog update! :rock'

I’m really excited about the DST light up Back To The Future DeLorean replicas shown at ToyFair. I have a couple of questions about them. First off, they appear to be made from the Sun Star 1/18 molds. BTTF.com mentioned that there will be some updates to some of the ‘inaccuracies’ seen on these. Wondering if that will include the wiring that wraps all the way around the rear wheel well (should go up into the rear deck) and the fact that there should be an ‘armature’ on the sides of BOTH exhaust vents at the back, not just one. These 2 inaccuracies always especially bothered me about the Sun Star. Also, will we see the BTTF III whitewall and railroad versions as well? That would be GREAT to have all 4 versions from each of the films. Thanks!

DSTChuck: To be honest I think the base was several kits and designs BUT what you saw was not final and we’re consulting with several BTTF experts to make sure these are as accurate as possible...We HOPE to do three versions of the DeLorean.

https://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/03/ask-dst-qa-31/

When I read stuff like this:

I get hopeful that we'll see 3 3/4 scaled BTTF figures...at that scale likenesses aren't really an issue....

I'd be content with just a Doc and Marty 2-pack.

Anyone in Philly, tommorow, Saturday night at midnight, the Ritz bewteen Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell is going to screen the original Back to the Future.

Funny. This is the 2nd DST-produced item I've had go up in price since the initial pre-order in recent weeks (other being Ghostbusters Minimates 2nd box set).

Just wanted to give a heads up. The DMC logo has been dropped over a potential legal dispute with the owners of the trade mark.

https://www.bttf.com/forums/blogs/timetraveller/112-diamond-select-drops-dmc-delays-2015-cap.html

Interesting. Well, at least they're not CANCELING it because of that. I REALLY want to see updated pics of the prototype with the 'more screen accurate' adjustments. I guess we'll have to wait until SDCC for that.

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to add the DMC logo to the grill and hubcaps myself then. :rolleyes:

this may sound dumb but this might be a no deal for me cuz of the DMC logo. that logo was one of the memorable things that always stood out to me on the BTTF Delorean. it looks weird without it IMO.

this may sound dumb but this might be a no deal for me cuz of the DMC logo. that logo was one of the memorable things that always stood out to me on the BTTF Delorean. it looks weird without it IMO.

Totally! Not the dumb part.

It's just not the same without it. Especially all those close up shots we seen of it. It would be like a Batman figure without the Bat symbol.

2989274321_3591bd61e9.jpg

The DeLorean Company out of Houston, TX apparently bought the assets and trade marks. The question remains why hasn't this issue been brought up until now? I think it's because the 25th anniversary of BTTF is coming up in 2010. A decal may look tacky on the DST DeLorean. I'll be curious if any scratch builders could cast the logo in resin....

Should be easy to customize the DMC logo out of styrene. I'm sure some customizers here will be offering the mods.

Interesting that they made the "cave" version dirtied but I'd also like a "clean" version like the Sun Star model. I'd also like the railroad wheels version with railroad track. It's too bad the DMC logos were dropped but again, I'm sure it would be easy to customize by creating a template in Illustrator and scaling it down. Wish DST could get licensing to make 3 3/4" action figures to go with these.

Interesting that they made the "cave" version dirtied but I'd also like a "clean" version like the Sun Star model. I'd also like the railroad wheels version with railroad track. It's too bad the DMC logos were dropped but again, I'm sure it would be easy to customize by creating a template in Illustrator and scaling it down. Wish DST could get licensing to make 3 3/4" action figures to go with these.

I sort of like that the BTTF III is dirty, gives it a bit of an authentic "weathered" look...but a cleaner one would also look cool. Either way, I'm excited to get the 3 of them, but agree a railroad version is in order too.

Back