New Attakus Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the movie/posters have made this pose IM iconic so maybe Marvel pushed Attakus to go this route. Either way I'm happy to finally be able to get movie statue's for HULK and Iron Man movies, it dosn't look like Sideshow is going to make them anytime soon.

Attakus, heh.. they promised us SW series 5, like what - 3 years ago?

If the movie folks hadn't used the exact same pose in their promo photo (and even in the movie itself, after a fashion), I would be in complete agreement with you. But they did, so the pose is now an iconic part of Iron Man's character. Would a different pose have been better? No doubt. Does this constitute a rip-off of Sideshow? Not in my opinion.

Of course, with Attakus' pricing, I'm sure it will be cheaper to find one of the Sideshow versions on eBay than to by this one new, anyway. :D

I agree with that. I mean, when you limit characters to one pose per statue, that's just ridiculous. It's not in bad form, they're different depictions and there's nothing wrong with this statue (except for the helmet sculpt :rolleyes:).

If it's limited to 300 or less and numbered, then i'll buy it. Or else, i'll wait :)

Ermm.... ha ha... ha ha ha... (holds lips together)... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Is that the lamest attempt ever or what?!

iron1.jpg

vs

I'm just not feeling this Attakus Iron Man statue... The helm looks "wider" (maybe it's due to angle of photography) :sick

I think his face looks like ass (on the statue). The overall pose is pretty lame too, doesn't convey the character or the iconic pose very well.

I don't like the attakus piece becaues it doesn't have the right metal look to the armor.

I read somewhere that its only 20 cm tall... that's like 7" to 8"...

Back