New Attakus Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Zero effort on the pose. I'm sorry, less than zero effort.
iron12.jpg

iron2.jpg

iron1.jpg

Im kinda undecided on this one.... At first look it looked cheesy. But after lookin at it more, there are some decent details. Does this light up in the eyes and chest? If so, very cool. If not, an average piece.....

Funny how nobody complained when Sideshow used this pose.

I'm just pointing out how nothing is ever really original. This is based off a movie photo which is based off the comic artwork.

ironmandf6.jpg
marvel2020iron20man202bh0.jpg

:monkey4.:monkey4:monkey4..attakus trying to bank on Sideshow's famous statue.Lame.

I'm just pointing out how nothing is ever really original. This is based off a movie photo which is based off the comic artwork.

ironmandf6.jpg
marvel2020iron20man202bh0.jpg

Well, it is in poor form to rip off the same exact pose after another collectibles company has already done it. Sure Sideshow created and modeled the original Comiquette after the comic book art but one could really say that Attakus has just plainly stolen the design from Sideshow at this point due to the immense popularity of that said piece. If they had been first to the plate with this idea, then I would have called Sideshow unoriginal.... as I did when they re released the same statue just with lights and a different paint scheme.

I agree it's lame they copied the exact same pose as the Sideshow statue but at least this is an alternative for those who missed out on the Sideshow piece. Also didn't IM make this pose in the movie and the movie art/posters had this pose as well. It could be Attakus was told by marvel to go with this 'now' iconic pose (thanks to the Sideshow Statue).

this piece looks kind of odd..i think it's the way his head is tilted...either way should have went with a different pose but then again every Iron Man pose has been done in some form or fashion i guess. don't like their version.

Well, it is in poor form to rip off the same exact pose after another collectibles company has already done it. Sure Sideshow created and modeled the original Comiquette after the comic book art but one could really say that Attakus has just plainly stolen the design from Sideshow at this point due to the immense popularity of that said piece. If they had been first to the plate with this idea, then I would have called Sideshow unoriginal.... as I did when they re released the same statue just with lights and a different paint scheme.

If the movie folks hadn't used the exact same pose in their promo photo (and even in the movie itself, after a fashion), I would be in complete agreement with you. But they did, so the pose is now an iconic part of Iron Man's character. Would a different pose have been better? No doubt. Does this constitute a rip-off of Sideshow? Not in my opinion.

Of course, with Attakus' pricing, I'm sure it will be cheaper to find one of the Sideshow versions on eBay than to by this one new, anyway. :D

Back