new Anakin/Obi sculpts...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
I think I'm gonna go kick my own ass for bringing this topic up. :lol

Again sorry Darren. :duff

Thats it! Lets ALL kick Josh's ass!
3.jpg

hunky_artist said:
people have got to remember, that I didn't make these in order to sell them. I made the Anakin sculpt and learnt how to cast it so I could have my Jedi and Vader versions with my preferred sculpt details.

People were asking if they would have them. So i decided that for the cost of my materials, yes, they could.

And I'm only letting people from this board, who have already bought the relevant figures have them. It's not like I'm taking any money out of Sideshow's or lucas's pocket. These figures are already owned by the people who want a different sculpt or a different paint job.

this isn't a business I'm running here, this is my hobby on the side... and I figured other people could have my custom sculpts too. I'm taking time out of my art business to do this. And I'm losing money considering I got $800 for my last portrait canvas I did for a woman in California.

This is a hobby, plain and simple. People love these figures. People have bought these figures. People want to have their heads customized. And if they ask me I'll do it for them

Darren

p.s. In case that offend other customizers (I seem to be getting everyone up in arms today) let me say that other great customizers are available and this thread in no way should be seen as an advertisement for my own customizing services, lol

Great speech! People do have to remember that when you already smell like crap, it can be tough trying to decide what soap to use. Some have already bought some type of Zest soap and it really comes down to Zest Tangerine Mango or Zest Spring Burst.

zesttangerinemangobathbst3.jpg
zestbathbarspringburst4ic3.jpg

In the end of this huge debacle we shall all be Zest-Fully Clean!

1994494185bx7.jpg

carbo-fation said:
I think that line alone should end this silly debate. Darren is not taking money away from Sideshow or Lucas. He's only offering to help those who have already purchased the respective figures.

It doesn't matter if we own the figure though. It's someone else work that made it. You may own a copy of LOTR but you do not have the right to make changes and then sell it to those that like the changes.

Again I'll make this clear I have ZERO issues with Darren and honestly I don't care what he does. It's his right to do what he wants and let the chips fall where they may. I think he's a class act by being able to discuss this without taking offense by anything. Something nice to see IMO.

hunky_artist said:
....I'm scared to post any updates now from my last few days of sculpting, lol
oh hell no! dont hesitate.

just say theyre all for yourself and put "PM for details" at the end.
It works at StatueForum :D

hunky_artist said:
....I'm scared to post any updates now from my last few days of sculpting, lol

Yeah, please don't. I enjoy seeing good work. I would feel pretty ****ty if me bringing up a question kept people from posting their work.

Yeah show it, or at least pm those of us who inquired about these! I'm thinking of repainting this as a CW version with the blue tribal paint.

Hot Damn!!!!!!!

I can take a factory hood off of a car, add a scoop and cast my own molds and sell it on the aftermarket without any problems.

What Hunky is doing is the same thing, offering a tweaked product.

Continue to show some pics!!!!!!!!!!

The debate is fun and interesting, but I'd sell it in a moment to see some more pics of your work! Continue, my friend, continue!!!!

HA...let the popular opinion of your work dictate your next move.

If there was or is a problem i'm sure the proper personel would "PM" Mr. HA.

And besides HA explained his intentions clearly enough.

I don't understand "what the fuzz". :confused:

UNVEIL THE CUSTOM!! :monkey5

Back